Rd 4, Pick 128: RB Ray Davis, Kentucky

11 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

The only questions I have on him are how long he can remain in his prime, and how his pass protection is (I have no idea about the latter, I'm not saying it's bad)

All depends.  Frank Gore played forever and maybe still had goal line gas in his tank.  This guy seems very similar in the metrics to Gore, especially punishing running style etc.  I also wouldn’t underrate him based on his numbers in the SEC alone.  Multiple 1000 yard rushing seasons and 21 TD’s in SEC doesn’t happen without this guy having quite a bit of ability.  7 receiving TD’s and only 2 fumbles this season also say something. 

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

We had Ty Johnson making those plays for us after signing him off the waiver wire.

It's no surprise the board's favorite picks are the safety and the RB. It is easy to find decent NFL caliber players at those spots, and Bishop and Davis both look like day one NFL caliber players. But we don't need just NFL caliber players at easy to fill spots. We need guys at premium positions that make plays. In the 4th round it is of course harder to find those guys but I would still rather try than do the safe thing and draft a dime a dozen RB.

Fair enough and I like Ty Johnson but this guy is an upgrade. And he will make plays in the type of offense that Brady is building. 

I hear you on high level philosophy but you need to balance that with playing the board and the team’s current needs. 

• Agree 1

Look am I thrilled, NO. but as always I'm willing to see what he's got to offer our team. Of course he's not what 95% of what people here wanted including me, absolutely not. But I will digress to the front office that he can make a difference. It's on you know Ray, go bills.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The fish traded a 3rd round pick in 2025 today to take a RB …when they already have a loaded RB room 

That’s fine! Let them ignore their offensive line made of duct tape and prayers 

1 minute ago, ScorpionZero said:

Look am I thrilled, NO. but as always I'm willing to see what he's got to offer our team. Of course he's not what 95% of what people here wanted including me, absolutely not. But I will digress to the front office that he can make a difference. It's on you know Ray, go bills.

why are you not thrilled? wish they'd picked another player position?  I think personally if the WR draft class is as deep as purported it WILL be addressed at some point before the day is over.

diamonds in the rough FTW