It's Not It's Not A Rumor Anymore. Marshawn Has Been Arrested.

FluffHead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the facts meet what Marshawn's lawyer says i highly doubt the DA will try to prosecute. LA cops are notoriously corrupt and if the cops were white will want to avoid the racial boundries.

I have no idea why Marshawn was in Culver City but it isn't a great area. I think Marshawn needs to see a Therapist 3 times a week to try and figure out how he puts himself in these situations.

This diagnosis from his therapist: "typical pro athlete thug poseur: punk subtype".

Was the car registered to him? The gun? Was he aware the firearm was in the vehicle? All things nobody knows but the authorities at this point, and all very important questions.

Why were they approached by police? Why was their vehicle searched? Did they find anything else?

No traffic ticket here, no easy outs. Felony charges are serious and will draw major heat from the league. The Bills speak of character players and draft a thug, the exact reason we need a real front office, we keep getting mixed messages.

Our goals will be mediocrity, expect less.

He is getting suspended. Last year he got some slack for the traffic incident. With luck it's 4 games but after the Burris gun thing I would not be shocked if he is gone for the year.

The message board over at buffalobills.com says there is a rumor that Marshawn Lynch was arrested for possession of a firemarm in Culver City. I REALLY hope this is not true!!! Please don't shoot the messanger if this proves to be false.

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.p...0222#post100222

This is just plain stupid of Marshawn... maybe you foorgive and forget the issues last offseason as a kid who made a serious mistake. This is just plain stupid ... why does he need a loaded gun? What was he planning to use it for? If he does not feel safe find some new friends and new places to hang out.

Its one thing when other similar threads are off the page and tough to find, but can SOME people please show a little bit of respect to the moderators and not spawn new threads just to get attention? I'm sure they have better things to do than close threads that didn't need to be started in the first place.

Sorry to everyone else, but this really got me $&^$^&

He is getting suspended. Last year he got some slack for the traffic incident. With luck it's 4 games but after the Burris gun thing I would not be shocked if he is gone for the year.

True. Burress got a long suspension...oh wait what? Burress wasn't suspended?

I have no idea what happens here. Even if the charges are dropped or Lynch pleads to a misdemeanor, it is conceivable that he will be subject to suspension under the NFL conduct policy. In the event that he is suspended for four games, I do not see how the Bills go into the season (and for the first four games) with only Fred Jackson and the back-ups we had last year. I really like Freddy, but I can see how this scenario could result in a poor start for the team, which would be devastating with the tough schedule in 2009.

Under all scenarios, I think the Bills will be forced to either pick up another RB in free agency or use a draft pick in rounds 2-4 on a RB. We need to hope that the charges are dropped and that the NFL does not suspend Lynch. Even if this happens, the question will remain as to whether the Bills need to make contingency plans given Lynch's problems in only his first two years with the Bills.

I don't recall any of the Levy/Polian era guys getting into trouble with the law as much as recent Bills have.

If football character were the prevailing wisdom (of which I'm sure every team subscribes to) why in the heck was McCargo drafted.

This whole thing demonstrates that all teams take risks and ultimately bend their rules in the interest of acquiring talented football players.

Was your head lodged in your ass during the super bowl years? Bills not getting in trouble? :w00t:

Or is it that the Bills were winning games back then so no one cared?

Or is it that you are willing to dig into anything and everything to take a shot at Levy?

California Firearms Law

HANDGUNS

California Penal Code section 12025 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not lawfully prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person provided the firearm is unloaded and stored in a locked container.

The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.

Would appear if reports are correct he had gun in trunk, he may have been within his rights...

Was your head lodged in your ass during the super bowl years? Bills not getting in trouble? :w00t:

Or is it that you are willing to dig into anything and everything to take a shot at Levy?

OK, name some arrests back then. The only one I can think of is Bruce Smith asleep in his car. No gun probs that I remember. No wife-beating that I can remember. You're the one who's laughing out loud, so letl's hear it, what are you talking about?

Your head was permanently lodged in your fourth point of contact for about four months leading up to draft day 08.

Well, here is a positive to this whole issue:

Those who wait for ESPN to talk about the Bills, as if what they say validates your existence as a Bills fan, Marshawn's troubles should be the talk of Mike and Mike and Colin Cownerd this week, isn't that wonderful?? ESPN IS TALKING ABOUT THE BILLS!! oooooh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OK, name some arrests back then. The only one I can think of is Bruce Smith asleep in his car. No gun probs that I remember. No wife-beating that I can remember. You're the one who's laughing out loud, so letl's hear it, what are you talking about?

you kidding? Darryl Talley had a DWI, I'm pretty sure Thurman had one. I want to say Leonard Smith had one.

