Round 1 (#8): Selection: S Donte Whitner

SDS

Marv, let me tell you, I would not have minded this pick at 14 or 15, but with number eight and no additional picks, !@#$ that. Instead we blew it, I think this is a Dick Jauron pick really and i think this shows of the incompetence that Bills fans can come to expect over the next few years.

Why take a guy who is not even ranked in the top 30, and pick him at 8? Why not trade Leinert to the friggin' Broncos, then pick him at 15? At least then you won't be the laughing stock of the league.

I hate this pick with all my heart. I don't get it. It is not anywhere close to value for the 8th pick, I don't care if the guy makes All Pro his first year, it was a bad choice.

Ridiculous. Worst pick in the history of the Bills. Value wise.

Why take a guy who is not even ranked in the top 30, and pick him at 8?  Why not trade Leinert to the friggin' Broncos, then pick him at 15?  At least then you won't be the laughing stock of the league.

I hate this pick with all my heart.  I don't get it.  It is not anywhere close to value for the 8th pick, I don't care if the guy makes All Pro his first year, it was a bad choice.

Ridiculous.  Worst pick in the history of the Bills.  Value wise.

674530[/snapback]

They could have traded all the way down to 15 and still gotten him. I don't care if they only get a 4th to do so, at least that's SOMETHING. Unbelievable.

Usually, there is someone sticking up for the Bills. Personally, I am not one of them. I completely agree that, if this was who we wanted, we could have traded and still got him.

I hate this pick, all the eagerness about this draft is gone. I'm not saying we won't get good people later, but i just don't really care right now.

Marv, let me tell you, I would not have minded this pick at 14 or 15, but with number eight and no additional picks, !@#$ that. Instead we blew it, I think this is a Dick Jauron pick really and i think this shows of the incompetence that Bills fans can come to expect over the next few years.

674517[/snapback]

Not only does it look like we blew the pick, but look at the money we have to pay this kid Top 10 $ there goes another MW waste to our roster.

Isnt the first round the best PLAYER availible and this by far is reach considering they have the Cowboys taking him at 19 :(:doh::doh:

and the trade(s) fell apart at the end and they were not prepared and ended up taking the guy they targeted at a lower position assuming they would trade

I cannot imagine they think this guy is the 8th best player in the draft, I just cant

Boomer didn't know what to say because the entire ESPN crew SUCKS today...christ, my buddies and I could go up there and be as insightful as they are today. These guys are usually on top of their games, but they don't seem like pros right now...

I hate this pick with all my heart.  I don't get it.  It is not anywhere close to value for the 8th pick, I don't care if the guy makes All Pro his first year, it was a bad choice.

674530[/snapback]

I wouldn't go that far. If this kid is an All-pro as a rookie, I'll be doing backflips all over town.