Buffalo Bills Schedule Discussion / Prediction Thread

Like one person wrote, I was thinking NE @ home @ 1 pm for the opener.  I'd love that as our first game.  My hunch is division rival at home.  If not NE, then maybe Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

I posted this in another thread last week, but I met a guy recently who saw me wearing my Bills lanyard at work and started talking football. Turns out he is a Lions fan, and he seemed quite confident that he heard Bills @ Lions would be the opening week game. No idea where or how he could have heard this. I don't see it happening, but if it does, I'm going to have to find this guy again and ask him about the next Powerball.

7 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Did I hear something about being on Thanksgiving again at home 3rd game

Is the "Black Friday" game the day after Thanksgiving going to be a regular thing now. The Dolphins and Jets played it last year. If it is I could see Bills playing in that as well.

• Like (+1) 1

We will open in division. I can see the Jets or New England in Buffalo or New England or Miami on the road. 

I hope its fewer prime time games though I expect not. As someone this side of the pond for whom prime time means taking at least half a day's leave afterwards they are a real pain. 

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Not buying it. It's always the 2nd Thursday of May. I'm expecting May 9th for the schedule and it will probably be announced either today or tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Is the "Black Friday" game the day after Thanksgiving going to be a regular thing now. The Dolphins and Jets played it last year. If it is I could see Bills playing in that as well.

yep I’m almost positive they said that would be a permanent fixture going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

I think people are overvaluing the HOU game a bit. For years people said KC BUF is a guaranteed night game, yet the last two years were the national 4:25 game. Not saying it can't be a primetime game (I have below), but I feel like every season we have a few games we think are at night like KC/PHI last year.... and then we end up hosting DEN/NYG/TB and those two move to the national Sunday window.

image.png.d2bf8df8740043e70a4d9095f826c594.png

Week 1 mnf @ Houston

11 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I think people are overvaluing the HOU game a bit. For years people said KC BUF is a guaranteed night game, yet the last two years were the national 4:25 game. Not saying it can't be a primetime game (I have below), but I feel like every season we have a few games we think are at night like KC/PHI last year.... and then we end up hosting DEN/NYG/TB and those two move to the national Sunday window.

image.png.d2bf8df8740043e70a4d9095f826c594.png

And that’s to be expected, but many of our primetime games are often vs big opponents.  Every big game can’t be primetime.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Buffalo @ Miami ... Sunday 1:00 PM.

Prime time

Buf @ Det

Buf @ NYJ

Buf @ Hou

Buf vs KC

Buf vs SF

Will the Bills have to give away another home game vs Jax in London again ?

The fallacy that going to London destroyed the Bills season is another urban myth that apparently will be remembered as long as the Flutie v Rob Johnson debate. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Bills will host Chiefs on Christmas Day 

I'm secretly rooting for KC to win that game....because it means we'll then beat them in the playoffs 😂

at least that's how the trend has been 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The fallacy that going to London destroyed the Bills season is another urban myth that apparently will be remembered as long as the Flutie v Rob Johnson debate. 

We should have gone there on Monday or Tuesday so the entire team could have had fun experiences seeing the city and acclimating their bodies to time change, etc

instead the "sports science" guys wanted a Red eye on Thurs-Fri.......

is it a coincidence that Milano and DaQuan both suffered bad injuries?  Maybe.

But, the team was NOT ready to play and IMO it was the scheduling aspect from the team that caused it 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, H2o said:

image.thumb.png.aadc6ad6458476d448bd73be0815514e.png

Tough schedule this year. Tough. 

I think we get 5 prime time games. 

Bills vs. Texans

Bills vs. Chiefs

Bills vs. Jets (likely @ NJ)

Bills vs. Lions

Bills vs. 49ers

I think our week 1 matchup is within our division again, but this time against Miami in Buffalo. 

I could see a scenario where Buffalo plays at Detroit on thanksgiving while Houston plays at Dallas on thanksgiving...then the following week Buffalo at houston.

normally the last few years they have done this with Dallas....sending them on the road the following thursday...

so maybe it changes this year or Buffalo plays at Houston on the thursday before thanksgiving.

19 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Those were the days

I remember like 2006 or 2007 the schedule just came out non descript and WGR afternoon show had the fun idea of fans calling in to go through and predict the schedule win or loss. I got the Vikings game and called some stupid blowout like 30-10. The Bills actually did beat MIN that game but it was 17-12 lol.