It's Not It's Not A Rumor Anymore. Marshawn Has Been Arrested.

FluffHead

If this whole story is true, wouldn't it make sense for someone to have leaked this information to the press by now?

I'm not saying this is or isn't true. But when a big name athlete is arrested on a felony, that sort of thing gets to the proper channels fast.

Anyone who says this is official needs to calm down and wait. Something today's society is in short supply of.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the website is officially that you're all searching...but unauthorized background checks (someone other than yourself or someone you don't have consent from [i.e. your future employee]) are actually illegal if the information is misused (example, posting it on the internet...). I know this for a fact, and I think the fine is punishable up to 10,000 dollars, but perhaps the website you're using isn't official, or it can't track your ip address, or there are just too many abusers. But I do know, that if I were you, I would not utilize that search. At all.

If this whole story is true, wouldn't it make sense for someone to have leaked this information to the press by now?

I'm not saying this is or isn't true. But when a big name athlete is arrested on a felony, that sort of thing gets to the proper channels fast.

Anyone who says this is official needs to calm down and wait. Something today's society is in short supply of.

I would agree .. too much time has passed for nothing official in the press or from the league to have come out yet.

I don't know what the website is officially that you're all searching...but unauthorized background checks (someone other than yourself or someone you don't have consent from [i.e. your future employee]) are actually illegal if the information is misused (example, posting it on the internet...). I know this for a fact, and I think the fine is punishable up to 10,000 dollars, but perhaps the website you're using isn't official, or it can't track your ip address, or there are just too many abusers. But I do know, that if I were you, I would not utilize that search. At all.

Thanks Matlock....just saw on PFT that it's 11 felony charges, awesome.

Thanks Matlock....just saw on PFT that it's 11 felony charges, awesome.

Like I said, I don't know what site you're using... If it's some official county court website, you could be fine, I don't know what you're using. It probably doesn't qualify for a background check, which if misused, is illegal. I think I misunderstood what website you were all using...

There is nothing illegal about looking at a public record, and there is nothing illegal about disseminating information contained in a public record.

Like everyone else here, I'm curious as to whether this is true or a prank (maybe the sheriff's dept. was training a new employee on how to use the online system & the employee hates the Bears or something--this news did first "break" on a Cal Bears message board, right?); I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be a different individual with the same name.

I personally don't think it's him at all. The media would have been all over it. Plus, the arrest was made in Culver City. It's not in Marshawn's stomping grounds. He is from Oakland.

It's just not likely to be him given the lack of media attention. Stuff like this usually explodes across the internet with every news agency trying to be the first to grab the attention.