Peters may be willing to sit all season

scribo

I hate this crap....I know, from my experience as a Bills fan, the team will not blink on this. Peters will eventually come in, be out of shape, take a few weeks to get into "game shape", be misearable. He will become a free agent in three years, and will not even consider signing with the Bills. That will be fine with the Bills, because they will never consider making a market value offer for one of their own free agents...particularly at the market value for a left tackle in 2011. But hey, look at the bucks they saved on Schobel, Kelsay and Kyle Williams...this is one case where I think the Bills would be wise to break their routine.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this crap....I know, from my experience as a Bills fan, the team will not blink on this. Peters will eventually come in, be out of shape, take a few weeks to get into "game shape", be misearable. He will become a free agent in three years, and will not even consider signing with the Bills. That will be fine with the Bills, because they will never consider making a market value offer for one of their own free agents...particularly at the market value for a left tackle in 2011. But hey, look at the bucks they saved on Schobel, Kelsay and Kyle Williams...this is one case where I think the Bills would be wise to break their routine.

you forgot the part where he gets injured because he is not in game shape and misses a lot games

you forgot the part where he gets injured because he is not in game shape and misses a lot games

Yeah, that too.... :thumbsup:

This does not bode well, IMO, for re-signing Lee Evans. I hope I am wrong. I think the Bills should call Larry Quinn and Darcy Reiger, and get some advice on how not to handle players and their contracts.

I just don't agree. It's possible that they won't resign him but if he is pissed off, and still plays (which is going to happen for sure), and then next year the Bills offer him a huge contract, or even two years from now, he will sign and be happy. Far too much time will have passed. This is a semi-unique problem. But I'm sure that both Parker and Peters can see and understand the Bills point of view. He's not getting "fukked" or disrespected by the Bills, they just don't believe they should have to pay him now, and Peters and Parker believe that they do. Eventually it may get nasty but this is simply negotiation the way it's supposed to be. Both sides are taking a hard stand right now, but I highly doubt that Parker or Peters thinks the Bills are screwing Peters. The just think they should pay the man and pay him now and make him happy because he is their best player.

I just don't agree. It's possible that they won't resign him but if he is pissed off, and still plays (which is going to happen for sure), and then next year the Bills offer him a huge contract, or even two years from now, he will sign and be happy. Far too much time will have passed. This is a semi-unique problem. But I'm sure that both Parker and Peters can see and understand the Bills point of view. He's not getting "fukked" or disrespected by the Bills, they just don't believe they should have to pay him now, and Peters and Parker believe that they do. Eventually it may get nasty but this is simply negotiation the way it's supposed to be. Both sides are taking a hard stand right now, but I highly doubt that Parker or Peters thinks the Bills are screwing Peters. The just think they should pay the man and pay him now and make him happy because he is their best player.

I don't think the Bills are "screwing" Peters, as much as they are screwing themselves. His market value is only going to go up, assuming he doesn't get injured, and plays up to his established level. Pay him two years from now, and you will likely only pay far more than you would today. Peters is under contract, but anyone would have to admitt, by the market place today, he is way underpaid, even amongst his own, far less talented, teammates. I am sure Peters/Parker understand the Bills pov, but that doesn't mean that they won't still feel like he is grossly underpaid.

Didn't the Bills go through this with Schobel? The Bills hit him early, with a contract extension, which he later was unhappy with. IIRC, they did renegotiate with him, without the acrimony. It just makes you wonder....

hopefully you're right, fair and balanced dog. i'd think if peters is smart, he realizes that each new year is a roll of the dice from an injury perspective. if he gets offered reasonable money by the market standard at the time, he'll sign it. the past couple years have shown the bills desire to focus on the importance of the line. At the same time, if he shreds his achilles this season after the bills renegoitate his contract with 3 years left, well in hindisght that would be a bad move.

it's all business, in my opinion, and peters is the bad guy here. he's got a contract, he should play. renegotiate all you want, but show up for camp and honor your committment.

But it starts with the Bills. If the Bills didn't give him a chance, there would be no Peters football career. It wouldn't go both ways if the Bills didn't start it in one direction.

Like it really matters. Peters is BY FAR the best player on this team right now. What difference does how he got there make? If only we had 52 other players who became one of the best at their positions! The Bills renegotiated a slightly above average (and very white) defensive end named Aaron Schobel. Why aren't they willing to renegotiate with Peters who happens to be their best player? The guy who is the fourth highest paid lineman on the Bills? This is ridiculous. I'm starting to think it may have something to do with his skin color. Schobel sucks compared to Peters' talent level and he got his money before his contract is up. Where the hell is Evans' and Peters' renegotiated contracts? The Bills are a joke and an argument could be brought that they only take care of the high motor white guys and then stick to their guns when it comes to everyone else. It's sad what's happened to this franchise.

I don't think the Bills are "screwing" Peters, as much as they are screwing themselves. His market value is only going to go up, assuming he doesn't get injured, and plays up to his established level. Pay him two years from now, and you will likely only pay far more than you would today. Peters is under contract, but anyone would have to admitt, by the market place today, he is way underpaid, even amongst his own, far less talented, teammates. I am sure Peters/Parker understand the Bills pov, but that doesn't mean that they won't still feel like he is grossly underpaid.

Didn't the Bills go through this with Schobel? The Bills hit him early, with a contract extension, which he later was unhappy with. IIRC, they did renegotiate with him, without the acrimony. It just makes you wonder....

two problems with your logic:

assuming he doesn't get injured has got to be a huge consideraton in the nfl.

you will likely only pay far more than you would today didn't they already do that? how did that work out for them? why wouldn't that happen again in two years?

i'd certainly admit the contract he signed compensated him less so that market would dictate today, but was pretty fair when he signed it. but i'd also think the bills took all the downside risk paying to develop him, and that worked out well, # million+ smackaroos a year. Now he doesn't like the idea, which I get. So? it's like footing the bill for your girl's implants and she starts dating better looking guys, because, well, jeez, look at 'em! Why waste 'em on a guy like you?

