UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you were in Catholic school, were you told that all Bible stories were rosy, happy, milk, and honey? What you failed to include is the fact that the Midianites (Numbers 31) were a sinful people who were trying to lead the Israelites (God's people) into apostasy. To protect his people, God sent his wrath on on the Midianites.

As far as your second reference this is a prophecy regarding the destruction of Babylon (the pagan empire that wanted to destroy the Israelites) - and you failed to include the verses 11-12. "I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins. I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty and will humble the pride of the ruthless. I will make man scarcer than pure gold, more rare than the gold of Ophir."

Lovely stories? No. No one claimed that they were. Now, why don't you go back to your Christian skeptic manual and try again.

Ohhhhh.. so it's thou shalt not kill.. unless they are a sinner (AKA don't agree with you?).. then it's ok?

Hmm So God's people were the Israelites? Wonder who created the Midianites? Maybe they just spontaneously appeared? Since they weren't God's people of course..

I'm sure someone posted the Cold Hard Football Facts Tebow article already, but just in case they didn't (and since I admittedly don't feel like reading through 26 pages of potential arguing):

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...ebow/index.html

It does a great job of pointing out just how other-worldly-good a college player Tebow was.

Count me among those that can't believe some people think he'll be there in the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th round. I still think someone will take him in the 1st.

The cold hard facts are that he's never played in a pro style offense, has garbage mechanics (dont give me his "improved release" stuff either. His new release looks stiff and forced. Its not a natural throwing motion), his passes fultter, and he was never required to read a defense in gainesville. His options were throw to the primary WR or run the ball.

I don't care about how he was able to pile up gaudy numbers against the likes of florida international and charleston southern. How have Timmy Chang, Colt Brennan, Eric Crouch, etc all faired after putting up astronomical numbers in college?

The cold hard facts are that he's never played in a pro style offense, has garbage mechanics (dont give me his "improved release" stuff either. His new release looks stiff and forced. Its not a natural throwing motion), his passes fultter, and he was never required to read a defense in gainesville. His options were throw to the primary WR or run the ball.

I don't care about how he was able to pile up gaudy numbers against the likes of florida international and charleston southern. How have Timmy Chang, Colt Brennan, Eric Crouch, etc all faired after putting up astronomical numbers in college?

Aside from the obvious fact that the guys you mention didn't have anywhere near the college success that Tebow did, none of them (1) played in the toughest conference in college football or (2) put up anywhere near the numbers that Tebow did, with the possible exception of Chang's passing yardage. Looking at TD:INT ratio, QB rating, YPA, and oh-so meaningless stats called "wins" and "championships", it's not even close between the guys you mentioned and Tebow.

I also find it more than humorous that practically everything you mention in your first paragraph is an opinion, and yet you call these opinions "cold hard facts", when in all actuality the linked article presents only that--facts. Not opinions regarding his mechanics, the prettiness of his spiral, or a totally misconceived perception of his strength of opponents. How can you possibly claim that a guy that faced LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Miss St., Auburn, and Vanderbilt on a yearly basis is piling up his numbers against sub-standard competition? Even the most casual fan could tell you that the SEC boasts a far, far better compliment of defensive teams than any other major conference.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stat...ference=I-A_all

Frankly, the fact that you even went in this direction with your post reeks of a guy that didn't read the article, since pretty much everything you mentioned was addressed in it.

In summary, you'd probably be better served to state your opinions as just that, opinions, since factually, you aren't even close on anything you stated.

But hey, no hard feelings.

:blink:

I will hurl if they blow a 2nd round pick on this project QB!! They need to address the OL and DL in the 1st two rounds IMO unless they have a chance at Bradford or Clausen.

I agree with you. Build the lines and any QB can win games..

Ohhhhh.. so it's thou shalt not kill.. unless they are a sinner (AKA don't agree with you?).. then it's ok?

Hmm So God's people were the Israelites? Wonder who created the Midianites? Maybe they just spontaneously appeared? Since they weren't God's people of course..

Are these rhetorical questions, or are you truly asking for answers?

Aside from the obvious fact that the guys you mention didn't have anywhere near the college success that Tebow did, none of them (1) played in the toughest conference in college football or (2) put up anywhere near the numbers that Tebow did, with the possible exception of Chang's passing yardage. Looking at TD:INT ratio, QB rating, YPA, and oh-so meaningless stats called "wins" and "championships", it's not even close between the guys you mentioned and Tebow.

