Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, H2o said:

Apparently, they don't think they so. Deepest WR draft in 10 years and we get one at the top of the 2nd. 

Yep.

Samuel looked return to form

Shakir trending up, clearly Beane believes in him more than a lot of the fans around here.

Mack Hollins is a fine #4

Shorter is an unknown at this point, hopefully can crack the roster and make an impact.

They likely add another Mack Hollins type to fill out the roster.

This with Kincaid, Knox, and a strong running game, is more than enough when you look at what Mahomes just won the whole thing with. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Niners have taken 2 WR’s….

+ we just acquired another 4th for next year

perhaps we go after Aiyuk

If that was actually happening we’d need to hear about several more restructures.

• Agree 1

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Yep.

Shakir trending up, clearly Beane believes in him more than a lot of the fans around here.

Shorter is an unknown at this point, hopefully can crack the roster and make an impact.

This with Kincaid, Knox, and a strong running game, is more than enough when you look at what Mahomes just won the whole thing with. 

From the looks of it it appears that the talent evaluators didn't believe that this was the deepest WR draft in a long time. It actually seems like they thought it was an overrated class.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

I'm actually surprised Joe Milton hasn't gone because of his traits. I am not a fan btw but I thought someone would take a shot earlier because of his raw ability.

I mean, if Spencer Rattler wasn't taken until just now - I'm not surprised Milton is still available. I had Milton as a 6th Rounder before Rattler dropped.

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha yea admittedly idk if it makes sense with the cap in this coming season…maybe we could extend them and take a bigger hit when Diggs comes off the books 

I think doing it post June 1st would make it possible 

I'm very interested in whether or not they make a move at a WR post June 1st but looks like right now Buffalo is stacking picks for next year. Maybe patience and get through this year is what we need. No choice but to trust they know what's up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

What a weird draft. 

Not bad.. just weird. 

Everything we’re doing makes complete sense.  We’ve added 3 potential starters at WR, S and C, along with a rotational DT and RB.  

Just very business like.  Nothing aggressive.  No real gambles.  Not much boom or bust.. just good players at positions of need, yet nothing that really moves the needle when it comes to Josh trying to slay Mahomes, while fighting off other teams like HOU, NYJ and BAL. 

Right like every player picked is likely to be a significant contributor, and we got better than 5th round picks in next years draft, but we didn't get speedy WR so bahumbug. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Yep.

Shakir should have a great season.  Made huge strides last year.  Not sure why he doesn't get more love here.

I do expect a trade or FA to fill out the WR room.  

5 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Agreed......this has been an excellent draft for us so far and it's a shame that more fans can't see that.

Many Bills fans just have a default position of angst when it comes to draft picks. Almost none of them actually know what they are talking about. They think looking at a few mock drafts and watching a handful of college games over the season makes them experts.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Right like every player picked is likely to be a significant contributor, and we got better than 5th round picks in next years draft, but we didn't get speedy WR so bahumbug. 

The Division is still ours. It will still be ours. The FO is NOT preparing for a down season like some folks think. We are absolutely competing for the Division and a Championship.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, davefan66 said:

Shakir should have a great season.  Made huge strides last year.  Not sure why he doesn't get more love here.

I do expect a trade or FA to fill out the WR room.  

Hasn't proved anything.

We'll know exactly what he is by the end of next season.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Agreed......this has been an excellent draft for us so far and it's a shame that more fans can't see that.

I want more.  Time for one of those late round CBs that work out well.

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

hey Doc. What I m reading is this current season may be a wash because we didn't pick an impact right away WR? Someone to stretch the field type guy. 

The lack of that one aspect is going to hobble our offense and make them fall from post season consideration?

I don't want to buy that. It reads way too pessimistic a take for me to make at this juncture. *shrugs*  

I don't think they fall from post-season consideration. I expect them to win the division. I was hoping for more splash impact players.

They are following their formula. High character, sensible picks. It was a good year for WR. I wanted a different approach.

Still going to hope, but the fellas speculating this is the first part of a two-year reset make sense to me.