Like it really matters. Peters is BY FAR the best player on this team right now. What difference does how he got there make? If only we had 52 other players who became one of the best at their positions! The Bills renegotiated a slightly above average (and very white) defensive end named Aaron Schobel. Why aren't they willing to renegotiate with Peters who happens to be their best player? The guy who is the fourth highest paid lineman on the Bills? This is ridiculous. I'm starting to think it may have something to do with his skin color. Schobel sucks compared to Peters' talent level and he got his money before his contract is up. Where the hell is Evans' and Peters' renegotiated contracts? The Bills are a joke and an argument could be brought that they only take care of the high motor white guys and then stick to their guns when it comes to everyone else. It's sad what's happened to this franchise.

your case for a discrimation case is compelling, you've got it all figured out. i'd use the "Schobel sucks compared to Peter's talent level" as the basis of your closing argument. the jury will be eating out of your hands. riveting.

I don't think it's a bluff at all. He'll sit out and play the last six like other players do.

He knows that the team will eventually fork over whatever they can if they did it for Docker, Walker, Williams and guys like Peerless Price to a lesser extent.

He also knows that this team doesn't have a chance in hell of improving offensively if he's not here.

The Bills balls are in a vice on this one and Peters' hand is on the handle.

I'd like to see Peters get paid as well. And he will.

But if he's willing to sit the first 10 games and screw his teammates in the process, then fu*k him!

Bills' balls in a vice? Hardly.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd like to see Peters get paid as well. And he will.

But if he's willing to sit the first 10 games and screw his teammates in the process, then fu*k him!

Bills' balls in a vice? Hardly.

GO BILLS!!!

Amen, K-9. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

I didn't want to get lambasted by the Thread Duplication bots...

I also don't have time to read this entire thread to see if the answer is in here - call me lazy, fine...

But, my question is this...

If a player holds out - where does the team have to hold their roster spot to retain the rights? As an inactive on the 53? Can they place them on IR?

As far as the Peters situation...

Does Peters deserve more $? Yes - because of his talent, his position, and the fact others with less talent on the OL are getting more.

Is Peters acting like a baby about it? Yes - show up, live up to your contract, be a man about it... He's acting like he isn't a part of the Team by not being here, and if he doesn't show up during TC, as far as I'm concerned I would sit him when he comes back... there's a track record of Injuries to players who skip a lot of TC - because they get thrown right into the freight train that is the actual season Big Time Hits - and you can bet some DL will love to put a lick on a player who didn't go through TC.

Does Brandon and the rest of the Front Office have a point to make? Yes - while Peters excelled for "1" season and made the Probowl, he signed an extension paying him more. I understand it's a business decition... and it's some sort of Principle... and they want to make a statement to players that they aren't going to cave every time a player decides to hold out...

The best thing (I think) the Front Office can do, is get Evans paid... show Peters that participation is what gets results, not ignoring the team and acting like you've been disrespected or whatever.

Why did I come back to this thread? This is the biggest piece of crap post to date. Prejudice? Are you F-kcing kidding me! Just an idiotic statement.

Why did I come back to this thread? This is the biggest piece of crap post to date. Prejudice? Are you F-kcing kidding me! Just an idiotic statement.

i hadn't seen it until he clicked the light on for me. read it again, i's all pretty clear. here, i'll help:

is AS white?

is JP black?

was AS taken care of?

has JP not been taken care of?

is AS not less talented at his position than JP is at his?

so, we have a more talented black player not getting something that a less talented whie player has gotten. there's history, here, too. steve tasker was among one of the best players at his position and got way less than some others at theirs..oh, wait.

It may be hard for you to believe, but not everything has to do with race. I do not believe Peters is being mistreated here. Alas, this is just business.

I have a feeling this thread is about to go down a destructive path.

i hadn't seen it until he clicked the light on for me. read it again, i's all pretty clear. here, i'll help:

is AS white?

is JP black?

was AS taken care of?

has JP not been taken care of?

is AS not less talented at his position than JP is at his?

so, we have a more talented black player not getting something that a less talented whie player has gotten. there's history, here, too. steve tasker was among one of the best players at his position and got way less than some others at theirs..oh, wait.

You're right. Ralph is the WNY Grandmaster of the KKK. That's why he threw $74 million at Dockery and Langston Walker last year.

i used to think you were just an insane jp ballwasher. now i know you are on crack.

And what exactly does "very white" mean? He doesn't get much time in the sun?

Which players do the Bills go out of there way for- Schobel, Butler, Williams, Kelsey not so much Peters , Evans

Which of the Superbowl team great players ended there careers with the Bills Kelly, Hull, Tasker, -with other teams Smith, Thomas, Reed

I'm not accusing the Bills of blatant racism but if you don't notice a difference I don't think you want to notice.

Which players do the Bills go out of there way for- Schobel, Butler, Williams, Kelsey not so much Peters , Evans

Which of the Superbowl team great players ended there careers with the Bills Kelly, Hull, Tasker, -with other teams Smith, Thomas, Reed

I'm not accusing the Bills of blatant racism but if you don't notice a difference I don't think you want to notice.

As far as comparing Kelly to Bruce, Thurman and Andre, they all got the same shabby treatment at the end of their time with the Bills. The difference was that Jim chose to retire while the others chose to move onto other teams. Now that it is all over, it seems Jim and Bruce made the best choices then. I don't know about Hull and Tasker.