I also find it more than humorous that practically everything you mention in your first paragraph is an opinion, and yet you call these opinions "cold hard facts", when in all actuality the linked article presents only that--facts. Not opinions regarding his mechanics, the prettiness of his spiral, or a totally misconceived perception of his strength of opponents. How can you possibly claim that a guy that faced LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Miss St., Auburn, and Vanderbilt on a yearly basis is piling up his numbers against sub-standard competition? Even the most casual fan could tell you that the SEC boasts a far, far better compliment of defensive teams than any other major conference.

Frankly, the fact that you even went in this direction with your post reeks of a guy that didn't read the article, since pretty much everything you mentioned was addressed in it.

In summary, you'd probably be better served to state your opinions as just that, opinions, since factually, you aren't even close on anything you stated.

:blink:

Bandit, your the man......100% correct my friend...

This guy is such a clown !!!! He's obviously biased towards Tebow. He's from Tallahassee Florida, so he's prob a florida state fan.

Up till a day ago he had a picture of Tebow on the ground after his concussion, as his avatar picture.

And also his signature is some guy from the sporting news dissing Tebow. He's obviously just a "hater".

Just another guy unfairly nit-picking Tebows game. Because they just point blank dont like him. They hate all the hype he's gotten on ESPN for the last four years. So to take out his frustration he makes things up on a message board.

Oh and thats like the 10th time, ive seen him write about the two scrub teams, the gators play every year. Is that really all u got? My friend they play in the SEC, ok? I know u think the SEC is overrated, and thats ur opinion, I respect that. But who's playing a tougher schedule? Also i would like to add that in the games u mention, Tebow never played the whole game. Sometimes just a half. So he obviously was putting up big numbers in every game he played in......

I didn't notice this Tebow thread pinned at the top.

What a complete waste of time and energy this is, there is more chance of Bradford falling to 1.09 then Tebow being drafted by the Bills.

Where do you "people" think he would be drafted? 4.09?

Tebow- does anyone think this way?

Buffalo picks Tebow in the first round. The worst that can happen is we get a great H-back or TE/FB and a special teams monster. What it also does is throw a torpedo down the throat of a struggling Jacksonville franchise. May be the final hit to

cause Jacksonville to relocate instead of Buffalo. I like the Bills in Buffalo. LA Jags anyone?

Here is a thought. If the Bills draft Tebow at nine it screws Jacksonville who needs Tebow more than anyone to sell tickets.

Maybe this puts the final flush in their franchise. Better them than us.LA Jags has a nice sound to it. At least we would get a "football player" we can stick somewhere. TE FB QB wherever he can fit in Chan's plans.

I will get out my umbrella now.

This has to be one of the most insanely idiotic posts I've ever read. I think bandit did a good job of completely debunking this nonsense so I won't waste any of my time retreading his logic which I am quite certain will have no affect whatsoever on your opinion anyway, since it is perfectly clear that logic and reason are concepts that are utterly lost on you. I will just say that your post is a flagrant insult to lucid thought, and as such, you should really consider not saying anything at all, rather than demonstrating your stupidity to the rest of the world.

I also think he will be taken in the 1st, or 2nd at the worst. I don't think the Bills should take him that high, though. Hell, if he is available in the 4th or 5th I'd be thrilled if the Bills drafted him.

Frankly I will be surprised if he is available when we pick at #9. Why any Bills fan would not want to snatch this guy up immediately as soon as possible just boggles my mind, especially if they have read that article or done even an ounce of research for themselves.

If Tebow is available at #9 (I'm not getting my hopes up) and we fail to take him there, we deserve to wallow in mediocrity for the remainder of the Bills existence in Buffalo.

Frankly I will be surprised if he is available when we pick at #9.

:P:D

9 OVERALL? You think someone is going to trade up INTO the top 10 to take a guy who no one in the league has graded as a first round QB?

Take a deep breath and come back to reality.

Holy Lord there are some crazy mo'fos on this board.

Even the kindest Tebow scouting reports have him listed as a "project" QB that will take time to adjust to the pro game. Perhaps as long as 3 seasons. No one spends a top 10 pick and invests top 10 money in a project QB.

He may very well go in the later half of round 1 -- but that would be the earliest. There's zero chance he goes in the top 10. Zero.

Frankly I will be surprised if he is available when we pick at #9. Why any Bills fan would not want to snatch this guy up immediately as soon as possible just boggles my mind, especially if they have read that article or done even an ounce of research for themselves.

