Trent Edwards Injured...

Patience

A serious contusion can take months to heal um ya so this isnt something to laugh about guys.....Please be ready for opening day Trent!

Yeah, if your name is Rob Johnson. <_<

It sucks that this happened now because preseason game 3 is usually where the starting QB gets the most work, then just a token appearance in game 4, but TE will be ready for Seattle.

19 & 0 baby!!!!! :unsure:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Pozluszny!!!!!! :(

A little food for thought.... If Trent misses this week's preseason game, does he start for the fist half of the 4th game? On one hand, it'd be good for him to have the time with the starting offense. On the other, starters historically play very little of the 4th preseason game.

A little food for thought.... If Trent misses this week's preseason game, does he start for the fist half of the 4th game? On one hand, it'd be good for him to have the time with the starting offense. On the other, starters historically play very little of the 4th preseason game.

He should play the entire first quarter if he can go.

He needs to play. Hopefully he can go this week, otherwise you would think the coaches would want to give him work in game 4. Based on how the Bills as a team have started each of the past 2 seasons, I would hope the coaches this year would throw the conventional wisdom of little playing time for starters in game 4 out the window. They all need to play to be ready for the opener. A lot of young or newer players on this team. Let 'em play!

Based on how the Bills as a team have started each of the past 2 seasons, I would hope the coaches this year would throw the conventional wisdom of little playing time for starters in game 4 out the window. They all need to play to be ready for the opener.

You do not want to walk into your first game already sore and beat up from last week. I'm guessing the Bills will wisely stick with conventional wisdom.

I was at tonights practice and I was a former big supporter of JP and I say he didn't look nearly as good as TE tonight while he was on the field.

"Naturally with Edwards leaving practice early J.P. Losman took all the first team reps with the starters on offense. Losman took a series or two to adjust as the plays Edwards was to run in practice were different from those chosen for Losman.

So stepping in for Edwards in the practice setting didn’t quite resemble a game situation."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6409

Relax people.

I had a thigh contusion once, and I returned to work the next day.

Now, in fairness, I wasn't a professional athlete, I delivered Pizzas......and it wasn't the next day, it was a couple days later, and it wasn't a thigh contusion, it was a stomach virus.....but still......no worries.

Chicken Little Chicken Little runand hide the shy is falling.

It's a bruise people ....

Clark Judge report

People here tell me the biggest offseason addition for the Buffalo Bills was defensive tackle Marcus Stroud, but unless we're talking actual size -- and Stroud is 6-feet-6, 310 pounds -- I'm not joining the chorus.

Instead, I'll vote for Turk Schonert.

He's the team's new offensive coordinator and a reason to believe that maybe, just maybe, Buffalo enters the 21st century on offense. A year ago the Bills ranked 30th and were downright boring when they had the ball.

Make that passive, predictable and unproductive. Or P-P-U.

Schonert might change all that, and you can only hope if you're a Bills fan or Trent Edwards. Edwards is the team's starting quarterback, and look for him to be given more responsibility under Schonert -- including checking out of plays at the line of scrimmage.

In the past, that wasn't possible. If Edwards or J.P. Losman saw something he didn't like, he didn't have the option of calling an audible. He had to run the play, which might explain some bizarre events last season.

I remember the Dallas game, when the Bills held a 24-16 lead and had third-and-8 at the Dallas 11 with just over six minutes left. They had a sure field goal if they did nothing, but they threw the ball -- which is OK if you're throwing to the end zone, but this was a pass to the flat.

And it was intercepted. Stupid.

Two weeks later, they're ahead of Baltimore by 12 points, and the Ravens' offense was stuck in neutral. The game belonged to Buffalo, provided the Bills didn't go dumb on us again -- which, of course, they did, throwing another flat pass on third-and-10 from their 8.

It, too, was intercepted, and led to a touchdown that put the Ravens back in a ballgame they deserved to lose. Unbelievable, and don't get me started.

THANK GOD Flatline Fairchild is GONE!!!

i Played safety and reciver with a very similr injury to Trent my entire junior year. It was uncomfortable but once i was moving the adreneline made me forget the pain. Take a few days off and he'll be fine

Were you born in whine country and were you a glove wearing Mary? Sometimes that stuff can make "injuries" take longer to "heal".

