Peters may be willing to sit all season

scribo

Which players do the Bills go out of there way for- Schobel, Butler, Williams, Kelsey not so much Peters , Evans

Which of the Superbowl team great players ended there careers with the Bills Kelly, Hull, Tasker, -with other teams Smith, Thomas, Reed

I'm not accusing the Bills of blatant racism but if you don't notice a difference I don't think you want to notice.

Beebe, Christy, Wolford, Shane Conlan, Ray Bentley, Pete Metzelaars...

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which players do the Bills go out of there way for- Schobel, Butler, Williams, Kelsey not so much Peters , Evans

Which of the Superbowl team great players ended there careers with the Bills Kelly, Hull, Tasker, -with other teams Smith, Thomas, Reed

I'm not accusing the Bills of blatant racism but if you don't notice a difference I don't think you want to notice.

In that case, the Bills went "out of there [sic] way" for -- Reed, Parrish, McGee, Crowell, and even Peters a mere two years ago!

Does it mean anything that nine out of 10 picks in year's draft were non-white players, and that their top overallpick the last 16 years are non-white or that pretty much all their top free agent signers for the past several years are non white?

You, and the supposed 1billsfan are ignoring a whole lot to try to make a point that just isn't there.

It may be hard for you to believe, but not everything has to do with race. I do not believe Peters is being mistreated here. Alas, this is just business.

I have a feeling this thread is about to go down a destructive path.

I'm just going on recent history here of their dealings with Bills players. Clements, Evans, Peters vs Schobel. They couldn't give Schobel his money fast enough and he's not nearly as good as those three guys are. May not make you wonder what's going on, but it certainly is something that I'm starting to question. Are they outwardly saying such things behind close doors? I'm thinking no. But it's weird how they play hardball with those first three that I mentioned and how easily Aaron got his money.

Wolford was stolen by Indy- and I said great players ,notice I left Cornelius Bennett out.

Many great players can't accept that they are done. Bruce Smith was ok with Washington and the Bills lost him mainly because of the salary cap mess left by Butler. Thomas did nothing in Miami and I don't think Reed even made a final roster after Buffalo. Kelly contimplated returning to play for Baltimore shortly after his retirement, so I'm not sure what your point is.

I'm just going on recent history here of their dealings with Bills players. Clements, Evans, Peters vs Schobel. They couldn't give Schobel his money fast enough and he's not nearly as good as those three guys are. May not make you wonder what's going on, but it certainly is something that I'm starting to question. Are they outwardly saying such things behind close doors? I'm thinking no. But it's weird how they play hardball with those first three that I mentioned and how easily Aaron got his money.

Forgot to add that they renegotiated McGee's contract, or does that not fit into your argument?

Obie's his agent, haven't you guys guessed that yet? Buckets of sh-- just flowing from this dude. Yeah let's just give players already making 3 MILLION a season the upper hand in RE negotiating contracts with not even an IOTA of good faith from the player to even show up for OTAs, MANDATORY minicamp, and then camp itself.

!@#$ Peters. If they cave in now, they are going against everything that they claim to stand for, which is character. Because jason Peters obviously has NONE, no matter what his mommy obie wan says.

Forgot to add that they renegotiated McGee's contract, or does that not fit into your argument?

And Crowell, Reed, Parrish and as I just posted a few minutes ago, Peters two years ago!

You are ignoring the other players the Bills also re-signed. And you are ignoring the fact that the better a player is, the harder it is going to be to for both parties to determine fair market value. Evans is coming off a lack-luster season for a variety or reasons, so it is very difficult to say what he'd get offered by other teams at the end of this year.

If anyone believes that there has been NO contact with the Bills from Peters' agent, or that the Bills have NO IDEA what he wants in a contract, or what his (threatened) plans are to sit, you should be locked in a rubber room. There are few things in this world totally impossible to believe and that is one of them.

Correct. And if the contact consisted of "we want Jason to be the highest paid LT in the league," to which the Bills responded, "once Jason is in camp we'll talk about it," then I have absolutely no problem with how the Bills are handling this situation.

