Peters may be willing to sit all season

scribo

This week will be a big test for the young guy. The fines are really going to start adding up. I believe they will top $100,000 by mid-week.

I wonder if players make it a stipulation in negotiations that the already incurred fines be waived?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week will be a big test for the young guy. The fines are really going to start adding up. I believe they will top $100,000 by mid-week.

I wonder if players make it a stipulation in negotiations that the already incurred fines be waived?

unfortunately teams often waive fines once a player reports.......i hope that is not the case here and the bills send a message to the rest of the team that they do not condone this kind of behavior

Yes, I believe that concession by the team is pretty standard -- and therefore one of the reasons players aren't very concerned about the fines.

If Peters holds out during the regular season he's the dumbest man on the planet. History has shown that Bills players that embrace the team concept and show up in the off-season get rewarded for it. Learn from that lesson.

You mean like the history of how the Bills took care of Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Nate Clements and now Lee Evans???? :lol: What world do you guys live in that you believe in the PR garbage that comes from One Bills Drive?

There's a reason the Bills never win anymore. They know that they can pull the wool over the fans eyes and get away with it. That fans will believe anything they tell them. They even got fans to believe that Dick Jauron is the next Marv Levy! Peters is the smartest man in the whole organization. Lee Evans may be the dumbest man for believing the crap that he'll get rewarded by this poorly run franchise which rewards the nobodies and let's their best players hit the road.

You mean like the history of how the Bills took care of Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Nate Clements and now Lee Evans???? :lol: What world do you guys live in that you believe in the PR garbage that comes from One Bills Drive?

There's a reason the Bills never win anymore. They know that they can pull the wool over the fans eyes and get away with it. That fans will believe anything they tell them. They even got fans to believe that Dick Jauron is the next Marv Levy! Peters is the smartest man in the whole organization. Lee Evans may be the dumbest man for believing the crap that he'll get rewarded by this poorly run franchise which rewards the nobodies and let's their best players hit the road.

Go ahead and continue to spout your hatred for the team's front office as long as you're ready to eat your hat when they sign Evans to a new contract before August is over. Yes, I am ready to eat my hat if that doesn't happen.

Further, keep in mind they didn't give Schobel his contract extension until late August -- the 24th, I believe.

As for Winfield and Williams, it was TD's team then and they were in some cap trouble. As for Nate, he wanted to be a free agent because he correctly guessed he could get an insane amount of money for some team with stupid people running it. We are all much, much better off having not paid Nate what the 49ers gave him.

Lastly, what did you mean by "very white" when you wrote that about Schobel last week?

Go ahead and continue to spout your hatred for the team's front office as long as you're ready to eat your hat when they sign Evans to a new contract before August is over. Yes, I am ready to eat my hat if that doesn't happen.

Further, keep in mind they didn't give Schobel his contract extension until late August -- the 24th, I believe.

As for Winfield and Williams, it was TD's team then and they were in some cap trouble. As for Nate, he wanted to be a free agent because he correctly guessed he could get an insane amount of money for some team with stupid people running it. We are all much, much better off having not paid Nate what the 49ers gave him.

Lastly, what did you mean by "very white" when you wrote that about Schobel last week?

Do you work for the Bills?

I was pointing out that Schobel is white and Peters is black and that I am becoming suspect on the Bills dealings with minority players. You obviously need things spelled out don't you. So you DO work for the Bills! :lol:

I was pointing out that Schobel is white and Peters is black and that I am becoming suspect on the Bills dealings with minority players. You obviously need things spelled out don't you. So you DO work for the Bills! :lol:

No, but I do follow the team closely and have for many years. Although you say you disagree with me, you haven't been able to dispute one fact I've stated. And in my opionion, you're the one -- not the Bills -- who seems to be hung up on the race of players.

Your claims of possible racism by the Bills were thoroughly debunked here last week. I asked the “very white” question today because you ignored it three times last week and because, to me, it leaves a lot of questions open as to where you come from ideologically.

