Sure Miami fans are pissed at Poyer!

Dafan

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

nowhere does this article even hint that "miami fans are pissed at Poyer"...

but hey, LAMP.

The OP doesn’t need my help, but nowhere in his post does he claim the article “even hints at that.”

“Speculating with confidence” is a reasonable reading of “Sure.”

Respectfully, all.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Mahomes is the best QB in the league, but Allen is way better than Tua. Allen is #2 at this point.

I don’t know. Obviously Mahomes is great but I can’t say he’s better than Allen.

There’s things Allen can do physically that Mahomes can’t. There’s nothing Mahomes can do that Allen can’t. 

Then again Mahomes stays cool under all circumstances, maybe that’s what he does better. Allen’s got the physical, Mahomes has the mental. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t know. Obviously Mahomes is great but I can’t say he’s better than Allen.

There’s things Allen can do physically that Mahomes can’t. There’s nothing Mahomes can do that Allen can’t. 

Then again Mahomes stays cool under all circumstances, maybe that’s what he does better. Allen’s got the physical, Mahomes has the mental. 

That is probably a good way to put it. The winning puts Mahomes over the top IMHO. Four Super Bowl appearances in five years with three championships. That is why I put Mahomes #1. Yes, I realize football is a team sport. Mahomes has a better HC/DC to help him win games.  At this point Mahomes is #1. He comes thru in the clutch almost all the time.

• Agree 1

Whether or not Josh is the best, there's few who would argue that Tua is better.  So, Miami fans shouldn't be upset about the truth - maybe just that it was said out loud.

53 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

this is 100% it. Mahomes is a better QB right now. Mahomes wins games and in the most crucial moments things work right with Mahomes. Whether he is a major factor in that does not matter. Mahomes wins. He is there fore the better QB.

But there is nothing Mahomes can do that Allen cannot. There are things Allen can do that Mahomes cannot. Allen has more talent and I do not think anyone can debate that. Only smooth brain folks just give it to Mahomes, or put Jackson on the same tier.

12 hours ago, wppete said:

Poyer is just being honest. He probably wished he was still on the Bills and wasn’t cut.

Well, so do I.  I think the Bills got a little out over their skis on their safety reboot.  Another year of Poyer, even a guy who's noticeably slower, would have helped transition into the Bishop +? years.  I just don't think Beane wanted to keep paying Poyer what he'd been getting, and Poyer didn't want to take a pay cut.

Just now, zow2 said:

Poyer was probably only signed by Miami to pass along any intel on the Bills offense and Allen.  Who knows if he will even stick on the final 53.

Fine, let Miami cut him, and then bring him back to the Bills on a vet minimum contract.  Any intel on Miami's offense and Tua would be appreciated.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

nowhere does this article even hint that "miami fans are pissed at Poyer"...

but hey, LAMP.

I didn't say it did.  Was saying I'm sure Miami fans are.  

• Dislike 1

Some of them even convince themselves they'll win the division every year, that fanbase does it's best to make the team being named after one of the smarter animals to be purposefully ironic.

But what are they going to do not give him another contract he's not going to be seeking at his age.

3 hours ago, eball said:

I don’t know how old either of you are, but the Dolphins were one of the most popular teams of the 70s and 80s…right up there with the Cowboys and Steelers.  Their fan base is “legitimate” but has suffered over the past 20 years with their lackluster play.  The younger component of the fan base is indeed delusional, but the national media feeds this by hyping the Fish every preseason as a team to watch.

Anyway — as a fan growing up in the 70s and celebrating the end of that drought, I still despise this franchise more than any other.  Including the Pats***.

It's been a lot longer than that, because Bills fans have been supplementing their attendance figures for decades now whenever we play them. They never have been diehard fans, even when Shula and Marino were there. I'm almost 51.

3 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Then again Mahomes stays cool under all circumstances, maybe that’s what he does better. Allen’s got the physical, Mahomes has the mental. Offensive genius HC

Fixed

4 hours ago, eball said:

I don’t know how old either of you are, but the Dolphins were one of the most popular teams of the 70s and 80s…right up there with the Cowboys and Steelers.  Their fan base is “legitimate” but has suffered over the past 20 years with their lackluster play.  The younger component of the fan base is indeed delusional, but the national media feeds this by hyping the Fish every preseason as a team to watch.

Anyway — as a fan growing up in the 70s and celebrating the end of that drought, I still despise this franchise more than any other.  Including the Pats***.

I am in my early 40's.  Old enough to have seen a ton of NFL Films on those 70's and 80's teams but too young to have watched it live.  I can't speak to fans aged 50 and beyond, but the ones I've met in their 20s-40s are not only delusional they cant be moved off their opinions, even with logic.  I spent 2014-16 being told Earl Mithcell was not only going to be an All Pro on their team, but he was a future Hall of Famer.  

• Haha (+1) 1

To be fair, Tyreek Hill said Tua was the best he’s ever played with (so better than Mahomes), and we all know Josh is better than Tua, ergo, I’m convinced, confident and confirmed in my opinion that Josh is the best in the league. 🙌

5 hours ago, Neo said:

The OP doesn’t need my help, but nowhere in his post does he claim the article “even hints at that.”

“Speculating with confidence” is a reasonable reading of “Sure.”

Respectfully, all.

Dude is only here for those exact nit picky posts.  Just ignore him