Round 1, Pick #9: CJ Spiller RB Clemson

SDS

:w00t:

You must be mentally retarded. How's he going to be the O rookie of the year when he gets tackled in the backfield?

You must not have listened to NFL Network. After we picked him, they said, "Spiller doesn't need everyone to be blocked to make plays."

To which I said - Good, because we can't block anyone. :nana:

I'm worried about OL and DL but what the hell, he's a great player. Thurman Thomas may have been the most impactful player in Bills history so if they got a guy who can recreate some of that, I'm on board.

Go C.J. :w00t:

Thurman had an OL and diversified offense to work within. Buffalo has none of that.

we all were drooling over the prospect of gruden as potential head coach and gruden feels spiller is the most talented player in the draft....i defer to his opinion.....build the line in later rounds...everyone had questions over the OT's left on the board...glad we didnt reach for a questionable talent and went with what many consider a sure fire hit

You must not have listened to NFL Network. After we picked him, they said, "Spiller doesn't need everyone to be blocked to make plays."

To which I said - Good, because we can't block anyone. :w00t:

No, I saw it.

I'm just further convinced that Ralph needs to go...and in a hurry. "new" front office and "new" head coach = same crap, different year.

Excellent pick! You can NEVER go wrong taking the BPA when you're a team that needs PLAYMAKERS. This kid is a homerun threat from ANYWHERE and will help us creat matchup problems because he's an excellent receiver.

Taking BPA, especially a playmaker like Spiller, is way better than reaching for a need. Shades of the SD pick when they took LT.

GO BILLS!!!

There was no "reaching" necessary. The Bills could have selected OT, DT, DE or QB and not "reached" given the talent on the board. The Bills just used their first round pick at once of the few spots that didn't need to be addressed - at least not that early. Fred Jackson might have been the best player on the team last year and they draft a top 10 guy to replace him.

Let's tread some more water - been doing it for 10 years now, I guess a few more years won't matter much.

we all were drooling over the prospect of gruden as potential head coach and gruden feels spiller is the most talented player in the draft....i defer to his opinion.....build the line in later rounds...everyone had questions over the OT's left on the board...glad we didnt reach for a questionable talent and went with what many consider a sure fire hit

No, I know better than Gruden. It's an awful pick.

Great. I look down on him. And I'm only 6'. Like I said...Barry Sanders II or he's a bust at #9 when we have NT/QB/LT to fill.

This guy is like Jones-Drew...and with the speed to be dangerous breaking it outside...

Terrible Pick!

Nix is no better than Marv

There is no need for a RB: Jackson and Lynch are good enough and running backs are a dime a dozen and have short lifespans.

Plus, there is no O-Line for him to run behind. Should have gone OLine or Dline

Does anybody expect anything different. We could have traded down!

I give up on this team - at least when they move to LA I can get take over my dad's season tix!

Hit the nail on the head. Haven't we learned by now in Bills nation that drafting skill players has produced nothing? Chris Johnson is only good because he's got a real OL blocking for him. TEN's OL is far and away better than Buffalo's.

Nix-Gailey are starting out like Levy-Jauron did. We know how the latter story ended.

Don't be so sure of this. Spiller is a way better plpspect than Lynch/McGahee. He's a true stud - fast enough to be a game changer.

The Ravens have generally stayed true to their board and taken the BPA not based on need. The Bills appear to have done that finally.

Nothing against Spiller, who I think is a VERY good running back, but I hope he can create his own holes.

Also: so long, Marshawn.

What I think many, many people are missing is that this is a team DEVOID of playmakers and has been for years. This kid looks like a playmaker who very well may not need any holes as he runs by everyone so fast.