Rd 7, Pick 221: OT Travis Clayton

13 hours ago, henry jones said:

He runs as fast as Coleman!  Lol.  Split him out wide and throw some fades in the red zone!!

You know Coleman is faster than DeAndre Hopkins, Cooper Kupp, and whole lot of other great WRs right? 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

16 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not for nothing, but I feel like the majority of picks spent on the International Pathways players are just wasted picks. 

Yeah was hoping for a Jalen Coker swing there or another trade into 2025 but seems like reasonable upside with this guy so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by MiracleAtRich1393

14 hours ago, peterpan said:

So who knows something about Rugby?  What positions are there? Do they have players like OL or more like WR/TE??

has he shown good rugby ball catching skills? Or maybe great tackling? 

or did we just draft him bc he is big and can move? 

What position are they thinking 

I played in college. You are not allowed to block is my first thought, but you look for freak athletes anywhere you can find them. See if you can teach them the rest. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I played in college. You are not allowed to block is my first thought, but you look for freak athletes anywhere you can find them. See if you can teach them the rest. 

My brother played in college and after and he always said the worst part was when some football player would come out and not know the game and blindside you with a block 😛

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Cache said:

Fine. “Dominate” might’ve been too strong sounding. Let’s just say he stood out as a man among boys on the field. I live in Utah and have watched/ followed BYU closely for a long time. He was very impressive.  Of course that’s no guarantee, just saying.

my point is when you possess the tangles that cannot be coached, possibilities can be very strong.

Yeah, what I was saying is Ansah went from raw has could be and only being a defensive player for one season(he was just a special teams guy prior) to being really good right away in the NFL.   

Boehringer is the opposite.......he is one of the 5 highest RAS score receivers to enter the draft since 1987 and never translated.

I do think that it's just A LOT easier to come out of nowhere like Ansah or Jordan Mailata if you are a lineman.   Skill position guys typically now are getting a decade plus of year round skill honing prior to entering the league and there is a lot of competition.    Big guys who are athletic are always really hard to find so these foreign giants have a greater opportunity to succeed, IMO.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Go Taro…….

i don't get the reference. Oh you're right, I forgot, you're referring to when the Sabres drafted Taro Tsujimoto, except Taro WASN'T REAL. HE WAS MADE UP. GO LOOK TRAVIS IN THE EYES AND ASK HIM IF'S HE MADE UP! Oh, and you better bring a ladder. Hate when dummies try to be smart asses and they fail miserably...no wait, I love it.

21 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Seems odd to add to the other rookie tackle in addition to our current developmental prospects, but I know nothing about the individual player so who am I to say.

The fact that he won't count against the practice squad limit means everything.  The Bills can stash him there for a couple years while he learns how to play American football, and then decide how much more time and effort they want to invest in him.  Unlike Christian Wade, he's also young enough that taking some time to learn how to play will still leave him enough years to have a decent career if he is able to make the transition.

Edited by BigAl2526
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

the guy couldn't even go pro in england playing rugby so i don't think he has a chance of cracking the 53 for the NFL.

but, i'd love to make him a short yardage runner.

Not even pro. He couldn't make it at as an amatuer

He's describe here as a gentle giant. Which means he's a softie. A fact further corroborated by him playing on the wing - historically (with a few exceptions) where you put the most delicate player. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/articles/cne9jmlremeo

He's a bust. I don't even know how he even got onto the draft? Did he win a competition or something? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/27/2024 at 6:10 PM, Tim Tindale said:

Given how raw and athletic he is, I wonder about TE or FB rather than T.  Put the ball in his hands. 

but he's not that athletic. or at least good athletically. he just does a lot.

On 4/27/2024 at 9:25 PM, Gunsgoodtime said:

Fire the GM and coach.  We needed recevers because we are the only team in the league to not draft a wr in the first 3 rounds in 5 years, and in the deepest wr draft in history wr trade to KC for the player we so desperately needed.  Unbelievable.  

1) i thought this was a thread on Pick #7 and not about WRs

2) did we pick up a WR in Round 2 yesterday

3) I did want Leggette but never wanted Worthy. I am thinking that the GM and coach are fine

On 4/27/2024 at 6:04 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

The fact this guy got drafted over rices son is so wrong on so many levels 🤣🤣

They say if you are a 7 foot tall male, you have like a 1 in 10 chance of making the NBA.  Versus a 6 foot tall male, 1 in like 10 million.  Crazy how much athletic measurables alone factor into things.

In terms of rugby positions …

there are very few similarities in the two games skill wise

In terms of OT, absolutely zero. At best a front row. But it’s just not comparable.

Matt Milano has skills that might make him a good player at centre or flanker in rugby. But it doesn’t really work both ways. And hardly at all on offense.

For the record, the guy Rees Zammit who KC got. He plays the same position as this lad. It could potentially be transferred to half back or wide receiver. But probably not.

But zammit was an excellent international pro. One of the best in the game. This boy played for a pub team. It’s too much to call him a rugby player. I work with a boy who plays at a higher level than this lad on the weekends 

He’s just big. But he’s not a sportsman.

if he IS … then this is the greatest spot in history.

ignore this quote bit below. Messed up my post on my phone and can’t change it 

Just now, Bill Grundy said:

In terms of rugby positions …

there are very few similarities in the two games skill wise

In terms of OT, absolutely zero. At best a front row. But it’s just not comparable.

Matt Milano has skills that might make him a good player as a flanker or centre in rugby. But it doesn’t really work both ways. And hardly at all on offense.

For the record, the guy Rees Zammit who KC got. He plays the same position as this lad. It could potentially be transferred to half back or wide receiver. But probably not.

But zammit was an excellent international pro. One of the best in the game. This boy played for a pub team. It’s too much to call him a rugby player. I work with a boy who plays at a higher level than this lad on the weekends 

He’s just big. But he’s not a sportsman.

if he IS … then this is the greatest spot in history.

Edited by Bill Grundy