Why do you continue to ignore the fact the Bills rewarded McGee, who was a Pro Bowler, with a new conract? Is it because that proves your repeated statements about the Bills not signing black players the same as they do white players? As I said, Schobel had to show up to camp before he got his. McGee's contract came in the October after is Pro Bowl year.

You also look right past the fact that the Bills have used its top draft pick on non-white players the last 16 times and running. the big trade this year? For a black guy. Damn raciststs.

Do you think that Trent is the starter because JP is 1/2 Mexican?

No, but I do follow the team closely and have for many years. Although you say you disagree with me, you haven't been able to dispute one fact I've stated. And in my opionion, you're the one -- not the Bills -- who seems to be hung up on the race of players.

Your claims of possible racism by the Bills were thoroughly debunked here last week. I asked the “very white” question today because you ignored it three times last week and because, to me, it leaves a lot of questions open as to where you come from ideologically.

Why do you continue to ignore the fact the Bills rewarded McGee, who was a Pro Bowler, with a new conract? Is it because that proves your repeated statements about the Bills not signing black players the same as they do white players? As I said, Schobel had to show up to camp before he got his. McGee's contract came in the October after is Pro Bowl year.

You also look right past the fact that the Bills have used its top draft pick on non-white players the last 16 times and running. the big trade this year? For a black guy. Damn raciststs.

Let me be clear here, I am talking about the minority star Buffalo Bills players who were drafted by the team, not the free agent players, and what happens to them when their original contracts come to an end.

In the cases with the minority players, the Bills appear to want to have it both ways, they want players to be loyal and play out their original contracts and they also want that player to be willing to give the Bills a break when it's renegotiation or contract talks time. The Bills always appear shocked when they wait too late to renegotiate a player that clearly has outperformed what he was making. They waited until it was too late with Winfield, Williams AND Clements. The first two were free agents and the last was a player that was looking to deal long before the CB position blew up in salary. This is a trend that has been going on for many years now. For some strange reason the Bills felt like those players owed them. They ALWAYS wait till it's too late when it comes to their BEST players.

Why is it that Evans STILL has not signed a renegotiated deal yet? Why did they pay big money to Kelsay who is clearly not even a starting calibre DE? Do you have an answer for this? Why did a mere hint of displeasure over his contract propel the Bills to quickly give the overrated Aaron Schobel a renegotiated big fat raise? McGee signed on the cheap, which makes my case not yours. As for the drafting of black players, rookie contracts are the big bargains for the NFL owners, or did you not know this?

Seriously think about the fact that Kelsay will earn about 5.7 million a year from this team. But with Lee Evans it becomes this long drawn out thing just like it was with Clements, who finally had had enough. Kelsay's making 5.7 a year and Peters, their best player who signed a RIGHT TACKLE type contract, becomes the best LT in the league and the Bills clearly have no interest in making things right.

I'm ceratianly sick of the race card when it's used as a convenient political tool, but this is different to me. Obviously you're not looking at things the same way I am, and that's fine. But I feel like this has been a trend that just doesn't seem to go away. Hopefully they sign Evans to a nice big fat contract and these fears can go away, but until then I will have some suspicions about this team as I pointed out above.

here's my solution.

IF Peters shows up before the first game in shape, THEN I will cut him some slack and forgive all.

IF Peters shows up before the first game out of shape, THEN I will call him a fat lazy arse and diss him until any damage that was done has been fixed.

IF Peters holds out into the season .... THEN I would DEMOTE his ass officially to backup!

Then he can demand all he wants for the next 3 YEARS!!!

I don't follow the Bills as close as I do my other favorite sports team (the Red Sox), but I will say this, I'm not so sure about decisions being made on the basis of race, but I do think poor decisions are made on the basis of character and how loyal a player is. Furhtermore, I don't think anyone on this message board could argue that the Bills have been a team full of good judgment since 1999.

