Well, this was a good trade...

On the plus side, you haven't heard about him failing to execute a left hand turn down by the Harbor and hitting a pedestrian at 3 AM. He's got some skill.

Not that hard to do when you limit your free time to eating at Dave & Buster's, staying in to play Madden, and finding a new baby momma.

Addition by subtraction. Just the fact that McStupid is off the roster is more than enough for me.

BTW, what ever happened to that 49er fan who was around here last year trying to claim what a god McGahee is?

On the plus side, you haven't heard about him failing to execute a left hand turn down by the Harbor and hitting a pedestrian at 3 AM. He's got some skill.

Willis hasn't been able to deliver a good stiff-arm since his 2nd season. ;)

Million dollar athlete, nickle's worth of gray matter.

A nickel would be way over paying.

;)

So, how'd it work? McGahee for Stroud and Edwards?

:lol:

Addition by subtraction. Just the fact that McStupid is off the roster is more than enough for me.

BTW, what ever happened to that 49er fan who was around here last year trying to claim what a god McGahee is?

:unsure:

Willis hasn't been able to deliver a good stiff-arm since his 2nd season. B-)

With the number of kids he has he's obviously been able to deliver a good stiffy.

My favorite parts of the article:

A Pro Bowl alternate for the AFC squad last season, he also appeared to be confused about the playbook and frequently consulted teammates for advice.

McGahee acknowledged that he needs to get in better shape and shed some rust.

"It could get better," said McGahee, who fumbled just four times last year. "That's what training camp is for. Anybody can run around out there without pads on, but when you put those pads on, it's a totally different story.

"I had a fumbled exchange with the quarterback, and I had a fumble. I know I'm rusty. I know I'm not going to come to training camp and be on point. That's hard, and I've got to work to that level."

Note to sWillis. That's what training camp used to be about. Now players are expected to keep themselves in shape all offseason. It's not like they can't afford to do so. Also if you want to win then you need to be there in the offseason learning the playbook!! You didn't know last years playbook and this is a new playbook Get an effing clue.

The issue of whether McGahee is totally committed to being in outstanding shape has been raised a few times since he signed a $40 million contract with Baltimore after being acquired last year from the Buffalo Bills.

Although McGahee finished fourth in the AFC in rushing last season with 1,207 yards and seven touchdowns during his first season in Baltimore, he occasionally asked out of games whenever he got tired. Following a 46-yard touchdown run against the Bills, McGahee required intravenous fluids to boost his energy. :blink:

"The goal for me is to stay on the field, I didn't stay on the field as much last year," McGahee said. "I was coming out on third downs, but that's last year. This is a whole new year, and my goal is to finish the long runs and get touchdowns."

During a May minicamp, Harbaugh noted that McGahee needed to get into "football shape."

Finish the long runs!!!!! <_<

God I'm glad he's long gone. Is there anybody out there who still thinks this was a stupid trade?

"I get a new playbook every year, so it's something I'm used to," McGahee said. "This is the first offensive coordinator I've had that uses the tailback this much."

Following a controversial stint in Buffalo, McGahee is aware that he is often viewed as a polarizing figure.

"That's life," he said. "If I'm not out on the field tomorrow, then something's wrong with me: 'McGahee is out of shape.' Everybody has their own opinion."

:lol: :lol:

When asked if McGahee understands what the coaches are demanding of him, Montgomery replied: "Not yet, not yet. He's a veteran guy, so the idea is you have to keep telling it to him and hoping he will buy into it. Once he buys into and he sees before training camp ends, hopefully, he'll be where we want him to be."

While McGahee has the skills, it remains a question mark whether he has the requisite stamina.

"Willis is a good fit, and he's got to realize that in this scheme that running backs are like thoroughbreds, they're like horses," Montgomery said. "They've got to be on the field all the time. You have to be in great shape in this offense.

Willis or Marshawn? Tough one......... NOT!!

So, how'd it work? McGahee for Stroud and Edwards?

Close enough.

Wikipedia 2008 Draft entry:

The Baltimore Ravens traded their third-round selection in 2008 to the Buffalo Bills, as well as the 92nd and 239th overall selections in 2007 (used to select Trent Edwards and C. J. Ah You, respectively) in exchange for Willis McGahee.

We traded the Ravens' 3rd this year, along with a spare 5th previously acquired from Chicago, to Jax for Stroud.

Not a bad deal based on things so far, I'd say.

Close enough.

Wikipedia 2008 Draft entry:

We traded the Ravens' 3rd this year, along with a spare 5th previously acquired from Chicago, to Jax for Stroud.

Not a bad deal based on things so far, I'd say.

Which we got for Darwin Walker, who we traded Holcomb and Takeo for.

So really, we got rid out Holcomb, Takeo, and McBadknee for Stroud and Edwards.

