RIP - Mitch Frerotte

According to WPXI-TV in Pittsburgh, former Bills guard Mitch Frerotte has passed away in his hometown of Kitanning, PA.

The station reports police in Kitanning confirm that Frerotte passed away at around 6:00pm Wednesday at his home, apparently of natural causes.

Frerotte played four seaons for the Bills, and in three of Buffalo's four straight Super Bowl appearanes in the early 90's. He's most remembered for his performance during the 1992 season when he caught three touchdowns - a record for an offensive lineman.

Frerotte was 43 years old.

Prayers go out to his family, or anyone who was close.

Holy $*#.

I knew Mitch before he came to Buffalo -- dated his cousin for a while when we were all in college. Was always going to look him up and see how he was doing, but, well, you know how that goes ...

Thoughts to friends and family. BB, if you're still out there somewhere, God bless.

Consequences of steroid abuse

I don't think this was an absurd thing to post. With all due respect to the man (may he RIP), you have to wonder when someone dies at the age of 43. Many players from that time used steroids, why is it so bad to question if they played a role in this case?

I don't think this was an absurd thing to post. With all due respect to the man (may he RIP), you have to wonder when someone dies at the age of 43. Many players from that time used steroids, why is it so bad to question if they played a role in this case?

It's a common negative post by that particular poster. It has more to do with the postee than the post itself...

It's a relevant topic when it seems most of the Steelers "Steel Curtain" linemen are now dead.

With all due respect, he didn't question it, he flat out accused. That's pretty tasteless IMO.

I think the mere act of adding a question mark would have made a world of difference in the reactions of folks and responses to this post.

On Boards such as TSW and the internet in general folks are entitled to have their personal opinions, legit or not and fact-free or not. IMHO part of the reason this post likely raised the hackles of some in our little family of Bills lovers is that as a question the role steroid use may have played in the early death of an athlete is a legit question to have (though some may also correctly IMHO question the appropriateness of raising the point in a thread announcing an early death it is a legit question even if inappropriately raised).

However, the fact that there is no question mark moves this post from raising a legit question to simply making a flat-out statement which may or may not be true and which the post does nothing to support.

Even a legit question is definitely inappropriate when stated as a flat out opinion with no support in a death notice thread.

This is a case where I am thankful for the free market system where if the mods choose to remove a post such as this that certainly strikes me as a more than reasonable thing to do.

I think the mere act of adding a question mark would have made a world of difference in the reactions of folks and responses to this post.

On Boards such as TSW and the internet in general folks are entitled to have their personal opinions, legit or not and fact-free or not. IMHO part of the reason this post likely raised the hackles of some in our little family of Bills lovers is that as a question the role steroid use may have played in the early death of an athlete is a legit question to have (though some may also correctly IMHO question the appropriateness of raising the point in a thread announcing an early death it is a legit question even if inappropriately raised).

However, the fact that there is no question mark moves this post from raising a legit question to simply making a flat-out statement which may or may not be true and which the post does nothing to support.

Even a legit question is definitely inappropriate when stated as a flat out opinion with no support in a death notice thread.

This is a case where I am thankful for the free market system where if the mods choose to remove a post such as this that certainly strikes me as a more than reasonable thing to do.

Point taken... just so everyone is clear I wasn't the OP who suggested it was steroids. I can see how the suggestion (instead of question) is less appropriate in this situation. I only raised my point because when I read the story, the first thing that popped into my head was steroids (and that really isnt a knock on the man... more on the game)