I am amazed at the fan base of the Bills. On one hand, they are extremely loyal, honest, with higher standards for character than for performance (which is quite noble). As a rabid Sox fan and big time Bills fan it is funny to watch the difference between how the fans act. For better or worse, the Sox fans are very harsh on the front office and the players. However, I would argue the Sox fans are generally tougher on the manager and the front office than on the players ( Manny Ramirez is a perfect example). If a player performs poorly, he certainly hears it on the field, but on talk radio most of the blame falls on the manager for playing him or the GM for signing him.

Now with the Bills it is different. It is rarely the front office's fault, the coach is generally safe because Ralph Wilson doesn't open up his checkbook to provide the coach with the tools he needs and Wilson is also generally safe because of his loyal ties to Buffalo (despite the reality that he won't even sell the name rights on his self titled stadium to generate capital).

Players on the other hand are frequently thrown under the bus, especially the stars. If one asks for more money he is greedy (as if one can blame a pro bowler from doing so), if he has an off field incident our fans welcome criticism and even possible expulsion from the team, and if a player leaves for another team (w/o being traded) he is generally considered a benedict arnold and the FO is safe.

I just don't understand why more blame isn't placed on the front office. I think it is noble that we as Bill fans have high expectations of our players and it is certainly a characteristic more fans in the league should share. But when it boils down to it, the Bills need to win. The front office, from Wilson on down, has made a series of very poor moves since 1999. Money is part of it, but don't think for a second that a small market team in the NFL can't succeed.

Slowly its changing, Wilson finally realized that Toronto is a huge market, the Bills are finally considering re-signing some star talent before they hit FA, and they are taking changes on guys like Hardy and Lynch (supposed low-character guys that are extremely talented). But they still have a ways to go. Peters needs to be placated. Letting him sit out this season is not something the Bills can afford to do. They have momentum and losing a LT that dominates will set them back a lot more than people realize. The Patriots can afford to do things like this, that is why Samuel didn't sit out long, the Bills cannot.

I really hope the fans realize that Peters needs to be re-signed and he shouldnt be villified for being frustrated with the fact that the Bills awarded a bunch of underperforming stiffs instead of giving him a larger contract.

Post more often.

I really hope the fans realize that Peters needs to be re-signed and he shouldnt be villified for being frustrated with the fact that the Bills awarded a bunch of underperforming stiffs instead of giving him a larger contract.

Almost every NFL game is sold out. Peters' snit isn't going to change that.

Let me be clear here, I am talking about the minority star Buffalo Bills players who were drafted by the team, not the free agent players, and what happens to them when their original contracts come to an end.

In the cases with the minority players, the Bills appear to want to have it both ways, they want players to be loyal and play out their original contracts and they also want that player to be willing to give the Bills a break when it's renegotiation or contract talks time. The Bills always appear shocked when they wait too late to renegotiate a player that clearly has outperformed what he was making. They waited until it was too late with Winfield, Williams AND Clements. The first two were free agents and the last was a player that was looking to deal long before the CB position blew up in salary. This is a trend that has been going on for many years now. For some strange reason the Bills felt like those players owed them. They ALWAYS wait till it's too late when it comes to their BEST players.

Why is it that Evans STILL has not signed a renegotiated deal yet? Why did they pay big money to Kelsay who is clearly not even a starting calibre DE? Do you have an answer for this? Why did a mere hint of displeasure over his contract propel the Bills to quickly give the overrated Aaron Schobel a renegotiated big fat raise? McGee signed on the cheap, which makes my case not yours. As for the drafting of black players, rookie contracts are the big bargains for the NFL owners, or did you not know this?

Seriously think about the fact that Kelsay will earn about 5.7 million a year from this team. But with Lee Evans it becomes this long drawn out thing just like it was with Clements, who finally had had enough. Kelsay's making 5.7 a year and Peters, their best player who signed a RIGHT TACKLE type contract, becomes the best LT in the league and the Bills clearly have no interest in making things right.

I'm ceratianly sick of the race card when it's used as a convenient political tool, but this is different to me. Obviously you're not looking at things the same way I am, and that's fine. But I feel like this has been a trend that just doesn't seem to go away. Hopefully they sign Evans to a nice big fat contract and these fears can go away, but until then I will have some suspicions about this team as I pointed out above.

