Buffalo Bills Schedule Discussion / Prediction Thread

Hotels are on to us pre-booking rooms before the schedule announcement.  Where I usually (Holiday Inn Express, Hamburg) stay it's $450/night the first two weekends in September.  

• Angry 3

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

I think people are overvaluing the HOU game a bit. For years people said KC BUF is a guaranteed night game, yet the last two years were the national 4:25 game. Not saying it can't be a primetime game (I have below), but I feel like every season we have a few games we think are at night like KC/PHI last year.... and then we end up hosting DEN/NYG/TB and those two move to the national Sunday window.

image.png.d2bf8df8740043e70a4d9095f826c594.png

MNF is a way to get Houston and Stroud on primetime with a legitimate opponent.  AFC South divisional games aren't good for ratings and so the Texans' primetime options are already limited.  I think it has a very good chance for primetime.  TNF is definitely a possibility though.

I think the Chiefs game ends up in the 4:25 CBS slot in late Oct/early Nov unless the NFL strong-arms CBS into passing on that game.  NBC hasn't had that match up for a while and I don't think ESPN has ever had it since it became Mahomes vs. Allen.

I would personally love to have the Seattle game in the late window early in the season, living about a 30 minute drive away from Lumen Field.  Knowing my luck, this ends up as Thursday Night Football in early December, in the middle of a pineapple express downpour at 45 degrees.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Hotels are on to us pre-booking rooms before the schedule announcement.  Where I usually (Holiday Inn Express, Hamburg) stay it's $450/night the first two weekends in September.  

Bills games are generally a really good use of hotel points.  I tend to stay at the Hampton in East Aurora - their points rate in prior years has been 40k Hilton points and it is fully refundable until the night before.  The cash rates are $400+.

1 cent per Hilton point is amazing value.  They are usually about a half cent.

15 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

i'm booking RR tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Bills games are generally a really good use of hotel points.  I tend to stay at the Hampton in East Aurora - their points rate in prior years has been 40k Hilton points and it is fully refundable until the night before.  The cash rates are $400+.

1 cent per Hilton point is amazing value.  They are usually about a half cent.

I use point also, typically points+cash.  Even using points, the HIE is over 52,000/night.  

6 hours ago, Putin said:

This is a brutal schedule 

People say this every year. The Bills get a first place schedule. It is tough every year and will continue to be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

People say this every year. The Bills get a first place schedule. It is tough every year and will continue to be.

Agree but it seems like every year it gets tougher and tougher 

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

I remember like 2006 or 2007 the schedule just came out non descript and WGR afternoon show had the fun idea of fans calling in to go through and predict the schedule win or loss. I got the Vikings game and called some stupid blowout like 30-10. The Bills actually did beat MIN that game but it was 17-12 lol.

Growing up in the Adirondacks 80s/90s  I had little to zero Bills coverage other than Shout! magazine (which always came a week late) and whatever I'd cut out of the school library newspaper and bring home with me so I could read it 5 times through.  That's how it all started for me with this team!

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

Two Thursday games. I hope not. Playing 2 football games within 4 days is rough. To have to do that twice in the same season is brutal.

Bye weeks, but I get it, I just think Buffalo Detroit makes too much sense on Thanksgiving, plus you could do the NE VS. BUF Thursday night the week before 

Posted (edited)

Think of all the fans of opposing teams seeing the Bills on their schedule and getting a sinking feeling in their stomach. It would be a nightmare facing Josh Allen. He could just as easily break off a 75 yard run as he could a 75 yard bomb through the air. He can also stiff arm your defensive tackle or just as easily dive over all of your linemen on 4th and goal. Horrifying 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Seems we say this every year though.

Yep, every freaking year we hear the same thing.

They will find a way to win 11+ games like they always do, but, HOPEFULLY, a better end result in 2024/25.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

Bye weeks, but I get it, I just think Buffalo Detroit makes too much sense on Thanksgiving, plus you could do the NE VS. BUF Thursday night the week before 

Doubt it, since they just played them 2 years ago on Thanksgiving.  

Bills vs. Lions game highlights | Thanksgiving 2022 (buffalobills.com)

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Doubt it, since they just played them 2 years ago on Thanksgiving.  

Bills vs. Lions game highlights | Thanksgiving 2022 (buffalobills.com)

that is why it is likely.  The Bills Lions are two teams fans care about.  Houston and Dallas also and especially with the Diggs brother scenario on turkey day.  Dallas plays washington seemingly every third year on turkey day.  If the bills don't play in detroit Green Bay Detroit would be the other likely option.

Bills-lions, Texans at Cowboys then the following thursday Bills at Houston makes a lot of sense to me.

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Thats what we said last year, then the season happened, and perspectives changed. 

Jets - Rodgers injured

Raiders - Meh

Commanders - Meh

Dolphins - Squished

Jaguars - Ok

Giants - Meh

Patriots - Meh

Bucs - Meh

Bengals - Burrow injured

Broncos - Meh

Jets - Meh

Eagles - Good

Chiefs - Good

Cowboys - Meh

Chargers - Herbert injured

Patriots - Meh

Dolphins - Squished

I believe Burrow played in that game.   I think got hurt the following week.