Round 1, Pick #9: CJ Spiller RB Clemson

SDS

That is so wrong. You know what Levy and Jauron did MOST wrong? They drafted for need and they reached in the process. They drafted to fill holes. You know what good teams do? Not that. The Bills have 0 playmakers. Absolutely 0 playmakers. They have no break away threats. No players opposing teams plan for. Jesus.

This is the best they could have done.

Thank God you aren't a GM ...

Actually, !@#$. Maybe you are.

It's a stupid pick, no matter how many yards he puts up. Why? Because he won't win a super bowl for us.

I like Spiller ahead of the questionable OTs (Bulaga, Davis, etc) but I'm not sure I like the pick on its own merit. I suppose let's see how it plays out. I hope he stays healthy, can run between the tackles some and is more like Chris Johnson than Reggie Bush.

But he's a RB meaning he's got a short shelf life (8 years tops).

LOL!!!!

I usually am a BPA guy and focusing on the top 5 year contribution, but I think you have to think about what's going on here prior to 2018. If we are really worried about 8 years out then maybe the Maybin pick will be a home run.

I am concerned at NT and QB and LT, but I don't see Claussen as a home run here and I don't see either Davis or Bulaga as so much better than Demetrius Bell.

I would rather have had Dan Williams, but it is hard to argue with BPA impact player.

Read that out loud and see if it makes sense. Have you EVER seen a RB other than Barry Sanders who didn't need an OL?

The draft isn't over yet. Plus the Bills are reasonably set at G-C-G-RT. The draft for o-line is very deep, and the Bills can get someone in the second/third.

It looks like we have no choice but to move Lynch now. Knowing that, other teams will not need to give up much in return for him. I don't like selling Lynch at his lowest value possible (He's so young and I still think he will be a good rb), but in Spiller we got the best player available and a guy that should be a dynamic playmaker.

Our next pick better be an OT or NT. No Tebow. Not two straight skill positions.

Thank God you aren't a GM ...

Actually, !@#$. Maybe you are.

It's a stupid pick, no matter how many yards he puts up. Why? Because he won't win a super bowl for us.

We're the Buffalo Bills. The Saints couldn't win a Super Bowl for us. :thumbsup:

What I think many, many people are missing is that this is a team DEVOID of playmakers and has been for years. This kid looks like a playmaker who very well may not need any holes as he runs by everyone so fast.

We'll see...I know he did that in the ACC...We'll see if that's what he does when he and Lee Evans are the only 2 threats on the Field, the O-Line can't Block and the QB's no threat...We'll see what kind of miracles the Kids got up his sleeve...

Reggie Bush was once the next coming...We just Drafted Bush Lite...We'll see...But I'll be pulling for him no matter what... :thumbsup:

UGH. Look at what's available if we traded down? A high 2nd Rounder or Two 3rd Rounders? This is sickening. I'd take any of those over Spiller.

Just wait until the Bills trade UP to take a QB. Get ready...you can say goodbye that 1st round pick in 2011.

Maybe they picked him with the intent on trading him, perhaps to Seattle who has another 1st round pick, but they couldn't complete the deal in time. Or they're positioning themselves to tank this year so they have a top 3 pick next year when they'll pick a QB.

No, since they put the pick in right away

UGH. Look at what's available if we traded down? A high 2nd Rounder or Two 3rd Rounders? This is sickening. I'd take any of those over Spiller.

Exactly...And they ran up there with the card too...

Amature hour once again...

Spiller better be the next Barry Sanders...

We'll see...I know he did that in the ACC...We'll see if that's what he does when he and Lee Evans are the only 2 threats on the Field, the O-Line can't Block and the QB's no threat...We'll see what kind of miracles the Kids got up his sleeve...

Reggie Bush was once the next coming...We just Drafted Bush Lite...We'll see...But I'll be pulling for him no matter what... :thumbsup:

Word.

Read that out loud and see if it makes sense. Have you EVER seen a RB other than Barry Sanders who didn't need an OL?

Hmmm...while the Demetrius Bell stock is down, he is still a talented project who will now have another year under him (but I don't think will be our starter). I kinda like Wood-Hangartner-Leivitre-Meredith. Remember our injuries, and remember that LT is huge in pass protection, but the other four guys count in the run blocking. Getting a special player is nice. We will see how it works out.

We're the Buffalo Bills. The Saints couldn't win a Super Bowl for us. :thumbsup:

I'm not saying that I expected the Bills to contend this year (or even next). That's the point. They're 3-5 years away from even contending for the PLAYOFFS. Add another 3 years to contend for a title. That is assuming they build perfectly.

Spiller is a guy you take when you're one playmaker away. Not a dozen.

Chris Johnson...

Some people here need to make up their minds. Was it the coaching or the players? Maybe new coaches get more out of the current crop? If it was the players - why was everyone crying over Jauron?

They selected an impact player for a scheme that has yet to be revealed. Let them show their cards before you condemn them.

Why do people keep saying the Bills can't block? Fred Jackson had a 4.5 YPC average last year with a patchwork/green O-line and an inept system. This Spiller kid is supposed to be incredibly fast, has great vision, and apparently has great receiving skills and was on the honor roll (both of which I didn't know). I'm liking the pick a little more, but that's based on expecting them to fill NT and LT later.