I could argue until I'm blue in the face with you, but the fact is you have your agenda and nothing is going to get in your way. You openly pretend to know what the Bills are thinking, what players are thinking, what is happening in closed-door contract talks, that you are a better judge of a player's ability than those who choose who go to the Pro Bowl. With your sources and insight, why hasn't ESPN, SI or at least the Buffalo News approached you yet?

You want to focusing on a small sliver of what the team does in a feeble attempt to continue this claim that the Bills are mistreating minorities , and then you even distort that sliver. You want to the throw out the fact that the team pays out millions and millions to non-white players, constantly paying high prices to bring in more and more.

I'm not going to argue against claims that past Buffalo regimes have let players go whom the team really needed, Pat Williams is still missed. But I will say I am glad the team didn't overspend to keep Nate.

I firmly believe the Bills' decisions have had nothing to do with race but rather cost-benefit analysis.

Terrence McGee says hi.

Real quick, I am not in any way going to get into an argument over the Bills race relations, but I do think your comment about the Bills making moves using cost-benefit analysis needs to be checked out. That might have been the strategy they were using, but in the end, other than letting Clements walk, when was the last good cost-benefit analysis move the Bills made? And don't say letting Willis go, or trading Takeo because Takeo was injured and Willis was drafted by the Bills in a poor display of cost-benefit analysis. JP Losman? Kelsay extension? Mike Williams? Whitner at #9? Butler extension? Williams extension?

The best 2 moves the Bills have made aside from letting Clements walk was when they traded for Stroud and drafted Hardy/Leodis. You can certainly argue points with me, this is fairly subjective on my part, but I would love to argue over the Bills practice of cost-benefit analysis.

My above posts have not been in defense of the Bills' judgment, rather I was disputing claims the Bills are basing their decisions on race, a preposterous claim, IMHO.

As for cost-benefit analysis, I think a big part of that has to start in the analysis of the player's worth. And I think the Bills badly misjudged Pat Williams' worth. As for those drafted, teams whiff big time every year in the draft -- either drafting a bust, someone too early or passing on a future Hall of Famer. To effectively make a cost-benefit analysis, one needs to know both the cost and benefit -- neither are clear in the NFL, so it is tricky and risky business.

Is racism the reason why the Bills' two highest profile white holdout draftees didn't sign with the team?

I made myself crystal clear GG...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...571&st=200#

My concerns about their dealings with minority players have nothing to do with rookie players. You guys can downplay it all you want, but why does a non-starting NFL talent like Kelsay (and please don't tell me he's starting material) sit here with a big fat contract, while star players like Clements, Williams and Winfield are playing for other teams? Why does a player like Lee Evans still not have a renegotiated contract? Something is seriously perplexing, wrong and unfair with the Bills dealings here.

Wow. This is one of the most inane displays of written diarrhea that I've seen on the board in a long time (even by PPP standards). I think a large majority of Bills fans regret allowing Williams to leave, but to suggest it was because he was black is absurd. And by they way, when did blacks become 'minorities' in the NFL?

Why does Evans not have a new contract yet? Maybe because he did squat last year and has not proven himself to be anywhere near a top flight NFL receiver yet, and was very slow to develop any rapport with the team's chosen QB. Let's hope those situations change this year. Just how much money do you want them to lavish on a guy who had 55 catches last year (and averages 58 for his career)?

And if you are still asking why the Bills didn't pay a laughable sum of money for a vastly overrated Clements, you are really out in left field.

I'm ceratianly sick of the race card when it's used as a convenient political tool....

:P

Yeah...until you decide it's a convenient political tool for your particular agenda item.

Yeah...until you decide it's a convenient political tool for your particular agenda item.

Why is Chris Kelsay averaging about 5.7 million dollars a year for this team? Please tell me why.

Then tell me why the Bills continue let their star minority players they drafted and who are looking for their big payday go to other teams.

