New Bills WR. Former Lion Quintez Cephus

MAJBobby

51 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

If Coleman pans out to his potential none of this will matter. So, there’s that.

Sure it will. When Diggs was in his prime in 2022 and the first half of 2023 we were still missing a true WR2. Even in a best case scenario for Coleman's career I don't expect him to be close to as good as Diggs in his prime right away, nor is it fair to expect that. But even if he immediately pans out to his potential, the #2 outside WR is still a gaping hole on the roster. So realistically we very likely got worse at WR1 and WR2 even in a best case scenario.

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

We are gonna run what we brung.

We won't have a top end WR this year. We will hoist Shakir up and damage his mental game and ability because he is a 3rd WR at best who can't handle the x or y to a top level. This isn't an insult. Samuel needs to be used the hell up, Coleman needs to be out there every snap possible.

Nelson would be higher than Coleman, imo. He was underrated. I don't think Samuel is as good as we want to believe. He's a derrick Dockery. 

Samuel had more yards receiving last year than Odell Beckham Jr. and Hollywood Brown and 43 yards less than Tee Higgins.  Just some food for thought.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Samuel had more yards receiving last year than Odell Beckham Jr. and Hollywood Brown and 43 yards less than Tee Higgins.  Just some food for thought.

Beckham is a hasbeen. Hollywood brown has a neat name. Tee Higgins is peerless price. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Samuel is a poor man's lee Evans. 

It’s all sort of funny and joking around but what’s going to happen is Allen is going to start to get pissed off. Then nobody is going to be laughing. There better be a real move for a WR coming or this is going to be a rough season. Look at what Miami does to help out their mid QB…Don’t be the team that pisses off a generational talent because you are too stubborn to go get a real WR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, boyst said:

Beckham is a hasbeen. Hollywood brown has a neat name. Tee Higgins is peerless price. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Samuel is a poor man's lee Evans. 

My point is people have brought up some of these names as guys to add to the mix. I get we lost a lot in Diggs and Davis but improved play by Shakir and Kincaid and with a healthy Knox and adding Samuel and now Coleman our offense is in good hands. 

IfAt this point the answer is on the roster or we wait until 25. 

If Coleman is more Keenan Allen than Kelvin Benjamin.

If Shakir is ready to step up to be a younger Diggs.

If Samuel can be the Curtis Samuel mold.

If we can get something out of Shorter..

If Kincaid can take a major role in the game plan.

If Brady can make it work

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zevo said:

LMAO. It is incredible how the fanbase has been brainwashed into 40 times. 

I've gotta believe the GM's have analyzed the correlation between 40 times and receiving yards and decided on a range of times that are acceptable.  Faster the better can't be true or we'd have tons of sprinters playing WR.

I would encourage those who are gonna complain about every single signing at WR this year because their favorite wasn't picked (even though a majority were off by 2-4 rounds in their expert grading analysis), to start scouting the 2025 WR class and FA pool. 

That will hopefully ease your angst and keep you entertained until the following events this year:

1. We allow our players a chance to do anything on the field to formulate any semblance of a valid opinion

2. Progress up to camp cuts/injuries

3. Get a jump on players that may be available at the trade deadline

For our advanced scouts you can start pounding the table for your sure fire picks that very well may be off by 2-4 rounds again.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s all sort of funny and joking around but what’s going to happen is Allen is going to start to get pissed off. Then nobody is going to be laughing. There better be a real move for a WR coming or this is going to be a rough season. Look at what Miami does to help out their mid QB…Don’t be the team that pisses off a generational talent because you are too stubborn to go get a real WR.

The difference is Josh makes players around him better. Look back most WRs we've had have had their best seasons with Josh at QB. Tua needs better players around him to be better.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Looks like another slot guy.

Jesus man, i think Beane is just getting too desperate at this point........i just puked a bit in my mouth.

But not desperate enough to use more draft capital… 🤔 

But don’t worry, this guy is slow… like JERRY FREAKING RICE!!!

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Translation available?

Apparently he thinks Cephus will generate a lot of guys named Stan to come see his hive. That's what I took from it

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The difference is Josh makes players around him better. Look back most WRs we've had have had their best seasons with Josh at QB. Tua needs better players around him to be better.

What if we have Josh who makes players better and surrounded him with better players 🤯

• Thank you (+1) 1

Dang it! We didn't sign Jerry Rice in his prime??? Beane is trying to destroy the Bills and all goodness in this world!

Although, Rice ran a 4.71 40. So, he probably WOULD sign such a bum.

• Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If Kincaid can take a major role in the game plan.

Kincaid was targeted 91 times last season as a rookie TE, second on the team only to Diggs... he already has a major role in the game plan and he did fine with it. No reason to think he couldn't be up for more in year 2.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

My point is people have brought up some of these names as guys to add to the mix. I get we lost a lot in Diggs and Davis but improved play by Shakir and Kincaid and with a healthy Knox and adding Samuel and now Coleman our offense is in good hands. 

Agree 50%. I think the key is Cook. If he can pose a 3 down running threat we will be improve from the end of last year. We know with the rest of the backs rostered that don't offer much more than short yardage or sub packages. Cook needs to be a full feature back.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

There is going to be a fun battle to see who emerges.  There are 3 locks max with Coleman, Shakir and Samuel.  

I think from there on out it is a battel for the rest, that group consists of (At this point):

Mack Hollins

KJ Hamler

Andy Isabella

Justin Shorter

Tyrell Shavers

Bryan Thompson

Quintez Cephus

Xavier Johnson Jr (UDFA)

Lawrence Keys (UDFA)

I'll say it right now......  Until he gets hurt, KJ Hamler is my guy going into camp.  His tape when healthy is excellent and with his speed and release off the line, he could be a dangerous weapon.  His major issue is availability which is obviously extremely important.  However, supposedly, he has spent the entire off season trying to remake his body to make him less likely to get the injuries that have plagued him to this point.

But yeah.....there is a battle at the bottom of the roster for sure.  But, until he gets hurt, my guy this camp will be KJ Hamler.  If he stays healthy, I truly believe he can be our WR4 or WR5.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Josh isn’t going to tell anyone to F off.  He’s going to prove this year that his was the bigger reason for Diggs’ success, much like many other receivers that have had their best years playing with Josh.  MVP-caliber season ahead.

Love the optimism my dude. I hope you’re right. 

• Thank you (+1) 1