Tim Graham article on Kim Pegula and Bills ownership

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Why?  The man's life has changed totally in two years.  In such situations, some people reevaluate what's important to them.  Happens often.  I wasn't making a prediction, but under these circumstances, anything is possible.  

Now that the stadium is a done deal, I can see him selling and just focusing on the Sabres.

10 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

What does it technically mean to be legally incapacitated? Does she have any hope for recovery?

A lack of physical or mental/cognitive ability that results in a person's inability to manage their own personal care, property, or finances. A lack of ability to understand one's actions when making a will or other legal document.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is an absolutely terrible situation. We may have our differences with the way the team is run on and off the field, but at the end of the day, the Buffalo Bills are still our team. Kim Pegula has played a major role in keeping the team in Buffalo, despite the fact that many of us have left the region. It's hard to express my condolences for the state she's currently in.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

So sad that happened to Mrs. Pegula.  She was poised for greatness especially with NFL push on diversity and inclusion.  Smart, attractive, female, asian, natural leader, articulate, driven, diligent.  Still praying for her to come back.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Now that the stadium is a done deal, I can see him selling and just focusing on the Sabres.

The Sabres are a dumpster fire. The Bills are one of the best run franchises in the sport. I don’t see him selling the Bills but I do see him getting out of hockey. 

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just signed up for Athletic account. Read the article and the sneaky last paragraph of that story. 

“Terry, who also serves as CEO and president of the Bills and Sabres, has neither granted an interview nor taken questions at a news conference since naming Kevyn Adams the Sabres’ general manager in June 2020. Terry hasn’t answered Bills-related questions since the March 2019 owners’ meetings.”

Complete supposition and alarmist reporting. 

I guess that’s why he doesn’t want to share ideas with us. No first-hand info. 

I am the victim of clickbait. 

Didn’t Terry literally just speak at the press conference introducing Lindy Ruff? Idk if he took questions from the press (and honestly, why would he?).

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Didn’t Terry literally just speak at the press conference introducing Lindy Ruff? Idk if he took questions from the press (and honestly, why would he?).

Timmy may have skipped that fact. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Sabres are a dumpster fire. The Bills are one of the best run franchises in the sport. I don’t see him selling the Bills but I do see him getting out of hockey. 

How can the same owner run one of the best franchises in football while at the same time run one of the worst in hockey? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, nucci said:

How can the same owner run one of the best franchises in football while at the same time run one of the worst in hockey? 

Well it's the QB.

Just like Josh makes it "one of the best franchises in football"...

If we would have drafted the Wrong Josh like TBD wanted this regime would have been fired years ago. 

Edit: lol not to be a reminder, but it was one of the worst franchises in the 15 years before Josh.

Edited by QCity
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Disagree. While it's true the Sabres have been out of the playoffs for ages I think they may be turning the corner and have collected a lot of young talent. KA isn't perfect but in all honesty given the difficulty of drafting 17-18 year olds he's not done bad. I know people here love Beane  and I like him as well but I'm not convinced going forward the next few years the Sabres will finally get it together. The Bills may take step back as they regroup.

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

As long as he stays in the background and just write checks, so be it.

10 hours ago, Beast said:

He is VERY involved with the Bills. He is on the road with them wherever they go. He absolutely loves the lifestyle of being an NFL owner.

How is that wanting to be front and center? The guy has a vested interest in his team, why would he not be at the games. Jerry Jones on the other hand....

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Kim was going to do huge things in the NFL and for Women in the league. 

9 hours ago, QB Bills said:

What does it technically mean to be legally incapacitated? Does she have any hope for recovery?

her heart stopped for a considerable amount of time. So without knowing 100% all the facts I would say she has suffered permanent brain damage

Edited by ddaryl
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, nucci said:

Got lucky hiring the right front office, and got lucky drafting Allen. I think a 3rd party firm actually did the hiring search for McDermott after Rex Ryan flopped. His hires outside of that between both franchises have mostly been duds.

Imagine if the Sabres hired a top-10 rookie head coach/GM combo, and got a McDavid/McKinnon level talent at the same position they just drafted Benson. Things would be different…

Edited by DapperCam
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The Sabres are his first love. He's not selling. Of course I also said he wouldn't fire Granato. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1