LT released.

DarthICE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would we be "gettin er done"??

lets not waste time/money/effort at a position that we are currently solid in...unless you are one of the loons interested or hoping in trading Beastmode, which aint happening...especially not to replace him with an aged, overpriced 3rd down back....

Going after a fading HOF back when the team is in the beginning stages of rebuilding a devastated franchise is absurd. The Bills presently have two backs who can adequately play the position. Why would LT want to go to a franchise which has little chance to make the playoffs and has OL and qb deficiencies?

Going after a fading HOF back when the team is in the beginning stages of rebuilding a devastated franchise is absurd. The Bills presently have two backs who can adequately play the position. Why would LT want to go to a franchise which has little chance to make the playoffs and has OL and qb deficiencies?

LT is done and he is done for a reason. He has had too many injuries and is WAY past his prime. Where would he fit in our rotation? Fred, Marshawn, LT....we don't have enough touches to go around for the guys we do have. It is only logical to assume it's another one of these guys that think player XYZ is a thug or whatever veiled "off color" name you want to use. It's typical.

Lynch without question has definitely had some maturity issues but he is a good RB who was in the probowl as an alternate 2 years ago. He had the highest yards per carry of all probowl RBs and was the guy called in when the AFC needed a critical 4th down conversion. We are never going to get better if we keep getting rid of talent because our poor little feelings got hurt because these players aren't perfect gentlemen or actually demand to be paid what they are worth.

I agree he is a risk due to his off field problems and that Fred is a better cut back runner and slightly better receiver. Is this because Fred Jackson is 29 and Lynch is 23? Something to think about people. Freddy better be more mature and more polished as a RB as he is more than 5 years Lynch's senior. That is 2/3s of a lifetime in RB years. That being said if we could actually find this guy a o-line that could open a freakin' hole in the running game he is indeed a BEAST!

Let's worry about fixing our actual holes instead of creating new ones shall we?

Why soil a sterling career when it is obvious that he is a shadow of what he once was? Of course it is difficult to hang up the cleats he has worn for so long. But at this tail end stage of his career why be a pedestrian roll player for a relatively low salary. LT is a person with a lot of pride. He would be miserable having a very secondary role.

this is not the "LT" that anyone at OBD should be "getting done".

we dont need a running back. especially an often-injured, prima donna.

we need a LEFT TACKLE first.

For a while there, I thought we had released a Left Tackle off our own squad.

Just say no to LaDanian.

LT is done and he is done for a reason. He has had too many injuries and is WAY past his prime. Where would he fit in our rotation? Fred, Marshawn, LT....we don't have enough touches to go around for the guys we do have. It is only logical to assume it's another one of these guys that think player XYZ is a thug or whatever veiled "off color" name you want to use. It's typical.

Lynch without question has definitely had some maturity issues but he is a good RB who was in the probowl as an alternate 2 years ago. He had the highest yards per carry of all probowl RBs and was the guy called in when the AFC needed a critical 4th down conversion. We are never going to get better if we keep getting rid of talent because our poor little feelings got hurt because these players aren't perfect gentlemen or actually demand to be paid what they are worth.

I agree he is a risk due to his off field problems and that Fred is a better cut back runner and slightly better receiver. Is this because Fred Jackson is 29 and Lynch is 23? Something to think about people. Freddy better be more mature and more polished as a RB as he is more than 5 years Lynch's senior. That is 2/3s of a lifetime in RB years. That being said if we could actually find this guy a o-line that could open a freakin' hole in the running game he is indeed a BEAST!

Let's worry about fixing our actual holes instead of creating new ones shall we?

I do agree with your pointsa bout not going after LT, as well as your points about keeping talent as opposed to letting them walk. However I completely disagree with your take on Lynch. I do think he started to get looked at on the field because of his off the field issues. However, on the field he is far from a "good" RB. He has proven that he is an average RB at best. Even if you gave this guy a line he would find OL'men to run into. He is a power back, unfortunately he likes to dance around like he is more than a power back. He doesnt fit in what his role should be. The only reason I wouldnt cut him is because we still need a backup at some point. But I think hes worthless.

why would we be "gettin er done"??

lets not waste time/money/effort at a position that we are currently solid in...unless you are one of the loons interested or hoping in trading Beastmode, which aint happening...especially not to replace him with an aged, overpriced 3rd down back....

Sure, at first glance you say "Wow LT", but it really wouldn't make sense when your building towards the future and probably have a 2-3 yr wait until you are good enough to be in the playoff hunt! The only thing I'd be willing to part with is either R. Parrish or M. Lynch (Beastmode). It would be interesting if we pulled this off and somehow got McNabb, now that

McNabb and T.O. are once again chummy! Ticket sales would once again do very well, but at the end of the day we would be lucky to be a 8-8 team...

My Fellow Bills Fans:

If I remember correctly, in Lynch's rookie season he had a great year and produced many points. We all thought he was the best running back that we've had this whole decade and all of the fans adored him not only beacuse of his personality, but becasue of his playing ability. The following year he missed a few games, and still produced the same numbers. This year, he seemed to have some troubles on and off the field, which led to him being less productive. Did everyone forget how terrible the Bills' line was? You can't blame this horrible season on any one person. It's a team effort, and if one peice of the puzzle doesn't fit in, it all starts to get out of shape. So before you start ranting and raving on Lynch, and how he is a bust who is no longer effective, please look at the bigger picture.

Conclusion: we don't need LT, we need a LEFT TACKLE + other linemen that are actually good.

Thankyou

I say LT retires, doesn't want to go be a back up for a lesser team than the Chargers.

As for Lynch, I am definitely not a fan of all his off the field bullsh*t, but I think that as long as he doesn't do anything stupid again this off-season, the Bills should keep him because he still is a decent back. It would be stupid for the Bills to creates more problems for themselves when we still need a QB and lots of new 3-4 personnel.

Either way, they should draft an insurance policy RB in the middle of the draft. Toby Gerhart for instance :P