Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Too many fan takes here have 3 basic premises: 

1)OMG we didn’t double dip in the low rounds, Beane sucks 

Reality: he has a plan for a vet and no he didn’t think the 10th best draftable WR was better than Cortland Sutton 

2) KC would be drafting Offense. 

Reality: KC used 5 of their 7 picks last year in defense. 

3) I watched 2 highlight videos and now I can tell you who our picks should be. 

Reality: this is why mock drafts never pan out because you aren’t a scout. As an aside you also do you know if the guy is not bright, which is what it appears the scouts were saying about guys like AD Mitchell. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If he is around, would really like Christian Boyd.  One tech when DaQuan done.  Can rotate now.

Did Malik Washington and Rice steal something and nobody told me?  It is bad enough we don't want them, but I don't get that NOBODY wants them.  I was mocking Washington to us at 128 and usually not getting him.  Get our new Beasly!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You misunderstand me.  I'm tired of the Bills going all-in on defense.  It's long past time to go all-in on offense.  When you have the arguably the best QB ever, you need to surround him with offense talent that will deliver in the clutch, instead of gagging it away.

If we didn’t fill some of these defensive holes you could give Josh any wr in the league to replace Diggs and he wouldn’t beat an Andy Reid offense in a shootout. 

That playoff game was a good barometer for what things would’ve been like as we got forced into having some big holes due to multiple injuries in the same position group and man did the chiefs take advantage. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You misunderstand me.  I'm tired of the Bills going all-in on defense.  It's long past time to go all-in on offense.  When you have the arguably the best QB ever, you need to surround him with offense talent that will deliver in the clutch, instead of gagging it away.

You'd think, but not with these clowns (McB). It's full steam ahead with defensive drafts every year. While we watch our defense wet themselves every playoffs.  Adorable....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

Didn’t we take a TE in the 1st RD last year and a WR this year ? 

This is the “we’ve tried to find QB’s enough by picking EJ, Trent and Losman over the last 9 years” argument redux lol

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I am honestly shocked that they haven't take a CB to this point. To me its one of the weakest position groups we have left when it comes to depth if anyone gets hurt.

Agreed on the need, but they work magic with those 6th and 7th round CBs.

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

The problem with saying this is McD's defenses get smoked in the playoffs by good QB's even when we do invest heavily in it. We were relatively healthy in 20 and 21 and gave up 40ish both years. We can't stop Mahomes or Burrow.

I've said it before, but the reality is we stuck with that by keeping McD. We are essentially just moving forward accepting that we need to score 30-40+ points and be near perfect offensively to win games vs top teams with this head coach here...so we do need to load up on offense. 

I've said it before and say it again, thinking you have to outscore an opponent in shoot out not the way to win consistently. I get we e struggled with playoff defense but that's in large part due to injury to key players. Our defense was devoid of talent in the KC playoff game last season and obvious in how bad we played. Outscoring an opponent because you were able to stop them defensively a helluva lot easier. 

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Yes, the best Bills QB ever, but I also see him as arguably the best ever.  He hasn't won any rings because Beane simply won't invest on offense.  

He isn't close to the best ever. He is arguably the most physically talented ever. That's a different question. 

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Honest question, WGAF. 

There’s STers everywhere. 

I want my WR’s to be able to play WR, personally. I know I know, radical concept.

I agree with you if talking top 4 but when looking at WR5/6 then you need to do more. 

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This is the “we’ve tried to find QB’s enough by picking EJ, Trent and Losman over the last 9 years” argument redux lol

How?  Lol Kincaid appears to be very good and Coleman hasn’t played a down in the nfl yet 

they literally got josh the wr he asked for and fans  think because we didnt draft the wr they wanted we’re failing josh 😂 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan