Jerry Glanville

Jerry Glanville... what say you?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Jerry Glanville be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills?

• Yes
    • No

:rolleyes:

He’d bring a 3-ring circus atmosphere….you remember….the tickets at the gate every game for Elvis. He expressed interest in coaching the Bills in the past….at least once and maybe more….after Wade “quit” :thumbsup:

Look, he just got let go by Portland State here in Oregon. He took over a winning program in a 3rd tier Division 1 school and basically turned 'em into a loser in 3 years. I dunno, just because he rode Mouse Davis' run-and-shoot to some early success in the pros and gives good press conferences doesn't make him a good candidate.

Rumor has it... Jerry Glanville may have interest in stepping back into coaching, specifically in Buffalo.

Rumor has it that I may have an interest in stepping into coaching, specifically in Buffalo.

I've never coached a team before, on any level. I don't know the first thing about where I'd begin. I'd likely be a disaster as a coach. But not a disaster of Jerry Glanville proportions!! :lol:

I'm surprised Jerry Glanville's name is being thrown aroung here as a joke. When Tom Donahoe was doing his intial coaching search in 2001, Wilson wanted him to interview Glanville for the job. Donahoe was able to fend Wilson off.

Here is a blurb about it from 2001:

Donahoe said people will have to be patient because there are two candidates for the head coaching job still playing. Those candidates are Marvin Lewis and John Fox. He received permission to talk to Fox late in the week and he has yet to ask for permission to speak with Lewis but that appears to be a foregone conclusion. Ted Cottrell is the only person to interview for the job, he interviewed on Monday and it went well. Dom Capers was granted permission to speak with the Bills but he accepted the Houston job before interviewing with the Bills. A late addition to the candidates' list appears to be Tennessee defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. One other name that has surfaced is Jerry Glanville giving his longtime relationship with Ralph Wilson

:lol:

LINK

I'm surprised Jerry Glanville's name is being thrown aroung here as a joke. When Tom Donahoe was doing his intial coaching search in 2001, Wilson wanted him to interview Glanville for the job. Donahoe was able to fend Wilson off.

Here is a blurb about it from 2001:

Donahoe said people will have to be patient because there are two candidates for the head coaching job still playing. Those candidates are Marvin Lewis and John Fox. He received permission to talk to Fox late in the week and he has yet to ask for permission to speak with Lewis but that appears to be a foregone conclusion. Ted Cottrell is the only person to interview for the job, he interviewed on Monday and it went well. Dom Capers was granted permission to speak with the Bills but he accepted the Houston job before interviewing with the Bills. A late addition to the candidates' list appears to be Tennessee defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. One other name that has surfaced is Jerry Glanville giving his longtime relationship with Ralph Wilson

:lol:

LINK

Tis' true, Space Man. No one is taking this scoop seriously. Rest assured, it IS being discussed on a serious level.