It's Not It's Not A Rumor Anymore. Marshawn Has Been Arrested.

FluffHead

Could have been for any number of legitimate reasons --- traffic-related, non-functioning light, spot check, someone not wearing a seatbelt, among many others --- but could also unfortunately be DWB. 'Til it's known, probably shouldn't be speculating; and if that is the case, ML's lawyer will have his say. If the police asked to search and were given consent, that's admissible. If the weapon was in/came into view of the police during the stop, it's within their power to then request info about it, or make an arrest depending on the wording of concealment laws.

Regardless of any criminal outcome, what's done is done, and Goodell will likely be taking a look into it... and what with the incident last year, might now be more inclined to send a message.

You would think that if there was probable cause it would be in the press release. Such as: Officers stopped a Mercedes for... However, all it says is "came into contact with".

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall any of the Levy/Polian era guys getting into trouble with the law as much as recent Bills have.

If football character were the prevailing wisdom (of which I'm sure every team subscribes to) why in the heck was McCargo drafted.

This whole thing demonstrates that all teams take risks and ultimately bend their rules in the interest of acquiring talented football players.

That's because in today's world the media is 1000x bigger. Like flies on sh-t I tell you. I'm sure the Bills of old got into some trouble, it was just not as big of a deal like it is today.

There is a strong rumor going around about Marshawn Lynch being arrested.....

I can not find verification that this is true. The site given in another blog could be or could not be a hoax at this point in time. It is hard to say right now.

But it does smack of it being a hoax.....

Personally I believe it to be a hoax. NOTHING but nothing is being said on the Internet from a reputable source.

If this were true, all the media sports sites would be loaded with it. There is no mention of it anywhere.

This makes me think the whole thing is nothing more than a hoax...

If nothing comes out on the wires by tomorrow we will know it is a hoax for sure.

The incident supposedly happened last Wednesday...

I will not get all that excited till I know it really happened.

If it did however, the Bills are further up ***** creek then they already are with lack of talent....

Buffalo Bills' running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested for possession of a concealed firearm Wednesday night in Culver City, a neighboring city of Los Angeles. Lynch was released on a $35,000 bond and the District Attorney will now consider pressing charges. Here is the statement from the Culver City Police Department:

On Wednesday Evening, February 11 2009, Culver City Police Officers were patrolling the Fox Hills area of Culver City when they contacted three adult males seated in a 2006 Mercedes Benz. Upon contacting the occupants they learned one of the subjects was Buffalo Bills running back; Marshawn Lynch. A subsequent field investigation led to the discovery of a loaded firearm. The officers determined the gun belonged to Lynch and he was arrested for possession of a concealed firearm. Lynch was transported to CCPD booked and later released on bail. The case will be submitted to the District Attorney's Office for filing consideration.

The Howard Simon Show will cover this story starting at 6 Monday morning and will get the reaction of Buffalo News columnist Jerry Sullivan at 7 and our own Paul Hamilton at 8.

You would think that if there was probable cause it would be in the press release. Such as: Officers stopped a Mercedes for... However, all it says is "came into contact with".

You have an overly high opinion/expectation of press releases.

Just like you don't have to consent to a search, they don't have to release all information of their own initiative. Rest assured, more info will be trickling out.

Let's say that this was an illegal stop, and Lynch is able to get the gun suppressed and the charges dropped. Does this matter in terms of the NFL punishment? i.e., can Goodell still suspend him? I would think not, but I don't know if the NFL has a different standard.

While the NFL has a different standard, if Lynch gets it reduced to a misdemeanor or less, Goodell cannot suspend him for that. Then it opens up all misdemeanors to suspension.

Why don't you go & conduct your own little investigation. You like court tv so much, maybe they would be willing to give you lunch money. :wallbash:

Let's say that this was an illegal stop, and Lynch is able to get the gun suppressed and the charges dropped. Does this matter in terms of the NFL punishment? i.e., can Goodell still suspend him? I would think not, but I don't know if the NFL has a different standard.

Goodell doesn't need a conviction. The old way of the commissioner was to wait for a verdict. Goodell doesn't do that. Marshawn could still face suspension. The previous problem with his hit and run isn't going to help him.

LOL, thrown out. He's through.

There are legal reasons for suppressing evidence. Illegal search and seizure being one of them.

While the NFL has a different standard, if Lynch gets it reduced to a misdemeanor or less, Goodell cannot suspend him for that. Then it opens up all misdemeanors to suspension.

Go da hell can suspend him for working in his house shoes, if he really wants to be a prick.