This guy makes Jonas Jennings look like Cal Ripken.

"We'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow holds for it so I'll wait until the morning," coach Dick Jauron said. "Sometimes they come back very quickly, and sometimes they don't. Sometimes it turns into a deep bleeding thing and we're hoping it's not that."

Lets hope it isn't the latter...

Hey jerkoff Los Gatos is on the edge of Silicon Valley, not NAPA.

lol

I was listening to Gil Brandt yesterday on Sirius and he was talking about Trent. He was one of the two highest rated qb's coming out of high school. I think he said the other was Vince Young. However, during his career at Stanford was marked by continuous injuries. He really liked him otherwise. It would suck if this was his m.o. during his stay here.

Paul Hamilton just called into WGR and said Trent just took the field for practice. He isn't fully participating and has a bit of a limp, but Hamilton said it doesn't look serious, probably just a nasty charlie horse.

Also said Schouman is out there walking around.

Sweet. Thanks for the update.

Doesn't completely jibe with what Chris Brown is saying:

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3878

Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 9:35 AM ET

EDWARDS NOT PARTICIPATING: Trent Edwards is not participating in practice after suffering a thigh bruise last night. He's watching from beneath the goal posts and is wearing sweatpants.

i Played safety and reciver with a very similr injury to Trent my entire junior year. It was uncomfortable but once i was moving the adreneline made me forget the pain. Take a few days off and he'll be fine

I played in the air force and had that injury early in the season. I gutted it out the remainder of the season and was in pain for months after. I played defensive end. If I had it to do over I'd have taken some time to get better. I imagine the Bills have enough sense (and a little time at this point in the preseason) to allow him to heal.

I'm a Tent follower, but he really needs to HTFU. There are players (RBs) who get the snot hit out of them on every play and they don't cry about every little bump and bruise.

Oh give me a break, that's ridiculous. To quote AI, "We're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice." And in practice, you do sit out with little bumps and bruises, so it's not an issue for game time!

So when the ball was in the air, if you caught it, was it a reception or an interception?? :rolleyes:

Another hit and run for Lynch...where does it end?

It's rumored he had no idea he ran into TE, but he's not talking to reporters about it. His lawyer has scheduled a press conference to follow the Indy game on Sunday.

It's rumored he had no idea he ran into TE, but he's not talking to reporters about it. His lawyer has scheduled a press conference to follow the Indy game on Sunday.

Actually, it's quite true that Marshawn rarely is stopped or goes down after the first hit. It usually takes 2-3. That's what makes him great. If his coaches had told him to just go down when he is hit, like, say, Anthony Thomas or Peerless Price, he probably would have stopped for the girl.

Actually, it's quite true that Marshawn rarely is stopped or goes down after the first hit. It usually takes 2-3. That's what makes him great. If his coaches had told him to just go down when he is hit, like, say, Anthony Thomas or Peerless Price, he probably would have stopped for the girl.

I always figured it was the coaching that caused the decline in A Train's production. Probably tools around in a little American car on top of it.

lol

I was listening to Gil Brandt yesterday on Sirius and he was talking about Trent. He was one of the two highest rated qb's coming out of high school. I think he said the other was Vince Young. However, during his career at Stanford was marked by continuous injuries. He really liked him otherwise. It would suck if this was his m.o. during his stay here.

Edwards had NO O-line in college. He was on his back more than Cher and Madonna combined. He put on an extra 15 pounds in the offseason so hopefully that will help too.

Chinese Carryout? :rolleyes:

:lol:

Doesn't completely jibe with what Chris Brown is saying:

I haven't seen anything about him practicing today either. WGR gets it wrong again. :wallbash:

<_<

Relax people.

I had a thigh contusion once, and I returned to work the next day.

Now, in fairness, I wasn't a professional athlete, I delivered Pizzas......and it wasn't the next day, it was a couple days later, and it wasn't a thigh contusion, it was a stomach virus.....but still......no worries.

Post of the day!