If Tebow is available at #9 (I'm not getting my hopes up) and we fail to take him there, we deserve to wallow in mediocrity for the remainder of the Bills existence in Buffalo.

Hittin' the booze early today, good for you. :D

This has to be one of the most insanely idiotic posts I've ever read. I think bandit did a good job of completely debunking this nonsense so I won't waste any of my time retreading his logic which I am quite certain will have no affect whatsoever on your opinion anyway, since it is perfectly clear that logic and reason are concepts that are utterly lost on you. I will just say that your post is a flagrant insult to lucid thought, and as such, you should really consider not saying anything at all, rather than demonstrating your stupidity to the rest of the world.

Given the complete lack of any sign of intelligence in any post you've ever made, i'll take this as a compliment. You've turned being clueless and wrong into an art form.

:D

All your little article/blog did was post some numbers about tebow's college career. And we all know that numbers are directly indicative of pro success. :P I read the article, and there wasn't squat about tebow's poor mechanics and his never taking a snap from center, and his inability to go through progressions, except for the blogger summarily dismissing those claims without backing anything up.

While comments about mechanics and his inability to read a may be opinions, they are opinions shared by nearly every NFL scout/executive and football journalist.

I do find it amusing that you debunk my argument as nothing more than an "opinion" and then you go trot out the most asinine argument of them all, the "he just wins" line.

I'd be shocked if Tebow lasted until the 5th round even if all 32 coaches agreed he had no more than Van Peltian ability at QB. Some owner would make it happen in the 3rd, 4th at the latest.

Anyone who believes that Tebow will last until the 5th round does not know anything about the business side of football. season tickets are bought before the season starts and Tebow will sell plenty of tickets before his throws his first pass or runs from the wildcat or pistol formations.

Good blog! Tonight I am growing inpatient with this D. Mcnabb thing, The rumors, smokescreens, posturing ! If D. McNabb

truly doesn't want to come here??? then the heck with him!!!!!!!!!! Of course I would be very excited initially if he was traded to Buffalo, but if that means he will only sign for one year or even two (as there is a relatively high probability it will

be a strike season..) then it's just not worth doing when evaluating the overall prudence of trading for him. I for one would

hate to see the Bills get into a bidding war with teams like ST.Louis and Oakland and whomever else may "really" be interested in McNabb.

I think the smartest "move" after careful thought would be not making a move at all unless McNabb signs a 3 year contract that is incentive heavy and that we don't give up more than a 2nd round draft pick this year. I don't care if we throw in a mediocre player on our roster as we have plenty of those!

But getting back to the point of my reply is that I believe Tim Tebow would gladly go to any team and give it his all to succeed. I believe in the intangibles!!! I believe that Tim Tebow would strive to succeed and success is practically all he knows! The power of belief is strong, a hard work ethic, the willingness to change, learn, improve, and have high set of

morals and leadership ability.

Although I have never been a fan of Tebow's or on his bandwagon I believe that he or someone else with similar chacteristics is what we want for "Our Team" !!! I think D. McNabb may play very well in spurts but he is on the downside.

He is rounding the hill past his prime in a downward spiral. He is rumored to be a bit overweight and foot slow...He still has passing skills but that isn't always his best attribute. I think we'll get one good season out of McNabb and that's about it if we traded for him. You do remember the highly anticipated Drew Blesdoe that was the so-called answer to our desires??

Also after thinking about it...We really need our 2nd round pick and what if we could find Tebow or another QB with potential in the 2nd. At least we may have the possiblity of having someone for the next 10 years if they pan out!!! Sure

there is risk drafting a QB...But Donovan McNabb doesn't have 10 years left, 9,8,7,6,5,4 years left... at best 3 years and probably 1 or 2 years which may include a strike season in which there are no games.

What would it accomplish having McNabb for just one season...besides selling seats at the Ralph??? even if they had a decent draft, filled a few holes, learned the 3-4, avoided the injury plague etc....I can't see the Bills winning more than 8 or 9 games if everything fell into place perfectly!!! That won't be enough to get to the playoffs!! So what's the point when it's more likely that the Bills will win approx. 5 games...maybe 6 or 7 because of the upgrade in QB with McNabb....I finally have talked myself into drafting our franchise QB of the future !!! Do you think the Jets regret it??? How about Indy back when they landed Peyton Manning?? How about New Eng. with Brady??? Sure the risk of Ryan Leaf exists!!! But it does at OT ie: Mike Williams, at WR Roscoe Parrish, etc.... Get that OLT, QB, DT/NT, WR in the draft and maybe we'll have tasty gravy eventually instead of day old poorage!!!!!! I am finally beginning to see the light of what Buddy Nix has been

talking about in reference to building through the draft.