Since Holcomb and McBadknee weren't welcome presences here. the trade really goes Takeo for Stroud and Edwards ;)

Fumbles on first carry of TC, appears confused, one of last players to arrive at camp...glad he's moved on

I am by no means a fan of McGahee's but its the first weekend of camp which means absolutely nothing

didnt he fumble on the first carry of camp last year too?

The trouble with the Bills front ofice is they can't keep their superstar talent like Willis McGahee. Liek Krazykat says, a lack of continuity.

PTR

:unsure:

But if you ask Willis, he's the best back in the league ;) ................................................................... <_<

When he ruined his knee in college he worked really hard to come back because there was a lot of money on the line. Then he thinks he deserves an outrageous contract after doing little to justify it and after he gets the contract he goldbricks and you're right he probably would tell you he's the best back in the league.

I am by no means a fan of McGahee's but its the first weekend of camp which means absolutely nothing

I was going to bring up the same point.....he fumbled on the first carry last year as well. Kinda strange, but then again....so is Willis.

I still say he could be a great back if he actually cared. But, I don't think he ever will. I'd take Lynch every day of the week and wouldn't have to think about it........

Since Holcomb and McBadknee weren't welcome presences here. the trade really goes Takeo for Stroud and Edwards ;)

Huh, I've never seen the big picture spelled out like that. Pretty sweet. Still wishin the best for Takeo.

Yes, he did.

Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence.

And I don't believe in coincidence.

I was going to bring up the same point.....he fumbled on the first carry last year as well. Kinda strange, but then again....so is Willis.

You know what's really odd? You remember that. Max remembers it. I remember. I'm sure a bunch of other Bills fans remember it. Probably a crapload of Ravens fans remember it. You figure Willis would come in this year and say to himself "Hey, I fumbled on the first snap of camp last year. I should make sure I don't do that again this year."

So what does he do? Fumble the first one, and another after that because...get this...he mishandled the handoff from the QB. !@#$ing egomaniacal idiot. Darin had him pegged at the first, and he's been right ever since.

(But I think we all know, Losman was the reason for all those fumbles. The QB is completely responsible for all wins and losses. McGahee was simply misunderstood.)

Don't forget that we used that extra third to trade up and get POZ.

Huh, I've never seen the big picture spelled out like that. Pretty sweet. Still wishin the best for Takeo.

Perhaps I should add it to my sig. I have been using it to bash on McGahee, any Philly fan I talk to, any Ravens fan I talk to, anybody who was bashing our FO for doing the Spikes and/or Mcbaby deals, ESPN, especially Chris Mortensen, and pretty much everybody else who was being a jerk about what Marv did/set up while he was here, ever since the Stroud trade. I would have taken Poz for McGahee, but we got so much more.

It's simple really:

McGahee(lazy, out of shape, doesn't know the playbook), Spikes(cut), Holcomb(retired)

for(in order)

POZ(pro-bowler soon), Stroud(there's hardly any injury doubt left) and getting to draft Edwards in our original draft spot in the third last year, and getting to draft Ellis in our spot this year. Oh yeah, and we got rid of Holcomb for Ah You=so what. Both sucked.

Essentially we robbed the Ravens, Eagles and Bears blind, dumped our crap and got pro-bowl talent in return, and Marv and the rest of the FO set the whole thing up.

Last week I got to thank my Raven's fan cousin for taking McGahee off our hands. He didn't want him to begin with. The fun today was I got to thank another cousin's husband (eagles fan)for the 5th round pick that sealed Stroud, and got to ask him how Spikes was doing. <_< His only comeback is Briere...which of course still sucks. ;)

Whatever happened to C.J. Ah You? I forgot all about him.

He was cut somewhere near the end of training camp last year. Possibly the last cut. Nothing over which to raise eyebrows except for one small facet of the story. I think - THINK - that he represented the first time in 2 (?) or 3 (?) years in which the Bills actually had the luxury of cutting a draft pick. I don't have the patience to dig this up, so take it with a grain of salt (the size of your head). But I remember thinking it at the time. In other words....the Front Office had finally rebuilt things to the point where we didn't need every breathing body from our draft. (In retrospect, however, the Bills could possibly have used Ah You with all the injuries experienced last year, but 2007 was an exceptionally bad year in that regard).

I suppose a TRUE measure of the F.O.s ability to clean up the personnel mess would be if they had the luxury of cutting a 4th or 5th round draft pick. Who was that kid out of OSU...the running back that signed with the Broncos a couple of years ago, showed up fat and stupid, and then ended up busted on a gun charge at a night club?

wtf.. does no one else feel deja vu????

Yes, but since last year's McGahee-stinks posts were lost in the crash, we probably have room for a new set.

Last week I got to thank my Raven's fan cousin for taking McGahee off our hands. He didn't want him to begin with. The fun today was I got to thank another cousin's husband (eagles fan)for the 5th round pick that sealed Stroud, and got to ask him how Spikes was doing. :unsure: His only comeback is Briere...which of course still sucks. <_<

Briere play football now? No? Then feel free to tell the Iggles fan that nobody gives a ;) .

