Buffalo Bills Schedule Discussion / Prediction Thread

21 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Taylor Swift in Toronto on Nov. 14th to 16th and Chiefs play Buffalo on the 17th. That is not a ***** coincidence. The NFL is totally *****

Wonder how many of their other games happen to occur around same time she is in tour

Did i see that right on the schedule?!?...........the last 3 games are NE, Jets and NE?

Like, wtf kind of scheduling is that? You would think they would spread the conference games out a little bit.

I like when we play divisional opponents for the opener and the finale, especially when the division title could be on the line.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/6/2024 at 9:14 AM, Putin said:

This is a brutal schedule 

Everyone always says how brutal the schedule is when it’s first released.   In May a first place schedule always looks so much harder than it is in actuality.   People said the same exact thing last season.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Probably because the Bills are 11-1 in the last 12 against the Dolphins.

The outcomes in 2019, 2020 etc are completely irrelevant to 2024

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

i think a major advantage the Chiefs took into their Playoff game against the Bills was that they were able to rest players in the meaningless season finale and then had a much easier wildcard game against the Dolphins … whilst the Bills had been in must win games for over a month …and had to slug it out against the physical Steelers …

I actually like things a bit more low key to end the regular season…rather than must win games against the big boys … Im not going to take those Jets for granted either .. they always save their best for the Bills …on the D anyway ..,

I am just amazed, though, that after last year’s finish and last year’s entire run, Miami at Buffalo wouldn’t be at least in the last two weeks of the season.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the Bills can go toe to toe with any team in this league. There is absolutely no team in the NFL that gives me pause in my thought of that either.

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

The outcomes in 2019, 2020 etc are completely irrelevant to 2024

What the Pats did to us for a 20+ game period irrelevant?

What the Steelers did to the Browns in a 20+ game period irrelevant?

What the Packers did to the Bears for a 20+ game period irrelevant?

It's not irrelevant when you have a QB at the level of Josh Allen and the other team doesn't.

What was the common theme above?  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What the Pats did to us for a 20+ game period irrelevant?

What the Steelers did to the Browns in a 20+ game period irrelevant?

What the Packers did to the Bears for a 20+ game period irrelevant?

It's not irrelevant when you have a QB at the level of Josh Allen and the other team doesn't.

What was the common theme above?  

Yes it is lol.

The common theme above is that the pats had Tom Brady while the bills had guys like Kyle orton and fitz.

The Steelers had Big Ben and how

Many Brandon Weeden QBs for the browns?

The packers had A rod and the bears had who, Jay cutler as the best?

If you want to make some sort of sample size to this dolphins then look at the last 2 seasons under McDaniel and Tua.

What Miami did against Josh Allen with Flores and Ryan Fitzpatrick has 0 relevance.

Bills are 3-1 against Miami in the last 2 years against McDaniel/Tua. (Not including the close game against Skylar Thompson in the playoffs)

2022 at Miami loss

2022- Game winning FG to win 

2023- Blowout win

2023 at Miami- close win against a banged up Miami team with the help of a punt return TD.

So from that sample size ^, what makes you think it's going to be an "easy" game?

24 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Yes it is lol.

The common theme above is that the pats had Tom Brady while the bills had guys like Kyle orton and fitz.

The Steelers had Big Ben and how

Many Brandon Weeden QBs for the browns?

The packers had A rod and the bears had who, Jay cutler as the best?

If you want to make some sort of sample size to this dolphins then look at the last 2 seasons under McDaniel and Tua.

What Miami did against Josh Allen with Flores and Ryan Fitzpatrick has 0 relevance.

Bills are 3-1 against Miami in the last 2 years against McDaniel/Tua. (Not including the close game against Skylar Thompson in the playoffs)

2022 at Miami loss (Since you didn't provide an explanation like you did with our wins....we were missing almost half our starters and Allen missed a wide open McKenzie on the last play)

2022- Game winning FG to win 

2023- Blowout win

2023 at Miami- close win against a banged up Miami team with the help of a punt return TD.

So from that sample size ^, what makes you think it's going to be an "easy" game?

I didn't say it's going to be an easy game.  I was just giving you the reasons why fans are confident against the Dolphins.

The common in those losing streaks is the Bills, Bears and Browns didn't have franchise QB's just like the Dolphins now.

Fine.  The Bills have outscored the Dolphins 156-113 under McDaniel.  McDaniel's high powered offense is scoring on average of 22 points per game against us.

5 hours ago, BananaB said:

Taylor Swift in Toronto on Nov. 14th to 16th and Chiefs play Buffalo on the 17th. That is not a ***** coincidence. The NFL is totally *****

Taylor Derangement Syndrome has really affected some of yall

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't say it's going to be an easy game.  I was just giving you the reasons why fans are confident against the Dolphins.

The common in those losing streaks is the Bills, Bears and Browns didn't have franchise QB's just like the Dolphins now.

Fine.  The Bills have outscored the Dolphins 156-113 under McDaniel.  McDaniel's high powered offense is scoring on average of 22 points per game against us.

That's totally fair, I'm not saying "fear " Miami.

The original comment I responded too was him saying it was going to be an "easy" game.

There is just no way I agree with that.

4 out of the 5 games against McDaniel (including the playoff game) have been one score games which came down to the last possession 

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Taylor Derangement Syndrome has really affected some of yall

It’s has jacked my price up getting to that game. Gotta fly into Toronto. 

Can't say it was done on purpose, but seems like several of the elite AFC matchups will take place earlier than mid-season.  I feel like the NFL is trying to avoid having the big teams playing against each other late season then again a week or two later.  One exception is Bills/KC week 11.  But as has been pointed out,  Taylor Swift plays in Toronto a day or two earlier so that timing is probably orchestrated by the NFL to have her in Orchard Park for that game.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Can't say it was done on purpose, but seems like several of the elite AFC matchups will take place earlier than mid-season.  I feel like the NFL is trying to avoid having the big teams playing against each other late season then again a week or two later.  One exception is Bills/KC week 11.  But as has been pointed out,  Taylor Swift plays in Toronto a day or two earlier so that timing is probably orchestrated by the NFL to have her in Orchard Park for that game.

It is very weird they did that.

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 6:11 AM, Xwnyer said:

Wonder how many of their other games happen to occur around same time she is in tour

Five.  I did the "deep" dive into the Google to find her tour dates...

Tour US - Taylor Swift

Tour International - Taylor Swift

Chiefs Schedule | Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs.com

Sunday, October 20th - Taylor is in Miami, Travis is in San Fransico

Sunday, October 27th - Taylor is in New Orleans, Travis is in Las Vegas

Sunday, November 3rd - Taylor is in Indianapolis

Monday, November 4th - Travis is in Tampa Bay

Saturday, November 16th - Taylor is in Toronto

Sunday, November 17th - Travis is in Buffalo

Sunday, December 8th - Taylor is in Vancouver, Travis is in Los Angeles (Chargers)

So out of 17 games, not counting pre-season, there's only three that she should not be at.  

Edited by Just Jack