Historically, each time I think I have the Bills organization figured out they surprise me and outdo themselves by making

a bad personnel decision. I will be monitoring this whole situation carefully as I believe it will forshadow the organizations

philosophy now and in the near future. If Buddy Nix avoids making this trade in the end and drafts a QB, then I will finally

start to believe that they have become "Serious" about winning in the future instead of trying to plug a hole for the short-term which hasn't worked out well for us in the past. It will sell tickets getting McNabb and then eventually we'll be just

as excited to hang up his cleats for good as I don't envision him as being the long-term answer to the equation!! Drafting

wisely and keeping your talent prior to a player become a FA is what I hope the Bills will do as we put the pieces together.

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the end of the day - my money says Tebow will be a decent QB. Very similar to Doug Flutie in that...he just wins.

If ZERO playoff wins in the NFL is good enough for you, then Flutie is just your kind of QB. How could a QB who "just wins" have ZERO playoff wins in the NFL?

If ZERO playoff wins in the NFL is good enough for you, then Flutie is just your kind of QB. How could a QB who "just wins" have ZERO playoff wins in the NFL?

Are you forgetting about his CFL playoff wins? :D

All your little article/blog did was post some numbers about tebow's college career. And we all know that numbers are directly indicative of pro success. :thumbsup: I read the article, and there wasn't squat about tebow's poor mechanics and his never taking a snap from center, and his inability to go through progressions, except for the blogger summarily dismissing those claims without backing anything up.

While comments about mechanics and his inability to read a may be opinions, they are opinions shared by nearly every NFL scout/executive and football journalist.

I do find it amusing that you debunk my argument as nothing more than an "opinion" and then you go trot out the most asinine argument of them all, the "he just wins" line.

So, if I've got this right, your opinions regarding his throwing motion, read progression, etc. (all of which can be corrected with coaching, if a guy is willing to work hard) qualify as "cold hard facts" but stating that he's got more wins and championships than any of the QBs you mentioned (and most of the current NFL upper-echelon QBs) is "asinine" in your book? That's not an opinion, Raimus, it's a fact. He's a winner, and he played in the toughest conference in college football. He's also an extremely hard worker; is there any doubt in your mind that he'd be 100% dedicated to being the best QB he could be? Are you contending that he's somehow unable to be coached into better mechanics and footwork?

Here are the facts, once more, for your review:

- He's a great athlete that has played QB at a top college program, in the top college conference, for more than 3 seasons

- He's been a better passer in college than most (if not all) of the current marquee NFL QBs that played in the same conference (as shown in the article)

- He's been more successful in college (in terms of wins/losses and National Titles) than all of the current marquee NFL QBs

I realize that you don't put any stock in those things, but most NFL people do...as I think we'll see come April 22nd.

So, if I've got this right, your opinions regarding his throwing motion, read progression, etc. (all of which can be corrected with coaching, if a guy is willing to work hard) qualify as "cold hard facts" but stating that he's got more wins and championships than any of the QBs you mentioned (and most of the current NFL upper-echelon QBs) is "asinine" in your book? That's not an opinion, Raimus, it's a fact. He's a winner, and he played in the toughest conference in college football. He's also an extremely hard worker; is there any doubt in your mind that he'd be 100% dedicated to being the best QB he could be? Are you contending that he's somehow unable to be coached into better mechanics and footwork?

Here are the facts, once more, for your review:

- He's a great athlete that has played QB at a top college program, in the top college conference, for more than 3 seasons

- He's been a better passer in college than most (if not all) of the current marquee NFL QBs that played in the same conference (as shown in the article)

- He's been more successful in college (in terms of wins/losses and National Titles) than all of the current marquee NFL QBs

I realize that you don't put any stock in those things, but most NFL people do...as I think we'll see come April 22nd.

Lets simply draft every Boise St player then. They "just win".

Simple research would go a long way in educating you. Maybe you wanna try it?

I've done my research thanks. I wanted to hear your answers. Guess you don't have any.. which is what I figured.