Similarly, anyone who believes the Bills "lost Jason's phone number" or are "playing hardball" at this point in time just doesn't get it.

Not so simple. Peters did take a bonus and re-sign because he was probably playing for the NFL minimum, or close to it. In this instance, the Bills had all the leverage.

Now, the tables have turned. You have a probowl LT making less than Dockery, let alone Fowler who is average at best. Any sane person can see the inequity of this equation. Can you? Yes or no?

The Bills need to get this done. Without Peters they go no where

A little late to the party, and I'm not going to go back and read through all 8 pages, but my thoughts:

1 - Peters, or any other NFL player for that matter, is not going to sit out an entire season. Not even half. Once these $15,000 a day fines start mounting up, a few game checks don't show up as direct deposited in the bank account, you'll see Peters or any of these other spoiled brats come running back.

2 - That said, people are WAY overreacting for one freakin' day of camp. This was going to happen, it will likely drag on for a few weeks, it'll get done, and all the people saying the Bills are cheap or the front office is stupid or trade Peters or whatever will have wasted all this time and energy getting riled up for nothing. This is how the business works. Get used to it. Wake me when Peters misses a couple pre-season games.

3 - The guy trying to make the race-based argument? Wow... probably the dumbest string of posts in the history of TBD, especially in light of evidence other posters have used to make the contrary argument... and the original poster's silence in the face of it all.

3 - The guy trying to make the race-based argument? Wow... probably the dumbest string of posts in the history of TBD, especially in light of evidence other posters have used to make the contrary argument... and the original poster's silence in the face of it all.

Silence? I'm sorry that I don't have all day to sit and argue and answer every counterpoint there buddy. As for the contrary arguments, you mean the ones that equate the Bills dealings of grade "B" players as opposed to their grade "A" players? It's an interesting trend that I am starting to see, I don't like it and I'd much rather have Evans and Peters than Aaron Schobel any day of the week including of course, Sundays. They could not wait to give Schobel his renegotiated money. Couldn't give it to him fast enough. If the Bills want to quell the eventual comparisons of the dealings of both Bills players, then they need to be as happy to show Peters the big money as they were to Schobel (who by the way is not nearly as good of a talent).

By what measure, other than your misguided OPINION, are Clements, Evans, and Peters ALL better than Schobel? Peters, I'll give you but he's only had one monster season.

GO BILLS!!!

Silence? I'm sorry that I don't have all day to sit and argue and answer every counterpoint there buddy. As for the contrary arguments, you mean the ones that equate the Bills dealings of grade "B" players as opposed to their grade "A" players? It's an interesting trend that I am starting to see, I don't like it and I'd much rather have Evans and Peters than Aaron Schobel any day of the week including of course, Sundays. They could not wait to give Schobel his renegotiated money. Couldn't give it to him fast enough. If the Bills want to quell the eventual comparisons of the dealings of both Bills players, then they need to be as happy to show Peters the big money as they were to Schobel (who by the way is not nearly as good of a talent).

The Bills are mainly dealing with "B" players as apposed to their "A" players. There you go, perfect, just leave it as that. Once you throw race into the equation, you lose all credibility and sound ridiculous. If the season starts and LE is not signed and JP is holding out, I might agree somewhat with that statement...

By what measure, other than your misguided OPINION, are Clements, Evans, and Peters ALL better than Schobel? Peters, I'll give you but he's only had one monster season.

GO BILLS!!!

Clements is. :ph34r:

If I recall correctly, and I checked so I know I do, the Bills actually made Schobel report to camp before they gave him more money in response to the big contract they had given Kelsay. Really, it was very much like this situation only Schobel didn't holdout.

Also seeing how McGee has been to the Pro Bowl and Evans hasn't, I don't think it is fair to dismiss McGee's re-done contract.

Since you're busy, and I understand that, let me ask again, what did you mean when you said Schobel was "very white"?