How do you feel about the Bills upcoming team/schedule?

its a mini rebuild year IMO.... We are making hard adjustments to be able to re-ante for Allens back 9

With Allen anything is possible, but it will require some significant steps up from the players around him. I need to see them play a bunch before I can tell you which way that will trend

Next year we will have cash to spend and will make a splash or 3, this year making the playoffs would be an acheivement given the roster youth turnover and the need for those new faces to get acclimated in the system

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Gman10 said:

Are we going to have a good year? Do you thinking losing Poyer/Diggs will hurt us badly? Thoughts on our SOS ? 

Yes.

No.

Ask me when the season is done.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like a brutal schedule.  I’m thinking 9-11 wins-  it’ll be a battle to make the playoffs but I think we’ll get in

I’m excited to see how the new blood performs. Could be some rough spots.  Brady calling his playbook.  I love the RB and TE units.  More run.  More 2TE sets.  Not what everyone is hoping for, but it could be what we need (if we can be efficient running)  I’d hope to see Morris involved some too (but not counting on it).  I think he’s an underrated player.   Will be eagerly following the progression of this rookie class.  I really like the players we drafted this season (although Keon wasn’t initially on my wish list), I really like the kid and think he can be a player with 17.  

I like our defense all around minus DE. I hope Bishop starts.  Lacking a pass rusher unless von is old von or Soloman emerges as a beast

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

We are going to have a remarkably good year, strength of teams changes year to year, internal strife, injury, time passing, new players etc, not the least bit concerned about the Bills not winning the AFCE, 

• Like (+1) 3

Posted (edited)

I think predicting the schedule at this point in the year is incredibly difficult, almost to the point of being a meaningless exercise.

As it is, strength of schedule is based off of last year's records, but most teams have between 30 and 40% roster turnover from season to season.

Beyond that, there is so much variability in the health of opposing rosters that it really comes down not to WHO you are playing, but WHEN you are playing them.

Just as an example, let's suppose Tua Tagovailoa and CJ Stroud get hurt and miss several weeks, spanning the period of time when the Bills play the Dolphins and Texans. That takes those games from "coin flip" status to "probable Bills win" status. That's a very simple example, but it's indicative of what I'm talking about.

I've seen years where we have a really "hard" schedule that turns out to be easy, and years where we have a really "easy" schedule that turns out to be hard.

Putting aside the difficulty in finding any meaning in the Bills' schedule at this point in the year, I WILL say that the Bills -- by Beane's own admission -- are in a transition year. A retooling, a mini-reset, whatever you want to call it. The youth and inexperience on this roster likely can't help but cause the Bills to take a step back or two, at least temporarily.

All in all, despite the roster turnover, youth, and POTENTIALLY difficult schedule (that's all I'll concede on that front), I think the presence of Josh Allen at QB and Sean McDermott at coach put the Bills' floor at about 9-10 wins. At the end of the day, I'll predict 11-6 and a Wild Card.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 8, vs. Arizona Cardinals, 1 p.m., CBS

Week 2: Thursday, Sept. 12, at Miami Dolphins, 8:15 p.m., Prime Video

Week 3: Monday, Sept. 23, vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 7:30 p.m., ESPN

Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 29, at Baltimore Ravens, 8:20 p.m., NBC

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 6, at Houston Texans, 1 p.m., CBS

Week 6: Monday, Oct. 14, at New York Jets, 8:15 p.m., ESPN

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 20, vs. Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m., CBS

Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 27, at Seattle Seahawks, 4:05 p.m., FOX

Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 3, vs. Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m., CBS

Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 10, at Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m., CBS

Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 10, vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 4:25 p.m., CBS

Week 12: Bye

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 1, vs. San Francisco 49ers, 8:20 p.m., NBC

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 8, at Los Angeles Rams, 4:25 p.m., FOX

Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 15, at Detroit Lions, 4:25 p.m., CBS

Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 22, vs. New England Patriots, 1 p.m., CBS

Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 29, vs. New York Jets, 1 p.m. CBS

Week 18: Date TBD, at New England Patriots, time and TV channel TBD

• Thank you (+1) 3

I think the health of our team

is going to be critical this year. The reason is, is that it's sort of a rebuild year. I think chemistry in the offseason training camp and preseason will be important.  maybe as much as joshes rookie year. It's a game of skill and luck. We will need both to be on our side early and often this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

Feel pretty good about this schedule. Two tough stretches but two easier spells as well, including the final 3 games. The key to me is the first 6 games:

2-4 = Boned

3-3 = In the game

4-2 = Golden

I see 10 wins for sure, but no more than 11. This is a playoff slate with the only question being a 10-7 WC or 11-6 AFC East Champ. Tiebreakers are going to be huge.