Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Shakir should have a great season.  Made huge strides last year.  Not sure why he doesn't get more love here.

I do expect a trade or FA to fill out the WR room.  

Just a small sample-size of production.  He looked promising, but can he continue now that teams know they have to give him some attention?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Yup 

Lots of delusional fans here. This team is going to be Sean McDermott's wet dream: run first, blocking WR, tight ends, ball control.

With bibles at their bedside and good character coaches on the field 

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, LEBills said:

It really is fascinating. We started picking back up/rotational players in rd 3, and it could be argued WR is our thinnest position on the team. It really puts a lot of pressure on Coleman to be our starting X with his backup being Mack Hollins. We kind of missed out on that tier 2 of X’s in Baker and Walker. I expect we will wind up with a Tier 3 guy like Rice, Flournoy, Means, Johnson at some point but who knows. 

I hope you’re right but at this point it feels like they’re actively avoiding drafting a WR to prove some kind of point. It’s moronic 

• Agree 1

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Just a small sample-size of production.  He looked promising, but can he continue now that teams know they have to give him some attention?

Exactly.

He's about to find out, as are bills fans 

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Sure, if YOU say so.

Hope you enjoy the upcoming season of mediocrity 

What exactly is this team missing from the same squad that went on a winning streak and took the AFC East, AGAIN, and the number two seed?

Stef Diggs who did literally decided to do his best John Cena impression during that same stretch?

Beane has filled all the holes. He’s added WRs in Samuel and Coleman who compliment Brady’s scheme and Josh’s style of play more so than both Davis and Stefon Diggsapearing Act. I’ll assume you somehow know how to better draft and assemble a football team however that’s managed to win it’s division 4 years I’m a row and counting…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean, why is the idea of drafting character guys & leaders worthy of mockery?

I don't think they've sacrificed talent for that.  And generally, SB winning teams are teams that have high character guys, and true leaders.

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Sorry, I don't trust any of these guys until they show performance.

We could keep going back and forth.  I love they guy, clearly you don't.

Made some great plays last year, check out his highlights.  Fast, good YAC, catches balls thrown to him, holds on to the ball, always moving upfield when he makes the reception.  Not sure what is not to like.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think he can.  I believe he has the skills and the work ethic.

If I am wrong, its on me.