Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, khlax3 said:

This board:

Shorter sucks (pick 15 in round 5)

also this board 

We must take a wr at the end of round 6 or the draft is a bust! It’s comical

At this point it’s a dart board. Get darts at the position you need most. The majority of these guys are cut or ps. 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Always take the Raiders, pitch it to Bo, then zig-zag your way to a TD. Why doesnt Beane know this?

My strategy was "throw it to Jerry on the bottom" - guy would catch everything.  Maybe we SHOULD have drafted Rice's kid!!! 😳

JR.jpg.ce06231ae4f78307470420d063d35b3d.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, ngbills said:

Practice squad player. Until he proves otherwise. You don’t avoid key contributors bc you have a practice squad guy. 

He was on the 53 man when he wasn't hurt last season. Not saying he will in 2024 but...

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Hyde was much more of a ball hawk than Cole is. Cole only had 3 INT’s in college. 

Bishop is a better Poyer replacement IMO. I think Edwards will get the start in the center fielder role.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Boy I remember all of those fan boys who wanted James Williams so badly because he was a former 5 star recruit who was huge and I kept telling people he would go undrafted because he cant cover and can't tackle and he has character issues from High School. I know there is a round left and someone could draft him because of his size but I remember lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Hyde was much more of a ball hawk than Cole is. Cole only had 3 INT’s in college. 

Fair but I dont think that stat tells the whole story. Doesnt mean he cant become a ball hawk in the right system with the right opportunity. And he should get both with the Bills. He has the body type and range for it.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair but I dont think that stat tells the whole story. Doesnt mean he cant become a ball hawk in the right system with the right opportunity. And he should get both with the Bills. He has the body type and range for it.

Correct, Utah didn't ask him to be that player, Buffalo def will ask him to play Centerfield more often.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Why is that?

Bass isn't going anywhere.  Had a rough season, but isn't going to get cut.

His play for nearly half the season was pretty awful. I don't know exactly why, but whatever the reason, it could continue to be an issue.

As a practicality, it seems a little early for so many to go. So I guess I'm concerned that maybe they planned on one later.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

My one wish left in this draft is to see Cole Burgess from SUNY Cortland get drafted here in the 7th round.

Would complete the Cole trifecta for the Bills draft 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I do wonder if we were making calls to get up to get BTJ before the Jags. I think that would have been the only trade-up chance for us.

I would think so, or at least I hope so. I'm definitely surprised they didn't double up & try to take another WR... then again, drafts rarely go the way we expect, so I'm not mad.

• Like (+1) 1