Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

On 5/6/2024 at 11:32 PM, GoBills! said:

Rapp the human missile would be a scary ending for worthy. Rapp has no regards to head or flying in off his feet for the kill.  

so small Rapp will miss and kill a teammate 

the true plan is revealed 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

On 5/7/2024 at 11:23 PM, Warcodered said:

Every rookie QB has a ton of coverage of what they're doing to improve in their first couple years in the NFL.

That's just not true. Some do and some don't.

Some people talk about this and some don't. Josh did videos during those years where he was interviewed with Palmer and specifically addressed what he was working on improving. Plenty of QBs don't do anything like that.

Questions are generally asked at some point, but there are plenty of ways of answering while not answering, or just being real general about it. "I'm working hard out in California. In my playbook every day," for example.

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's just not true. Some do and some don't.

Some people talk about this and some don't. Josh did videos during those years where he was interviewed with Palmer and specifically addressed what he was working on improving. Plenty of QBs don't do anything like that.

Questions are generally asked at some point, but there are plenty of ways of answering while not answering, or just being real general about it. "I'm working hard out in California. In my playbook every day," for example.

I highly doubt this is true, Josh came in through the draft process as a guy who needed to improve on his mechanics, he marketed himself as someone who would sure that's part of it. But teams and media are always extremely interested in what these young QBs do starting out.

If Josh got more attention it's a combination of him being a project and the fact that it ***** worked. Nobody cares about who Josh Rosen worked with in offseason after a year or two. Have we not seen stories covering the Texans QB working out in the offseason?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I never root for anyone to be injured. But this is the NFL and time will tell how he can hold up. 

Remember when we had Marquise Goodwin?  drafted in the third round in 2013 but  then his body went splat. 🙂 I remember wanting he to succeed with the Bills. 

In 2014, hobbled by numerous injuries (concussion, ankle, ribs, and hamstring), Goodwin caught only one pass for 42 yards, which came against the Detroit Lions.

After missing five games with broken ribs, Goodwin posted two receptions for 24 yards in the 2015 season

17 hours ago, NoSaint said:

so small Rapp will miss and kill a teammate 

the true plan is revealed 

I just got a flashback of Edmunds closing his eyes and bending Dane Jackson in two a few years back. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I just got a flashback of Edmunds closing his eyes and bending Dane Jackson in two a few years back. 

and he was perfectly fine after a little ambulance trip to get checked out for the injury we figured he must have after that horrifying display of forced flexibility, Hyde took a little tap out the rest of the season with a terrifying neck injury.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and he was perfectly fine after a little ambulance trip to get checked out for the injury we figured he must have after that horrifying display of forced flexibility, Hyde took a little tap out the rest of the season with a terrifying neck injury.

In the infamous words of the Douggernaut.

”I don’t think humans are supposed to play football.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

The cervical spine is no joke. Cervical spine injuries are super serious and can cause all sorts of issues all over the body. 

The amount we don't know about the human brain and nervous system is insane. For reference, we have been using anesthesia for nearly 200 years and we just figured out how/why it works in the last 5-10. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The Chiefs seem to be facing a lot of offseason issues. Does anyone think this impacts their chances to win in 2024?

No. 

itll just be used to bolster the annoying “chiefs winning despite such adversity” bs. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

No. 

itll just be used to bolster the annoying “chiefs winning despite such adversity” bs. 

Do you think if the Bills first round draft pick had already had an injury,  would we be seeing excuses for why the Bills can't win it all in 2024? 

the older i get i sometimes think to myself how unfortunate it is for these guys to be banged up and injured only to never contribute to their teams success.

but, i'm still not stupid yet so ***** the chiefs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The concerns about Worthy being able to "hold up" are very legit. People though Zay Flowers was a bit small and Flowers was at time of combine 17 pounds heavier and 2 inches shorter. Flowers was also slower having run a fast but not insanely fast 4.42 40 time. Worthy is very thin and runs insanely fast. Tyreke Hill ran a 4.29 40 and was 183 pounds and just under 5 foot 9. Compared to Worthy whose 5 foot 11 and 165 who runs a 4.21 40 time. 

Don't get me wrong I see why Worthy went round 1. He's not only has that insane speed but he's produced well at the college level. He's had 3 seasons of very strong production at a very strong college program. He also is just 21 and hasn't had any injury history (unlike John Ross who had only 1 really productive college season and was hurt a lot in college) but staying healthy in the NFL is hard for anyone let along someone with that speed and body type. 

KC made a smart play taking a chance on Worthy, they have a chance on a real "home run" pick in the late 1st round. But it is going to come down to can he stay healthy and develop a little more of his range other than just being a speedy guy. 

I do like the Coleman pick better for the Bills not only for the tremendous value the two trade downs provided in terms of improving the Bills draft position in rounds 3, 5 and 6 but also I think Coleman has a potential to be an Anquan Boldin type steal. Boldin was downgraded because he ran a slow 40 time. He had two very productive college season esp his junior season and he had a very strong skillset but teams couldn't overlook the 4.71 40 time. Coleman's 4.61 40 similarly sank people on his value as not a great separator (despite the fact that he ran a solid 4.53 at his pro-day and his other speed tests were great). I think people also sleeping on him because his college production while good wasn't eye popping but ignoring his rather bad QB play. 

• Like (+1) 4

On 5/17/2024 at 10:22 PM, Chaos said:

Do you think if the Bills first round draft pick had already had an injury,  would we be seeing excuses for why the Bills can't win it all in 2024? 

No. I think we would be seeing questions raised about how the Bills acquired a first-round draft pick without anyone noticing.

• Haha (+1) 1