Josh Working With WR’s Beyond OTAs/Camp

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The thing is fans hear a thing and run with it.  Like Keon Coleman talking about eating at Waffle House and McDonalds.  He talked in the RGIII interview someone posted, about now people are saying all he eats is fast food; he said he knows how to cook and his mom and brother live with him, someone cooks most of the time and he eats fast food maybe once a week, like a "cheat day".  

Even some guys like Zo Alexander who were outspoken about following particular diets in an effort to take care of their bodies also talked about how after a game, he would "just eat whatever" - whatever appealed to him and made him feel good, so he had a cheat day.

Well stated, 👍

On 4/27/2024 at 8:43 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Great! Maybe they’ll sing Glee songs together. So done with this team. We needed 5 more goofy WR’s with catchy names like “Soob Soob Wakadash” or “Se’Se’Se’ Latoonski”. Beane sucks. 

Well to be fair, those are pretty cool names. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Beck Water said:

The thing is fans hear a thing and run with it.  Like Keon Coleman talking about eating at Waffle House and McDonalds.  He talked in the RGIII interview someone posted, about now people are saying all he eats is fast food; he said he knows how to cook and his mom and brother live with him, someone cooks most of the time and he eats fast food maybe once a week, like a "cheat day".  

Even some guys like Zo Alexander who were outspoken about following particular diets in an effort to take care of their bodies also talked about how after a game, he would "just eat whatever" - whatever appealed to him and made him feel good, so he had a cheat day.

Yeah in one of the threads at some point someone posted a pic of him from when he was working out or something, whether he eats a lot of junk or not I think it was safe to say his body is at an efficient input and output ratio.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/28/2024 at 1:27 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

... and people are idiots.

No notes.

On 4/28/2024 at 2:59 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What's wrong with a hobby? Mine is woodworking!

Let's keep this clean, huh

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/28/2024 at 1:40 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

If by "work together" it means play golf and smash wings then I buy it. That's all QB1 does all off season.

/s

For sure there is something, or someone, else he's been smashing this off season.

hailee-hailee-steinfeld.gif

On 4/30/2024 at 6:40 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

Did you catch the video of Bean & Pegula when they picked Bishop?  You could see how relieved Bean was that he didn't have to trade up to land the guy.  And Pegula's reaction told me that they had talked to him about how much they wanted Bishop.  And this reminded me of the stress and gamesmanship a good GM like Bean has to do on draft day.  They badly wanted Coleman & Bishop but Bean squeezed everything he could out of the picks and still landed his guys.  Had Bean taken Coleman at 28 we would not have gotten that 3rd round pick from KC and had he feared losing Bishop and had traded our 4th round pick to move up maybe we don't get the running back.  By taking a couple of chances Bean likley landed two additional starters or key subs in addition to landing the 2 players they wanted.

I loved the trade down for the reason of adding draft capital. I’d almost always prefer a trade down than a trade up because I’d like more picks. More chances to draft a gem.
Beane actually tried to trade up in the 2nd to get Bishop but said “thankfully no one was taking my calls.” He got antsy as usual and if a trade up did happen, you’re right, we don’t get Davis.

We’re moving past giving players 1 year contracts and relying more on draft picks, which I also love, but to rely on picks, we’ve got to stock the cupboard. Beane seems to be getting smarter about draft capital, despite the failed Bishop trade up. 

• Like (+1) 2