Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep it has that 2016 Shaq-Ragnuts-Washington "off-the-bus-starters" draft feel to it.  

It shouldn't be a total disaster like that one because the players are actually walking off the bus into proven systems........but doesn't feel like they've gotten much juice for their squeeze.  

When I saw the Fat Boy from Duke get picked, I immediately thought of the Meat Tenderizer.  Jesus that draft was a nightmare.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OK, we gonna disagree.  Let me ask you this.  Why not pick Franklin at 95, and get Fat Boy from Duke later?  Did we really need a rotational DT more than another WR?

Because from some reason, they did not want Franklin. They couldn't do more work on him, and still did nothing to get him. Maybe they made a wrong decision, but their final evaluation was clearly very different than yours.

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Because from some reason, they did not want Franklin. They couldn't do more work on him, and still did nothing to get him. Maybe they made a wrong decision, but their final evaluation was clearly very different than yours.

Didn't have to be Franklin, but as others pointed out here, the Bills put an awful lot of work into the guy.  I really felt we needed 2 WR out of this draft, and McBeane disagreed.  I'd rather err on the side of giving Josh weapons, because our WR room is really weak.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I'm sorry but McDaniel is just one of those guys who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and says something that he's thinks you don't understand, and you reply with something just as smart, right before you knock his glasses off with your first 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I’m curious as to why Rice is falling so hard. I thought he would be a 4-5th round pick but he’s falling into the mid 6th. There has to be a medical or something out on him

He is a bit stiff and doesn't have a lot of burst. I'm surprised he is still there but I can see why. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I’m curious as to why Rice is falling so hard. I thought he would be a 4-5th round pick but he’s falling into the mid 6th. There has to be a medical or something out on him

‘Sons rarely live up to fathers’ legacies’ bias. 

9 minutes ago, balln said:

All one time all pro. Usually second team. 

and all have zero impact in big games. Tre was abused in Cincy home playoff game. Milano couldn’t cover Kelce. Keep trying 

What was aj klein against the chiefs if Matt Milano is 0 impact haha -1000?

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

I wouldn't be shocked if we take Pitt CB MJ Devonshire in this Round.

No draft would be truly complete without a late round DB from Pitt

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

He wasn't taken until Day 3. EVERY team in the league passed on him multiple times. There were more flaws on the tape then his fans wanted to admit. He had quite possibly the worst Combine I've ever seen. And then he reportedly bombed in interviews with teams questioning his love of the game and desire to work to be great.

We did a lot of work on him. We interviewed him at the Combine. We had him do a private workout for us. It's clear that he simply didn't pass the tests and it wasn't for a lack of trying on our part and we obviously weren't the only ones that felt that way.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Carter is likley starting in 25 and is playing 50% of the snaps this season.  Franklin would be bottom of the wr room and is not contributing any way on special teams.  If they want a deep threat.  Sign DJ Chark.