OK..What did everyone get?

Buffan00

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cold morning at work trying to start a diesel generator/compressor (bubbler) because they lazy ass before me thought he could take Christmas Eve off and not exercise them in 10 degree weather. Nothing a battery charger and some ether couldn't fix, it was still a pain in the butt... On the bright side, it is almost gonna be 50 by Sunday, everything coated with ice will melt and cause flooding over the frozen ground... At least I will be wearing a t-shirt!

:lol:

Tuesday, got a pink slip from my job of 7 years and 7 months :lol: Whatta you do? My kids had a great Christmas and I got an X-Box 360 from my wife along with Madden '09. Finally I can have hope in the Bills :wallbash:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!

Tuesday, got a pink slip from my job of 7 years and 7 months :lol: Whatta you do? My kids had a great Christmas and I got an X-Box 360 from my wife along with Madden '09. Finally I can have hope in the Bills :wallbash:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!

That sucks man. The timing is brutal. Cheer up though I'm sure you'll land on your feet.

i got a garmin nuvi 265wt. so far, the web update program runs very well! other than that, I haven't taken it outside yet to actually use it. Also, I got some very wild dress shirts. I dress business casual at work and I just love t he shirts that literally scream at you, so i got some very bright red, blue, and a few normally colored shirts. All monogrammed, of course! I got a Jim Kelly jersey, but I got it last week from my wife before we left for Buffalo. Today my sister arrived, along with "santa", and santa brings one big gift certificate to the stocking. My dad has been dropping hints about an hdtv, so we shall see.

One of the things I got was the Mr. Beer home brewing kit. Here's a youtube link. I got the ingredients to make several different styles of beer. I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried this and what you thought of the results. I'm partial to amber/brown ales.

Many a homebrewer started with a Mr. Beer kit, it teaches you the absolute basics of homebrewing. If you end up enjoying the process and the results you will likely catch the homebrewing bug and step up to more advanced homebrewing kits very quickly. Enjoy!

Two pairs of sorely needed boots...one pair of dress boots, one pair of everyday boots.

Several DVDs, including FNL Season 2, Jericho Season 2, and three seasons' worth of The Simpsons in their prime.

Cold Hard Cash. :lol:

The MST3K 20th Anniversary Boxset.

Chicago boxset (the band, not the musical)

Assorted clothing, and a much-needed clothes brush.

Wow. GPS's seem like the gift this season. I didn't get one though. As a family, we got a 52" Samsung LCD with Samsung Blue Ray and Onkyo 7.1 Surround. Very nice. Personally, from sis in law, I got a beautiful white Seteguchi #16 White Sharks Reebok jersey. Also very nice. Lots of Blue Ray dvds as well.

I'm really perplexed by the whole GPS phenomenon... Do people really need GPS guidance to get to work and the mall? I'm sure for those that travel it is helpful. but most people I see with them running are doing routine errands. Is it so easy to get lost on the way home from Wegmans?

I'm really perplexed by the whole GPS phenomenon... Do people really need GPS guidance to get to work and the mall? I'm sure for those that travel it is helpful. but most people I see with them running are doing routine errands. Is it so easy to get lost on the way home from Wegmans?

I think it's the whole electronic-gadget thing. My brother got a Tom-Tom. I said I don't need one, and it's true. If I've been there once, I can find it. I love maps and use Google maps all the time, so I see no need to purchase a GPS.

my best gift, as it has been for the past 17 christmases, is seeing my kids have fun opening gifts, sounds corny, but its true, I never want anything, i would rather the kids get it all. that said, they got a wii, a guitar, a bevy of wwe paraphenalia, an itouch, and some games....the new tv comes next month....

Holy crap, i didnt see your post when i posted mine, eerily similar, we both even used "corny"

i got to watch my kids open all thier stuff with big smiles on their faces and excitement in the air..........

for me, thats the best gift.

it might sound corny to others, but i dont care

my best gift, as it has been for the past 17 christmases, is seeing my kids have fun opening gifts, sounds corny, but its true, I never want anything, i would rather the kids get it all. that said, they got a wii, a guitar, a bevy of wwe paraphenalia, an itouch, and some games....the new tv comes next month....

Pooj any advice on surround sound??

i got to watch my kids open all thier stuff with big smiles on their faces and excitement in the air..........

for me, thats the best gift.

it might sound corny to others, but i dont care

Exactly... But, I didn't even get to see that this year (they were sleeping when I went to work)... I did get my wife a new digital camera... The one we have was from 2001, very nice Olympus and works great... But, the thing is the size of a tank so I bought here the 850 SW (waterproof/shock/freezeproof). I was going to go for the 10 megapixel, but at that small a lens I thought it was overkill for 100 bucks more and crushproof capability...?? I don't know what is worse, having something big or small?... The new cams are nice... The buttons are getting so small though!

Now the off post topic to all the camera gurus out there is: Will you notice a difference between 2.1 to 8.0 megapixels even if you only print 4x6 and don't zoom to crop? I do understand that the higher the megapixel, the bigger you can make the print. Will she notice the difference in 4x6 and 5x7 (most likely)?

I would have really have liked to hold out and got a Pentax digital SLR since my old film SLR is Pentax and all the new cameras are backwards compatible (not all the features) with the old lens... But, that would have broke the bank for hundreds more. Who says "size" matters? :lol:

Got some nice stuff, including a badly-needed new desk chair and my Bonnies season tickets. But the best gift I received? A scrapbook with a bunch of newspaper clippings taped inside. Yeah, unbeknown to me, my mom has been saving everything with my byline on it since I started at the paper in July.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that Best American Sports Writing it ain't. (Please understand that I'm insulting my own halting attempts at wordsmithery here, not her scrapbooking talent. I wouldn't mind having a second chance at a few of those pieces ...) But when you see your name on a story, yeah, it's a cool feeling. So when I think about the time and effort -- and love -- she put into doing this for me, "It's the thought that counts" couldn't be any more of an understatement.

Love you, Mom.

The second-best gift? The smile on her face as she snuggled with her first grandchild (my nephew), on his first Christmas.