Pet Peeve Tuesday

- People who are in the left hand turn lane and first don't pull out in to the middle of the intersection, then sit there like nimwits when the light turns yellow and don't even make the turn - I HATE THAT! :w00t:

- People who pay with checks at the store - especially the grocery store ;)

- People who constantly mis-use the term 'literally' "My mouth literally caught fire when I ate those hot wings" - oh really - that must have been very painful!...

- Parents of obnoxious children who just sit there and let their kids be obnoxious brats in public - double points for actually thinking their kids abhorrent behavior is cute! :D:D:D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, I hate when I am in line with rugs and vases.  ;)

Is this the thread for people to voice all their racist angst? We had someone post about "orientals" (which is an insulting term) and "smelly foreigners."  Jeez.  :w00t:

651652[/snapback]

No racist angst, sloppo.The term "Oriental" insults only idiots or hand-wringers.

You inpungn diversity. Every ethnicity has it's particular features and proclivities. People are different. What plays in Peoria does not play in Peking (Yes, I know - Beijing. Been there)

Would you not be disappointed if you traveled east or west and the customs and feelings of the indigeneous population were the same as those in your back yard? Want a Big Mac n Italy?

The fact is, Oriental societies and their diaspora are hard and precise with money.

Wake up, learn about the globe, and don't fling accusation.

I've got lots, but I would say #1 is "People who don't RTFM (Read the Freakin' Manual)."

Actually, I take that back. It's these people that make up the bulk of the bell-shaped curve. Sit back and complain that things are complicated, Joe Blow. You've earned your inertia.

People who complain about politicians but never vote....

If you don't vote, you can't B word...

-------------------------------------------------------

I'll second the parent who won't control their kids

Golfers who go into exhaustive detail about a hole or a shot...I don't care, I just want to finish my beer.

people who forward every email they get to you...and include everyone elses email address with it.....learn to use BCC!!

--------------------------------------------------------

How do you feel about the wooden crosses placed at the scene of a fatal accident, fitting memorial?

651692[/snapback]

I think that's fine in that it's a specific place where someone likely lost their life unexpectedly and tragically. And having a place where people can congregate to mourn that person's loss is truly chicken soup for the mouldless soul. But unless you killed the guy with your own car, I have no idea what those stickers are for.

People's speech such as:

- "pitcher" instead of picture

- "punkin" instead of pumpkin

- "these ones" is not correct, its these

- "i had went"

- "i seen"

- the people from philly or jersey that say "wooder" for water

- the people from buffalo that sound the same when they say "bear" and "beer" because for some reason we say "a" weird

- i think i do this, but the people that say "shtreet" instead of street

- my italian family that says "you's" or "you's guys"

i know there's more i just cant think of them right now lol

Here's a pet peeve that will ensure I stay alone in this world:

Memorial stickers on the back windows of cars.

"In loving memory of Hardy Bonnertz

1920-2001

We will always love you."

What did you do, back over the dude? And you've decided that the rear window of your modified PT Cruiser is the place to adhere this little memory? Gee, I'll take "Desperate Cries for Attention" for $200, Alex. Wouldn't you want something a little more permanent? I mean, what happens when you take it through the $3 car wash at the local Conoco and you start losing letters and suddenly your car says "In loving memory of Hard Bon er z"?

I'm sure Hardy is looking down on your car, wondering WTF is wrong with you.

!@#$ing people are strange, man. Very strange.

651539[/snapback]

What are the odds that you would be driving behind BF in Indiana?

People's speech such as:

- "i had went"

- "i seen"

- the people from buffalo that sound the same when they say "bear" and "beer" because for some reason we say "a" weird

652038[/snapback]

I also like regional usages, expressions, and accents.

Except for that hard, cracking, irksome, New England stuff. :)

People's speech such as:

- "i had went"

- "i seen"

652038[/snapback]

"Supposably"

-People(usually women) who don't know how to negotiate a 4 way stop. If you get to the stop sign before me, you go first. You don't sit there, refuse to go, and instead wave me through. :)

-Stupid ass employees working the drive-thru window at any fast food joint. Double check my order before you hand it to me. :lol:

-People who try to get on an elevator before letting people get off. :D

-Getting rid of pop machines that dispense 12 oz. cans and replacing them with machines that dispense 20 oz. bottles. :angry:

-People who start threads with misleading or non-descript thread titles. :)

-People who don't know the difference between resign and re-sign. :doh:

I also like regional usages, expressions, and accents.

Except for that hard, cracking, irksome, New England stuff.  :)

652064[/snapback]

Ya, When I travelled outside of newengland, people laughed at some words we pronounce, such as scollops instead of scallops, and when I said party, to them it sounded like potty, got alot of grief when I ordered pecan pie.....

The lady who works in my office building (my company owns the building - we occupy 75% of it and rent out the rest of it to another company).

Every day at lunchtime, she goes out to her car (Ford Expedition). She starts the car, turns on the AC/Heater, and sits in the car for one hour, eating lunch, paying bills, reading the newspaper, listening to the radio, talking on the cell phone, while the engine runs for one hour.

