Bills sign Chase Claypool, Smoot, Jones

Posted (edited)

Chase Claypool.  lol.  What a waste of a physical being. I don’t hate that we brought him in based on traits, but I don’t think he or any of these 3 makes the team.  Experienced vets that can push the kids… except Claypool.  He brings nothing to the table. 

edit- I think Smoot has a chance to be the new Shaq Lawson, but more likely a potential ps guy they bring up for injury. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

Hmm this is something at least. My worry is that it means the Bills are done with the WR room though. They are seemingly betting on one of Hamler or Claypool to restore their careers here with no backup plan in place.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Art in PNS said:

Not a Chase claypool fan but if he’s reversed his rectal cranial inversion , maybe he’s ready to play up to I his skill level . If not he won’t make it to the first cut 

There's only one cut day now

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Hmm this is something at least. My worry is that it means the Bills are done with the WR room though. They are seemingly betting on one of Hamler or Claypool to restore their careers here with no backup plan in place.

I hope that's not the case. Claypool has been a problem pretty much everywhere. Well, maybe not Miami, but only because he was a non-entity there. 

Low risk move.  Has the tools that if he puts it together can be more than camp body.  Played special teams the last few years so a strong contestant to be the 5th or 6th wr.  Honestly, I will take MapleTron over a late day 3 pick at wr. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

We have money freeing up on 6/1, which I figured would be used on either WR or DE … Bringing in Claypool and Smoot is interesting as to whether it has any bearing on my assumption for either position. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Chase Claypool.  lol.  What a waste of a physical being. I don’t hate that we brought him in based on traits, but I don’t think he or any of these 3 makes the team.  Experienced vets that can push the kids… except Claypool.  He brings nothing to the table. 

Disagree - I think Smoot and Jones (Klein playing in playoffs last year) have a really good chance. Claypool would be a pure X receiver (something we don't have) if he comes in and isn't an assclown.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sweats said:

Maybe all he needs is a change of atmosphere and a change of culture.........what the hell do i know?

Change of planet???

• Haha (+1) 1