Why is Chris Kelsay averaging about 5.7 million dollars a year for this team? Please tell me why.

Then tell me why the Bills continue let their star minority players they drafted and who are looking for their big payday go to other teams.

Whites are minorities on any NFL team. How dare NFL base rosters on ability and performance on the field...do you advocated there be an affirmative action program to insure that whites are proportionally represented, regardless of merit? :P

Is your Wonderlic score higher than Jason's? We're seeing an abundance of evidence that in all likelihood - it isn't.

Wow. This is one of the most inane displays of written diarrhea that I've seen on the board in a long time (even by PPP standards).

Outstanding quotation. Well played, sir!

Is your Wonderlic score higher than Jason's? We're seeing an abundance of evidence that in all likelihood - it isn't.

At least I'm not the kool-aid drinking automaton bowing down at the all mighty football "geniuses" over at One Bills Drive that you seem to be. So who exactly is the fool here? You automatons can't even answer a simple question about why they gave Kelsay that outlandish contract.

At least I'm not the kool-aid drinking automaton bowing down at the all mighty football "geniuses" over at One Bills Drive that you seem to be. So who exactly is the fool here? You automatons can't even answer a simple question about why they gave Kelsay that outlandish contract.

Dude, you need to take a break from the board or something. While being a kool-aid-drinking homer is not that great of an online trait, being a pisser-n-moaner about ridiculous stuff just to ensure you're not a kool-aid-drinking homer is just as bad, if not worse.

I know this is true, and I know the Bills will back me on this, cuz I'm white.

Seriously. Take a break.

and you didn't touch the question stuckincincy asked about if there should be an affirmative action plan in place to give whites as many jobs in the NFL......

are you planning on answering that?

Wow. This is one of the most inane displays of written diarrhea that I've seen on the board in a long time (even by PPP standards). I think a large majority of Bills fans regret allowing Williams to leave, but to suggest it was because he was black is absurd. And by they way, when did blacks become 'minorities' in the NFL?

Wow, did I touch a nerve in "Kool-aid Drinker in Connecticut". Don't hurt your knees bowing down to Ralphie and the boys.

Dude, you need to take a break from the board or something. While being a kool-aid-drinking homer is not that great of an online trait, being a pisser-n-moaner about ridiculous stuff just to ensure you're not a kool-aid-drinking homer is just as bad, if not worse.

:P

Oh Man!...Instant classic... :lol:

Totally a bluff. I doubt somebody looking for more money is going to sit out an entire season and not only not get paid and still have 3 years left on his deal next year, but also the amount he'll rack up in fines. Seems a little counter productive to me.

Seriously. Take a break.

What's ridiculous is Kelsay's contract. As for taking a break, if dissenting opinions are no longer welcome then I certainly don't belong here.

Maybe they just messed up. Kind of like with Mike Williams. They did, however, get it right when they re-upped with Peters a few years ago.

As some have suggested, I think you really need to take a break from the board and relax. You're going a little over the top here. It's one thing to suggest a race issue. Certainly all things are possible. However, its another thing all together to continue with the diatribe as though it's real. Let's face it, if any sports team was racists, they'd be out of the league (except hockey).

As to why Kelsay makes so much.... well maybe its because they think he's worth it? I don't know just a thought. You may not, in fact, many posters may not. However, we don't make those decisions. If the FO likes him, perhaps for what he does on the field, perhaps for what he does in the locker room, perhaps for what he does to Mr. Wilson in a dark room, does it really matter? They paid him. But to suggest its because he's white is pretty just.. well racist.

What's ridiculous is Kelsay's contract. As for taking a break, if dissenting opinions are no longer welcome then I certainly don't belong here.

If what you presented was considered a "dissenting" opinion, then maybe every single person in the world wouldn't be calling you out for such a deep level of idiocy.

Instead, you seem to enjoy coming up with ridiculous comments in hopes of riling people up. And that's okay. Obie wan makes a living out of it, and you'd be in perfect company.