People's speech such as:

- "i had went"

- "i seen"

652038[/snapback]

And my alltime favorite. Someone on the cell phone saying for all to hear:

Where you at?

People talking on cell phones on trains, subways, buses and planes. It better be a life-threatening emergency if you are doing that because all you are doing is pissing me off. I don't care about your kid, your mother, your dinner, your errands or you. I care about peace and quiet on my friggin commute. And yes, I will be the guy who starts clearing his throat incessantly and glaring at them till they get the idea.

People at the gym who have severe staring problems (the ones who watch you through an entire set, while lifting).

651606[/snapback]

Man I thought it was just me....Finally got a t-shirt that says"Didn't your mother teach you it's not polite to stare."

Pet Peeves:

People who have their wedding photo right in the first place you see it, and they are standing there with their 80's feathered hair.

My mother-in-law

People who drink and don't know when to stop so they dont become idiots.

Soccer Moms in general.

Crappy drivers that flip me off and change their tune when I get out of the vehicle.

People who talk on cell phones while working out.

People in front of the line to the bar who only start thinking about what they want once it is finally their turn to order. Yo dumb arse what do you need a day planner?

Another bar scenario where Joe Armpit gets off the dance floor, takes a wad of napkins to facial his sweat brow and then just tosses the napkins on the bar like anybody would want to touch, smell or see it.  Yo Armpit, no drinks for you.

651658[/snapback]

Finally! Someone addressing the important things in life. It's worse when you are the bartender. The place is busy...Jackass has been wayving and yelling for drinks ("I'm parched"..."It's like a desert in here"..."I'm farting dust!"). You finally get to him and say, "What'll it be?"...THEN he starts to survey his friends for what they want. Buh-bye for now, ass lick.

Now, just as annoying is a bartender who keeps his back to the bar while having a conversation with a waitress or customer. A Bartender should always be scanning the bar to see if a customer needs someting. A good bartender can have several conversations going and still make the drinks.

Now, just as annoying is a bartender who keeps his back to the bar while having a conversation with a waitress or customer.  A Bartender should always be scanning the bar to see if a customer needs someting.  A good bartender can have several conversations going and still make the drinks.

652176[/snapback]

reminds me of a good one of mine over spring break: the bartenders at our hotel in Jamaica. By far the worst service I have ever seen. You could be the only one at the bar and they would totally ignore you for 5-10 minutes while they puttered around with their back to you. If you called for them, they'd just get more pissed. If you tipped them a few times, it'd be a tiny bit better but it was still slow and you would still get the death stare. I decided that down there you tip to get somewhat less sh------- service instead of to reward good service. If they only realized that most people reward good service they'd make a lot more $. We had an all inclusive deal, but after a few days were buying our own bottles of cheap rum and making our own drinks.

Overall pet peeve: Idiot drivers. Many have already given some examples like the 4-way stop, people cruising in the left lane, etc. I'll throw in another one the people from other states (not WNY) that freak the hell out at any sign of snow or adverse weather. It's just some snow flakes blowing around on dry roads buddy, no need to go 35 mph with you blinkers on. Freakin Ohio drivers suck!

The lady who works in my office building (my company owns the building - we occupy 75% of it and rent out the rest of it to another company).

Every day at lunchtime, she goes out to her car (Ford Expedition). She starts the car, turns on the AC/Heater, and sits in the car for one hour, eating lunch, paying bills, reading the newspaper, listening to the radio, talking on the cell phone, while the engine runs for one hour.

652152[/snapback]

And when noone looking she's buring bowl after bowl!! havent you noticed how nice she is after lunch....I love getting away from people too....

Finally!  Someone addressing the important things in life.  It's worse when you are the bartender.  The place is busy...Jackass has been wayving and yelling for drinks ("I'm parched"..."It's like a desert in here"..."I'm farting dust!").  You finally get to him and say, "What'll it be?"...THEN he starts to survey his friends for what they want.  Buh-bye for now, ass lick.

Now, just as annoying is a bartender who keeps his back to the bar while having a conversation with a waitress or customer.  A Bartender should always be scanning the bar to see if a customer needs someting.  A good bartender can have several conversations going and still make the drinks.

652176[/snapback]

If you want to piss off a slack bartender order an Old Fashion or a blender drink- they hate that. Funny I just spent over a month in British pubs, no tipping over there and they are some of the best bartenders in teh world. They serve you quickly, flair, are very friendly- all without a tip. Take note American bartenders. I am thirsty- think I will make my way to my local bar- cheers!

The black American dialect is very rich and expressive, and to me, melodioius and warming. It's loaded with loving terms.

652131[/snapback]

So, so, come on, come on. DON'T get swung on, swung on. It's the

knick-knack-patty-whack still riding cadillacs. Family

off the streets, made my homies put the baggies back. (Whoo!)

Still snaggin' plaques (yep), still action-packed (yep), and

dope.. i keep it flippin' like acrobats. That's why I pack a

mack, that'll crack a back, cause on my waist, there's more

heat than the shaq-attack! But I ain't speakin' about ballin',

jus' thinkin' about brawlin' 'til y'all start ballin'. We

all in together now, birds of the feather now, jus' bought a

plane so we change in the weather now. So put your brakes on,

cats put your capes on, and knock off your block, get dropped,

and have your face blown. Cause I'll prove it, scratch off

the music, like hey little stupid, don't make me looose it!