B-)

I suppose a TRUE measure of the F.O.s ability to clean up the personnel mess would be if they had the luxury of cutting a 4th or 5th round draft pick. Who was that kid out of OSU...the running back that signed with the Broncos a couple of years ago, showed up fat and stupid, and then ended up busted on a gun charge at a night club?

Maurice Clarett

The very definition of 'Million-dollar talent, 1 cent brain (only b/c they stopped issuing the half-cent).'

i totally understand the willis hate, but between travis, him and lynch the bills have had some shockingly good talent at RB.

i really wish we still had henry. he and lynch together rushing about 300 times a season would be monstrous.

Perhaps I should add it to my sig. I have been using it to bash on McGahee, any Philly fan I talk to, any Ravens fan I talk to, anybody who was bashing our FO for doing the Spikes and/or Mcbaby deals, ESPN, especially Chris Mortensen, and pretty much everybody else who was being a jerk about what Marv did/set up while he was here, ever since the Stroud trade. I would have taken Poz for McGahee, but we got so much more.

It's simple really:

McGahee(lazy, out of shape, doesn't know the playbook), Spikes(cut), Holcomb(retired)

for(in order)

POZ(pro-bowler soon), Stroud(there's hardly any injury doubt left) and getting to draft Edwards in our original draft spot in the third last year, and getting to draft Ellis in our spot this year. Oh yeah, and we got rid of Holcomb for Ah You=so what. Both sucked.

Essentially we robbed the Ravens, Eagles and Bears blind, dumped our crap and got pro-bowl talent in return, and Marv and the rest of the FO set the whole thing up.

Last week I got to thank my Raven's fan cousin for taking McGahee off our hands. He didn't want him to begin with. The fun today was I got to thank another cousin's husband (eagles fan)for the 5th round pick that sealed Stroud, and got to ask him how Spikes was doing. <_< His only comeback is Briere...which of course still sucks. ;)

:unsure: That's awesome, the Bills really fleeced those idiots. And like Lori said, tell you're cousin's husband not to change the freakin topic!

i really wish we still had henry. he and lynch together rushing about 300 times a season would be monstrous.

;)

Henry's playing days are probably over, and NOT due to his on-field talent.

Is Darwin Walker still on the Bears?

You know his name. Even a friggin' Wiki search will tell you. It takes all of two seconds to highlight the name, right-click and scroll down to "Search Google for 'Darwin Walker'" and open the first link. I'm not going to tell you if he's still with the Bears. I want to make you show a modicum of effort.

Jesus Christ on a stick! Stop trying to get other people to do your work for you!

You know his name. Even a friggin' Wiki search will tell you. It takes all of two seconds to highlight the name, right-click and scroll down to "Search Google for 'Darwin Walker'" and open the first link. I'm not going to tell you if he's still with the Bears. I want to make you show a modicum of effort.

Jesus Christ on a stick! Stop trying to get other people to do your work for you!

no need to get that bent out of shape...

Walker plays for the panthers now

no need to get that bent out of shape...

Walker plays for the panthers now

This is carry-over from the PPP board. Three pages of him asking Darin to provide him with the links to Darin's previous posts re: global warming, and that if he didn't, it meant that he lost the argument. I wish I could get other people to fall all over themselves to do my work for me as well as elegant elliot, but unfortunately, I don't live in a dream world.

And, now that I see what vile concoction you've brewed in that link, I'll add a hearty Thank You. :lol:

Since Holcomb and McBadknee weren't welcome presences here. the trade really goes Takeo for Stroud and Edwards :lol:

It was a fantastic deal for the Bills, and a great move by yes....Levy and Jauron.

To be honest, those guys did have a mess to clean up. MaGahee never should have been on this team to begin with. Henry has to be replaced no doubt; he was a ticking time bomb of substance abuse, criminal behavior and flat out stupidity. Still, TD skipped right past Steinbach to draft Willis, and had to wait well over a full season fro him to ever take the field.

I would take either Trent or Stroud for Willis, let alone both.

It was a fantastic deal for the Bills, and a great move by yes....Levy and Jauron.

To be honest, those guys did have a mess to clean up. MaGahee never should have been on this team to begin with. Henry has to be replaced no doubt; he was a ticking time bomb of substance abuse, criminal behavior and flat out stupidity. Still, TD skipped right past Steinbach to draft Willis, and had to wait well over a full season fro him to ever take the field.

I would take either Trent or Stroud for Willis, let alone both.

I am still amazed how much praise Donahoe received for drafting McGahee. It is so important now that your No.1 contribute something right away. We had so many other needs and he just ignored him. One of the many reasons TD was not re-signed.

I am still amazed how much praise Donahoe received for drafting McGahee. It is so important now that your No.1 contribute something right away. We had so many other needs and he just ignored him. One of the many reasons TD was not re-signed.

TD was the Son of Satan & he drank babies blood! :ph34r::lol::ph34r: