Bills visit with Olympic Gold Medalist Gable Steveson

14 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Could be an interesting FB option, going to be on PS for a year almost guaranteed, no matter where he goes.

going to likely be on the street in September no matter where he goes 

but at the 90th roster spot beane took a swing for a surprise at least I guess 

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He did nothing on NXT… 

Yeah, I think he just didn't have the charisma and showmanship to translate like they wanted. And when you have the same credentials and took the same route as Kurt Angle, you're always going to be compared to that. And he just couldn't hold a candle to Angle, who was INCREDIBLY entertaining.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wppete said:

Beane getting silly now. Marketing stunt at this point. A British rugby player who has never played football before, a lacrosse player and now a wrester…. Get serous Beane! 

As The Jokeman wisely says, Leave no stone unturned...  None of these players cost us much.  And they're all good athletes so there is some slim possibility they amount to something.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

As The Jokeman wisely says, Leave no stone unturned...  None of these players cost us much.  And they're all good athletes so there is some slim possibility they amount to something.  

Also a good marketing gimmick. 

Named after Dan Gable. Imagine being named after a great wrestler and becoming a great wrestler. Your fate was decided from the beginning. You had no say. Your whole life planned out before you even had a say in the matter.

With his destiny already decided, he's obviously NOT going to become a football player.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Beane getting silly now. Marketing stunt at this point. A British rugby player who has never played football before, a lacrosse player and now a wrester…. Get serous Beane! 

Who is the lacrosse player they signed?

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

No stone unturned.

Some should be left alone...

No stone unturned.

No stone unturned.

3 hours ago, Brand J said:

Which position are they considering for him? LB? Doesn’t look big enough to play DL.

EDIT: 6’1” 265lbs, I guess he could try DE.

If 265 is his wrestling weight, I'd guess a couple good sandwiches would get him to 290.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Simon said:

If 265 is his wrestling weight, I'd guess a couple good sandwiches would get him to 290.

I'd think Defensive Tackle. He looks to have the body for it. Probably put on a few more pounds.

Obviously, being a Gold Medalist Heavyweight, he's incredibly athletic. He's also SURPRISINGLY agile.

Screenshot_20240516-210406.jpg

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd think Defensive Tackle. He looks to have the body for it. Probably put on a few more pounds.

Obviously, being a Gold Medalist Heavyweight, he's incredibly athletic. He's also SURPRISINGLY agile.

https://youtu.be/gMr6onaFcNY?si=gDvXs7mOnvBT3216

Screenshot_20240516-210406.jpg

He'd also play with ungodly leverage and tackle like nobody's business.  Honestly, I've heard crazier things.  He's a ridiculous athlete in a sport that translates quite a bit to football.

• Agree 1