Why you all in my ear? Talkin' a whole bunch a

sh*t that I ain't tryin to hear.

Get Back! Motherf**ker You don't know me like that.

Get back! Motherf**ker You don't know me like that!

(Ee-Ee Whoo-Whoo) I ain't playin' around.. Make one false move,

I'll take you down.

Get back! Motherf**ker You don't know me like that.

When there is someone in front of you that is driving too slow (usually just below the speed limit) then will speed up as they see the light turning yellow. Of course by the time you get there the light has turned red. :)

So, so, come on, come on. DON'T get swung on, swung on. It's the

knick-knack-patty-whack still riding cadillacs. Family

off the streets, made my homies put the baggies back. (Whoo!)

Still snaggin' plaques (yep), still action-packed (yep), and

dope.. i keep it flippin' like acrobats. That's why I pack a

mack, that'll crack a back, cause on my waist, there's more

heat than the shaq-attack! But I ain't speakin' about ballin',

jus' thinkin' about brawlin' 'til y'all start ballin'. We

all in together now, birds of the feather now, jus' bought a

plane so we change in the weather now. So put your brakes on,

cats put your capes on, and knock off your block, get dropped,

and have your face blown. Cause I'll prove it, scratch off

the music, like hey little stupid, don't make me looose it!

Why you all in my ear? Talkin' a whole bunch a

sh*t that I ain't tryin to hear.

Get Back! Motherf**ker You don't know me like that.

(Ee-Ee Whoo-Whoo) I ain't playin' around.. Make one false move,

I'll take you down.

Get back! Motherf**ker You don't know me like that.

652266[/snapback]

I see Nervous Boy has been cranking the stereo again.

...or is that coming from T-Bone's cubicle?

Here's a pet peeve that will ensure I stay alone in this world:

Memorial stickers on the back windows of cars.

"In loving memory of Hardy Bonnertz

1920-2001

We will always love you."

What did you do, back over the dude? And you've decided that the rear window of your modified PT Cruiser is the place to adhere this little memory? Gee, I'll take "Desperate Cries for Attention" for $200, Alex. Wouldn't you want something a little more permanent? I mean, what happens when you take it through the $3 car wash at the local Conoco and you start losing letters and suddenly your car says "In loving memory of Hard Bon er z"?

I'm sure Hardy is looking down on your car, wondering WTF is wrong with you.

!@#$ing people are strange, man. Very strange.

651539[/snapback]

:):):lol:

I have a Chrysler New Yorker/LHS type vehicle... The back plate on the trunk says Chrysler on one side and New Yorker on the passenger side of the vehicle... I took some paint and duplicated the font and size of the original New Yorker logo and added EX-

It now looks like it came out of the factory saying:

EX-New Yorker

Another note... The car originated in New York too... Still has the old window regs and inspection stickers.

Ya... I guess I am strange... Surprised I haven't got shot at yet... But, I at least try to add in a related subtle theme...

:D:angry:

When there is someone in front of you that is driving too slow (usually just below the speed limit) then will speed up as they see the light turning yellow.  Of course by the time you get there the light has turned red.  :)

652272[/snapback]

If the driver is being a d*ck with no merit (see below) then spread it out to the right or other lane when the green is "stale"... You will make it through.

Did you ever think they are trying to lose you... :):doh:;):lol:

I do it all the time to drivers that are being too aggresive, passing on the right and "merge weaseling."

Now if there is a car behind me and they are being patient, staying off my tail and waiting till I get over to the right around other cars... I got no problem...

But... The impatient ones and dishonorable ones (people wouldn't act badly in a supermarket line)... Pay a heavy price.

I am not saying you portray any of these negative driving traits... But some sort of honorable driving has to happen... Maybe I am wrong to think little tricks are gonna straighten them out, in fact it probably pisses them off more and act like bigger d*icks down the line... But, they are gonna do it any way?

My pet peeve is when there is a merge arrow on the highway getting down to one lane and people cruise down the closing lane to "merge weasel" and zipper it up at the last second... Causing the other lane to "slack" up like a long train does at the couplings when gaining momentum...

It would be like sand through a hourglass if people would get over early... I even create extra room in the early part of the merge, blink my lights and let people in EARLY... But, they still zoom all the way down to the merge arrow and create slack into the main lane... There is a point where I then tighten it up and let nobody in anymore... I look at it like people had the chance...

Little tricks at the lock and dam really keep the boats flowing through and once people realize you don't play... The get the drill and there aren't many problems... Actually, you can get other boaters to do the dirty work and put pressure on the meatheads... After over 15 years doing this work, I can sniff out anything... I know when people are slacking and dragging their freinds in other boats around the bend or what not... You maintain order in a stern yet, NOT ARBITRARY way and things can run pretty cool with very few rules and laws... Conditioning is everything.

Sorry for the rant.

:D:angry: