Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is why the draft is boring. (I'm watching because it is currently snowing in Colorado!)

Nowadays everyone knows everything about everybody.

It's the classic efficient market. No more ridiculous overdrafts (except that punter who just went in the 4th). No real surprises. All pretty much according to rankings. Film on everyone available at a click.

That's why they came up with the 30 pre-draft visits, separating the wheat from the chafe.

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

If it's costing 3rd round picks next year, I'd rather them stay put since thats ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I'm not as surprised when considering the cost of trading up.

I have been bopping around the house with some projects. I haven't heard the cost of moving up. 

Next years 3rds? That is some Madden return. It has been forever, but I used to do that. I once maxed out at like 12 first round picks. 

But seriously, if we can get a 3rd for 128 I wouldn't hesitate. Especially with 141 right there. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

And lost to the chiefs... imagine if they had to go through the chiefs in their conference.

Yeah there’s some luck there.

there’s also some horrific team building philosophy that makes us v Chiefs in the playoffs a one-sided affair.

A Trent Sherfield-level player starting at boundary WR  in the divisional round is UNACCEPTABLE in today’s NFL. A pox on Brandon Beane for watching that bum alligator arm it, then chasing a second round safety. 

You know, I wasn't thinking about it, before, but I wouldn't hate it if we took Rattler with one of our middle-to-late 5ths. We've not really had any sort of young, capable backup QB in the Allen era. Rattler is raw, and needs tons of work, but he's a gamer, and I wouldn't hate having him over Mitchy Biscuits. 

Just a thought. 

3 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Facts!! The only reason Beane and McD still have jobs is because the Browns, Giants and Jets are dumb and passed on Allen.  

Made playoffs without 17

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

It would be actually hilarious if these 5th round guys hit and we finally win the SB with one or two of them making plays for us in clutch situations.

I think there are legit 4 roster spots open for: CB, RB, Edge, OL

Assuming we go Wr in Rd4. There are some nice value at each of those still available.  Beane letting this draft come to him.

Instead of spending too much cap on depth guys in FA, restock some key depth roles with young guys.  Maybe they all don't work out, but if we can find 3 out of 5 in Rd4&5, that's a good success and will help with cap mgt in future

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

You know, I wasn't thinking about it, before, but I wouldn't hate it if we took Rattler with one of our middle-to-late 5ths. We've not really had any sort of young, capable backup QB in the Allen era. Rattler is raw, and needs tons of work, but he's a gamer, and I wouldn't hate having him over Mitchy Biscuits. 

Just a thought. 

I'd be fine with this actually.  Why waste money on a backup QB that we all know can't win in this league.  If Allen misses time the season is lost.

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

If some team wants to give us a 2025 3rd for our 4th I would easily take that deal.

I’m good with trading the remaining picks for 25 draft capital.  Should be a much deeper draft and I think the starter level talent in this draft has been nearly tapped.  

• Like (+1) 1