The SB Bills were partiers through and through, and they would have gotten into more sh-- if they weren't as good.

you kidding? Darryl Talley had a DWI, I'm pretty sure Thurman had one. I want to say Leonard Smith had one.

The SB Bills were partiers through and through, and they would have gotten into more sh-- if they weren't as good.

Ok, so since there were arrests then, we should just turn a blind eye to Marshawn

The NFL is AS BAD OR WORSE then these other leagues tha NFL fans talk about as if the NFL is so sacred.

I get turned off more and more to the NFL each month.

A DUI is not a felony.

Has it occurred to anyone that the reason the Culver City police didn't publicize this* was because someone there realized that there might not have been any good reason for the search to begin with? Has it occurred to anyone that the same PD may have charged everyone in the car with "possession" of the same weapon, which was in the trunk?

More importantly, and I direct this to the Americans on this board, which should be the majority (non-Americans, you may well have a very different standard where you live), what the hell happened to the God-given right of reasonable freedom from police intrusion? Has anyone given any decent explanation for why this car was pulled over? What happened to the gun nuts (I did see a very well-articulated comment earlier in the thread about how gun freedom is protected if you're white) who should be screaming about Lynch's right to bear arms? What happened to the presumption of innocence? Some of the comments I've read suggest that there's a fair amount of self-examination due for some of our so-called "patriots" on this board.

The absolute worst came from a poster who suggested that Lynch "was trouble" the moment he was drafted. The press on Lynch after the draft was all about how he bought a suburban WNY house for his mother and brother, to get them out of the rougher area in which he grew up, and to keep them close to him. He was lauded for his family commitment and his desire to see his little brother succeed. There was no mention of any trouble when Lynch was drafted, and of course, when I challenged said poster to come forward with something, anything, well, there was nothing.

A lot of what I'm reading early this morning (on Presidents' Day, of course) is bigoted or ignorant at best, anti-American at worst, and completely not helpful at all. Despite what Lynch did last year on Chippewa Street (and I believe that he did what he is purported to have done), there's no reason to some of what I've read here. Even if the facts eventually prove those posters to be correct, there's no reason to those posts, at this point.

* I saw Tim Graham's earlier comment on this board, and in this thread, about how the media wouldn't necessarily have picked up on this quickly, because they may not have known that the man arrested was an NFL player, because, in turn, the police may not have known. With due respect, I think that's unlikely. At the station, Question 2 should have been, "So, what do you do for a living, Mr. Lynch?" (Right after Question 1, "What brings you to Culver City?") I understand, but do not believe, that Lynch may not have answered the questions. It's become normal for PDs across the country to publicize celebrity arrests before any determination of whether prosecution is proper, unfortunately, and I think it's no accident that this arrest was buried. But it was nice of Mr. Graham to post.

Has it occurred to anyone that the reason the Culver City police didn't publicize this* was because someone there realized that there might not have been any good reason for the search to begin with? Has it occurred to anyone that the same PD may have charged everyone in the car with "possession" of the same weapon, which was in the trunk?

More importantly, and I direct this to the Americans on this board, which should be the majority (non-Americans, you may well have a very different standard where you live), what the hell happened to the God-given right of reasonable freedom from police intrusion? Has anyone given any decent explanation for why this car was pulled over? What happened to the gun nuts (I did see a very well-articulated comment earlier in the thread about how gun freedom is protected if you're white) who should be screaming about Lynch's right to bear arms? What happened to the presumption of innocence? Some of the comments I've read suggest that there's a fair amount of self-examination due for some of our so-called "patriots" on this board.

The absolute worst came from a poster who suggested that Lynch "was trouble" the moment he was drafted. The press on Lynch after the draft was all about how he bought a suburban WNY house for his mother and brother, to get them out of the rougher area in which he grew up, and to keep them close to him. He was lauded for his family commitment and his desire to see his little brother succeed. There was no mention of any trouble when Lynch was drafted, and of course, when I challenged said poster to come forward with something, anything, well, there was nothing.

A lot of what I'm reading early this morning (on Presidents' Day, of course) is bigoted or ignorant at best, anti-American at worst, and completely not helpful at all. Despite what Lynch did last year on Chippewa Street (and I believe that he did what he is purported to have done), there's no reason to some of what I've read here. Even if the facts eventually prove those posters to be correct, there's no reason to those posts, at this point.

