OBJ To Miami

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Dolphins are banking on home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If they get that they're very very dangerous.  If they have to go on the road to KC, buffalo, cincy,  any of the tough cold weather places, they're screwed

I agree complete but they lost to the Bills the week before at home. They were 0-5 against the top 3 seeds of the AFC last year. Their best chance was the year before last but Tua got hurt. If Hill gets hurt their offense becomes average

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Fortunately for them, there's enough bad teams to carry them to the playoffs. It took an epic collapse at the end to lose the division last year. 

Even our own defense hasn't proven they can stop elite QBs either (especially not in the playoffs). That's why I've wanted the Bills to stop investing so many resources into D & go all in on just trying to overwhelm with offense. 

If we can't shut down (or even contain) Burrow or Mahomes in the playoffs, we need to be able to out gun them. Dolphins seem to think the same thing, only their QB isn't as good as ours.

It wasn’t really an ‘epic collapse’ imo.    They just had a prolonged layup game period on the schedule then a tough stretch and fell on their face in the tough stretch same as the year before.  Won one game they could’ve lost against Dallas and blew one game against a bad team against tennessee.    If you reshuffled their schedule you’d probably get the same exact result with them never looking like they’re running away with it 

im on the other side of the defense thing but im sure im in the minority haha. I think if we had one of Bernard/milano in place of aj klein that chiefs game is a comfortable win 

I do think investing in a bunch of pretty good dlinemen is stupid though with the way they have been officiating the playoffs.  The amount of uncalled OL holding is out of control so unless you have a beast that’s fighting through that it just isn’t worth it.  Seems like we’re adding bigger body receivers to fight through that grabby chiefs secondary/add more run blocking support this year 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

Florida is where you go to maximize your last contract.   

This is a retirement plan.  

So don’t fret over “why couldn’t we do this?”

Because we have taxes and 8 months of winter.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

This how you know a fan is jaded.

Bills go on a great run and take the division when it looked bleak.  2.5 games behind with like 6 games to go?

Not a great run by the Bills....it was a miracle and Miami SHOULD have won it. 

Miami lost to Tennessee despite being up 14 with less than 5 minutes in the game.  At Home. On MNF.  They lost that 14 point lead, and STILL got the ball back with 1:49 left.  2 chances to either ice it, or drive into FG range to win it.  

Buffalo winning 4 games to make it a win and in game isn't some massive miracle.  They played the chargers and patriots with Stick and Zappe and honestly played pretty crappy in both games and won.  

Miami is to me?  A fast team with a good offense, but they're soft and reliant upon game script and home field advantage.  Tua had 20 of 29 TDs in the first half of games.  He also threw more picks, was sacked more, and fumbled more on the road.  Then just... the nature of their road losses - Beatdown in buffalo, beatdown in philly, beatdown in baltimore, beatdown in the KC playoff game.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This how you know a fan is jaded.

Bills go on a great run and take the division when it looked bleak.  2.5 games behind with like 6 games to go?

Not a great run by the Bills....it was a miracle and Miami SHOULD have won it. 

It’s all a scheduling mirage with Miami…they always have like a 6 week run in the middle of a season that’s an absolute joke I just don’t understand it.  They build an artificial lead then come crashing down when they hit a tough part of the schedule.  

feels like they should be better because they lost a bunch of games to close out the season but I think 10-11 wins for them was exactly right 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

This isn’t even really about Miami.  

Those saying, “is OBJ the type of signing we really want for our WR room?”

Maybe, maybe not ….

We just don’t want Mack Hollins as our WR4.   For a team with Super Bowl aspirations, that shouldn’t be too much to ask for. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

As per Ian Rappaport 

1 year, up to $8.25 million 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6guRLsuEfg/?igsh=emJmbXN5MTc4Zmwy

It's the base, not the "up to" that I'll be wanting to see.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

This is a very expensive 35 catches, 565 yards, and 3 TD's over 14 games. 

Maybe OBJ has one or two more 1k years left in him, but he is running on fumes. 

If he's got a 1k year left in him, when is it going to emerge?

It's been in there incubating since 2019, while he's been chugging along at 35-45 catches for 500-ish yards since Cleveland

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Back to hearing how Lamar has no weapons..

Real talk, Miami should be really good this year.

Miami gets it! 

Love their approach.  If we could just swap coaching staffs, we'd be a much more serious contender than we are.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Dolphins are banking on home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If they get that they're very very dangerous.  If they have to go on the road to KC, buffalo, cincy,  any of the tough cold weather places, they're screwed

They're a good home team, and OBJ helps their WR depth which was exposed when waddle missed the last few games.  

On the other hand, their defense is going to be bad imo.  Phillips is coming back from an achilles, Chubb from an ACL.  You can't realistically expect them to just step on the field and be 100%, and I'm also They signed Barrett who is still a good player but also tore his achilles in the last 2 seasons.  And a rookie.  Sieler is solid, but Wilkins was the engine that made that defense go and he is gone.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Until Miami can beat winning teams on a regular basis they won't be hosting a playoff game anytime soon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Miami gets it! 

Love their approach.  If we could just swap coaching staffs, we'd be a much more serious contender than we are.

Do they though?

They were in contact with Beckham a while before the draft. They reportedly offered him a contract then. After meeting with them 31 other teams had the opportunity to sign him at what appears to be a severely reduced rate from what he was making in years past. Yet there he was not scooped up. Kind of tells me where the league views him as a player. He's past the "hot commodity" prime and on to signing on the same day as the Chase Claypools of the world. 

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

If Claypool comes in with a mature attitude and Josh can actually hit someone with speed for once, maybe we will have another weapon. If not, we fine bruh!!!

ac712b6f847f98268ae24b0df295bbbe.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's the base, not the "up to" that I'll be wanting to see.

If he's got a 1k year left in him, when is it going to emerge?

It's been in there incubating since 2019, while he's been chugging along at 35-45 catches for 500-ish yards since Cleveland

I was trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. LOL.  But I generally agree the dude is done. 

2 hours ago, Mango said:

This is a very expensive 35 catches, 565 yards, and 3 TD's over 14 games. 

Maybe OBJ has one or two more 1k years left in him, but he is running on fumes. 

Could be, but at WR 3 I'd guess those days are behind him. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Miami gets it! 

Garbage QB, garbage defense, signed a washed 32yo WR. Love it. What an approach. This is their year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Miami gets it! 

Their coach is massively overrated imo.  They seem to consistently play their worst football in December and January, and just in the 2nd half of games for that matter.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

The only thing scary about the Dolphins is Tyreek. Tua may have thrown for more yards than Allen but Allen had more total TDs, don’t know if he had more total yards but my point is, outside of Hill, nothing on that team, especially their defense scares anyone

They have a good stable of running backs but their OL can't stay healthy.