Would the Chiefs had ended up with Worthy without the trade with the Bills?

The Bills didn’t want that player. If they did they stay put and make the pick. Tyreek Hill 2.0 ? Lol I don’t think it’s that easy to find. Lots of small fast WRs don’t end up being Hill. Pretty dumb take, really. The Bills got a free pick for not drafting a player they weren’t taking anyway. No way to know, but good chance he’s there anyway. Could have made a trade to jump ahead of SF if they got nervous. They probably get him regardless and any “ controversy” is completely manufactured. 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We don’t know this at all actually. 

We can say they had Coleman higher than McConkey and Mitchell only.

Actually we do. The Bills would have simply stayed put and drafted Worthy if they had him higher or wanted to draft him. Thats fairly obvious. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

That is… very poor logic. 

I think there is nuance here tho. If Worthy was their last viable 1st rounder then they would have taken him.  Since they traded out we know they didn’t think of him any higher than Coleman.

Edited by billsrul120

7 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

The guy is tyreek hill 2.0 and 27 other teams said "no thanks"? Think Ill wait and see before feeling "sick" about a 160lb wr the FO didnt even want.

I mean, the actual Tyreek Hill was passed over 32 times in 4 different rounds. So the fact that 27 teams passed over him doesn’t mean much to me.

That being said, I really didn’t want Worthy either. I just don’t want us to hand KC who they want. 

• Agree 1

Regarding trading with a bitter rival.   You compete with them by assembling talent, coaching talent and deploying talent.  If you fear outcome or criticism in any of the categories, you’re in the wrong business.  Memes and jokes arise because there is a large portion of the population who react to the fear and create an audience for the memes.  They're not NFL decision makers and leaders.

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Actually we do. The Bills would have simply stayed put and drafted Worthy if they had him higher or wanted to draft him. Thats fairly obvious. 

We know the Bills valued Coleman and a pick exchange greater than they valued Worthy,   They may very well have preferred, and therefore taken, Worthy at 28 without a trade if both were available.

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

They may have had a higher grade on Worthy, but not first round grade. Traded back, and he’s gone. 

KC didn’t tell them who they were going for lol

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

No way to know. But even if they would have, it shouldn’t have been through our handing him to them.

We are the joke of the NFL right now. Seeing stuff like this everywhere (and Greeny was a Bills ally all last season, defending us when no-one else would):

IMG-9102.jpg

First off we didn't just "hand him" to the Chiefs.  They paid a steep price for a guy that almost certainly would have fallen to them at the end of the 1st round.  And if that DT we took with the 3rd round pick we got from KC is a solid piece of the Bills D line rotation then we robbed the Chiefs blind.

And who cares if the rest of the NFL is laughing at us.  Let them laugh.  I'll tell you what is really funny, calling Worthy "Tyreek Hill 2.0"!  I mean come on man, the odds that Worthy is even half as good as Hill are remote.

48 minutes ago, Neo said:

They may very well have preferred, and therefore taken, Worthy at 28 without a trade if both were available.

I don't think they would have.  The differences in body type and style between Worthy & Coleman are to great to think that they would have taken Worthy over Coleman at 28.  The Bills took the biggest late round 1 early round 2 WR on the board.  They clearly valued size over speed here.  And that fits the offense that Brady seems to be building.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What if Beane thought highly of all the wr's & wouldve been happy with any of them? Then Beane wouldve felt safe trading down, knowing he'd at least get 1 of them. "The last one on Josh's list".

Time will tell i suppose, with all these guys... it always does

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Maybe so. But it’s everywhere. Not just on NFL Memes.

ESPN, Bleacher Report, The Ringer, FS1, etc.

Im going to just avoid media for the next week.

Huh? The chiefs made the bills better, not the other way around. They were going to end up with worthy regardless and we were going to end up with coleman regardless, but the bills got a highly rated DT out of the trade that they otherwise wouldn’t have gotten.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

First off we didn't just "hand him" to the Chiefs.  They paid a steep price for a guy

We disagree greatly. I do not agree that trading a 4th for a 3rd is a “steep price”. Many people think we gained a pick - we didn’t. We just moved up a bit. Had they actually paid a steep price, I would have been far more okay with it.

There is also 0 evidence that they still get Worthy without us. Maybe they would have or maybe they wouldn’t have.

The fact that they made a trade signifies that they did NOT think Worthy would have fallen to them.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

They may have had a higher grade on Worthy, but not first round grade. Traded back, and he’s gone. 

KC didn’t tell them who they were going for lol

So they got snookered out of Worthy ? Lol okay , they had no idea Andy Reid might want a WR . Fans of course knew this , however. Pure nonsense ! The Bills didn’t want Worthy, and didn’t care who the Chiefs were going to take. They didn’t have “ a guy” at that spot - hence the trade. These narratives are just plain dumb. As BB said, you do what’s best for your team and don’t worry about what another franchise is doing. 

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I mean, the actual Tyreek Hill was passed over 32 times in 4 different rounds. So the fact that 27 teams passed over him doesn’t mean much to me.

That being said, I really didn’t want Worthy either. I just don’t want us to hand KC who they want. 

He was passed over so many times cause he had a lot of character issues including getting kicked out of OK State it had nothing to do with his play. 

He has been accused of multiple things since, birthed a whole offense but because he’s a top playmaker that stuff is overlooked now 

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So they got snookered out of Worthy ? Lol okay , they had no idea Andy Reid might want a WR . Fans of course knew this , however. Pure nonsense ! The Bills didn’t want Worthy, and didn’t care who the Chiefs were going to take. They didn’t have “ a guy” at that spot - hence the trade. These narratives are just plain dumb. As BB said, you do what’s best for your team and don’t worry about what another franchise is doing. 

How do you know they didn’t have early second round grades on Coleman AND Worthy and didn’t want to take either at 28?

you don’t.