* I saw Tim Graham's earlier comment on this board, and in this thread, about how the media wouldn't necessarily have picked up on this quickly, because they may not have known that the man arrested was an NFL player, because, in turn, the police may not have known. With due respect, I think that's unlikely. At the station, Question 2 should have been, "So, what do you do for a living, Mr. Lynch?" (Right after Question 1, "What brings you to Culver City?") I understand, but do not believe, that Lynch may not have answered the questions. It's become normal for PDs across the country to publicize celebrity arrests before any determination of whether prosecution is proper, unfortunately, and I think it's no accident that this arrest was buried. But it was nice of Mr. Graham to post.

Nice melt.

anyone see the episode of Real Sports on HBO where they talked about NFl players and guns?...most players carry guns now to protect themselves...a lot are scared about what happened to the players who were killed, shotup , lost limbs, and assaulted in just the past year...add to the fact that most grew up in really bad areas and still have family that live in those areas...its easy to say "dont go there" when they now have money and can move there parents and siblings to wherever, but you cant expect them to move there whole families everywhere they go...at some point if these players want to see there families, they are going to have to go back to where they grew up...as for not haveing a permit for the guns, thats just stupid, but I dont know Lynch's history and something might have happened that would not alow him to have a permit...I assume a lot of the NFL players have some kind of a "checkered past"...so there are probably a lot of players carrying without permits...I suggest finding the episode from Real Sports and watching it...its very insightful on how some of these players feel about guns....personally I dont think much will happen to Lynch about this...those of you who think Buffalo will cut him for it are just loopy...carrying a gun in the NFL is just a common thing now...as one player stated in Real Sports..he says that people tell him that the team has security, yes, but they dont fallow him to his car in the parkinglots or to his home or to the resturaunt he eats at...outside of the stadium hes on his own in this world

Wow a young black football player from Oakland had a gun in his car?! Shocking, and la di freakin da. Can't wait to see Marshawn on opening day wooooo BEASTMODE!!!!

You may have to wait til game five for that. :w00t:

True. Burress got a long suspension...oh wait what? Burress wasn't suspended?

Linkage

TAMPA - Plaxico Burress is likely still facing an NFL suspension, but the commissioner is in no rush to judge him because this was the troubled receiver's first offense.

That's what Roger Goodell said Friday, in his first public comments on the Burress incident. Asked why the NFL hasn't punished Burress yet, even though it has been two months since the receiver shot himself in the thigh in a Manhattan nightclub and earned himself a suspension from the Giants, Goodell said he prefers to let players have their day in court, unless the player is a repeat offender.

"We're looking to deal with repeat offenders, and we may not wait for the legal process to conclude when we have repeat offenders," Goodell said. "You can have a false accusation once, maybe twice. When you start getting into multiple accusations, you're putting yourself in the wrong position, you're making the wrong decisions, you're in the wrong places. At that point in time, you're reflecting poorly on the NFL, yourself, your teammates. That does damage for all of us."

In addition to it being Burress' first offense the Giants suspended him for the last four games themselves. This is Marshawn's second offense. Unless it's proven to be much ado about nothing he has a good chance of waiting til game 5 to suit up.

anyone see the episode of Real Sports on HBO where they talked about NFl players and guns?...most players carry guns now to protect themselves...a lot are scared about what happened to the players who were killed, shotup , lost limbs, and assaulted in just the past year...add to the fact that most grew up in really bad areas and still have family that live in those areas...its easy to say "dont go there" when they now have money and can move there parents and siblings to wherever, but you cant expect them to move there whole families everywhere they go...at some point if these players want to see there families, they are going to have to go back to where they grew up...as for not haveing a permit for the guns, thats just stupid, but I dont know Lynch's history and something might have happened that would not alow him to have a permit...I assume a lot of the NFL players have some kind of a "checkered past"...so there are probably a lot of players carrying without permits...I suggest finding the episode from Real Sports and watching it...its very insightful on how some of these players feel about guns....personally I dont think much will happen to Lynch about this...those of you who think Buffalo will cut him for it are just loopy...carrying a gun in the NFL is just a common thing now...as one player stated in Real Sports..he says that people tell him that the team has security, yes, but they dont fallow him to his car in the parkinglots or to his home or to the resturaunt he eats at...outside of the stadium hes on his own in this world

Hiring body guards is a much smarter decision, JMO.

The 2nd amendment mandates that all citizens are allowed to keep and bear arms. This is not a crime. Just a crazy state government. My thoughts, prayers, and props are with Marshawn. Freeeeeeedooooommmm! :w00t:

The actual wording of the second amendment is right on point here since I am certain that Lynch's actions were part of his being in a well regulated militia.