5 most underrated pizzerias in WNY

Steve O

56 minutes ago, Steve O said:

https://wyrk.com/ixp/17/p/underrated-pizza-buffalo-wny/

According to WYRK. Full disclosure, this is a shameless plug for my brother, who owns #1 on the list. But damn, how does he ever expect to get business with that DO NOT ENTER sign in front?

Tell you brother to put some pictures in the gallery on his website. It is odd that the article’s writer chose to include pictures of the outsides of the restaurants rather than of the pizzas. I wanted to see Craft’s so I went to their site, but there are no pictures there either. Or at least none accessible by my iOS phone. Seems like a pretty big oversight. 

29 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Tell you brother to put some pictures in the gallery on his website. It is odd that the article’s writer chose to include pictures of the outsides of the restaurants rather than of the pizzas. I wanted to see Craft’s so I went to their site, but there are no pictures there either. Or at least none accessible by my iOS phone. Seems like a pretty big oversight. 

There's a few inside pictures on the Facebook page but not many. Needs to be updated. His world wide website is totally outdated, probably doesn't even realize he still has it. I'll mention it to him. Sorry about that!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steve O said:

https://wyrk.com/ixp/17/p/underrated-pizza-buffalo-wny/

According to WYRK. Full disclosure, this is a shameless plug for my brother, who owns #1 on the list. But damn, how does he ever expect to get business with that DO NOT ENTER sign in front?

I live in the Falls and I had no idea the Craft was anything, but a bar. Will definitely check it out.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I didn't know Casa di Pizza was underrated.  Is it still good after they moved off Elmwood?

They have/had one outside of Sarasota, FL and I loved it!  It was a special treat for me and especially the family when they were in town. 

Posted (edited)

Santora's Pizza drive-in is ridiculously expensive and inconsistent.  When good, it's great and worth it.  When off, it's a rip-off.  I prefer Papa's Pizza Oven, One Pie, Brooklyn's Finest and PIzza Heist in the Lancaster/Elma/Depew area.

Edited by Mark80

18 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Santora's Pizza drive-in is ridiculously expensive and inconsistent.  When good, it's great and worth it.  When off, it's a rip-off.  I prefer Papa's Pizza Oven, One Pie, Brooklyn's Finest and PIzza Heist in the Lancaster/Elma/Depew area.

Is Santora's the place right near the entrance to SUNY Buffalo? There used to be a pub right near it that I thought was great but they closed. Either way, the pizza place I am talking about was surprisingly good.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I grew up in West Seneca, and we moved to New England when I was in 5th grade.  I took an old girlfriend to Buffalo for the 51-3 Raiders game.  We got in town Friday, and first thing I grabbed a pizza from Santoras and some Genesse Cream Ale to show my girl the Buffalo experience.  “This pizza was my favorite when I was a kid. It’s such awesome pizza.”  I was saying to my Connecticut girlfriend, who was used to New Haven Style Pizza(the best).    We got to our hotel room, dug into the pizza- and it was awful!  We threw it out and went for dinner lol. Santoras was no where as good as I remembered it

Edited by Pete

On 5/16/2024 at 6:36 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Is Santora's the place right near the entrance to SUNY Buffalo? There used to be a pub right near it that I thought was great but they closed. Either way, the pizza place I am talking about was surprisingly good.

That was a different, unaffiliated location.  That one was affiliated with the one in Amherst near Transit lanes.  The one I am referring to is in Depew/Elma on Transit Rd.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/16/2024 at 5:40 AM, Pete said:

I grew up in West Seneca, and we moved to New England when I was in 5th grade.  I took an old girlfriend to Buffalo for the 51-3 Raiders game.  We got in town Friday, and first thing I grabbed a pizza from Santoras and some Genesse Cream Ale to show my girl the Buffalo experience.  “This pizza was my favorite when I was a kid. It’s such awesome pizza.”  I was saying to my Connecticut girlfriend, who was used to New Haven Style Pizza(the best).    We got to our hotel room, dug into the pizza- and it was awful!  We threw it out and went for dinner lol. Santoras was no where as good as I remembered it

You got uppity that's why!

😆🤣

It happened to me with all-beef hotdogs.

On 5/16/2024 at 6:40 AM, Pete said:

It's because your girlfriend made you uppity lol

Everybody has opinions on what they like and don't like

Western NY is one of the worst pizza markets in the country.  I love the city and the Bills but man the pizza sucks.  

I won't eat local WNY style pizza, only NY style pizza places that are nearby my AirBNB.  

Buffalo pizza is too much dough and not enough sauce.  It's yuck.

Also, buffalo sauce is not that good....it's aight.  Give me lemon pepper or garlic parmesan....I had cracked pepper and sea salt last night and it was great.  

giphy.gif

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Western NY is one of the worst pizza markets in the country.  I love the city and the Bills but man the pizza sucks.  

I won't eat local WNY style pizza, only NY style pizza places that are nearby my AirBNB.  

Also, buffalo sauce is not that good....it's aight.  Give me lemon pepper or garlic parmesan....I had cracked pepper and sea salt last night and it was great.  

giphy.gif

You're dead to me

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

You're dead to me

Snobby peeps! 😉 

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

NY pizza sucks. Chicago thin crust is better. And that's pretty bad. 

Why da ***** would you fold it, just make it thicker. 😏 

On 5/16/2024 at 6:36 AM, Bill from NYC said:

One of my friends was close with a Santora kid so we spent some time together. I always really liked their pizza, but we might not have been paying for it which always makes it better!  I thought this was on Main St in Williamsville, but that was a long time ago.