Rd 3, Pick 95: DT DeWayne Carter, Duke

SDS

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Man if gms are getting fired for not drafting Troy Franklin who is left? 

Bill Belichick. He Jedi mind tricked the collective GM consciousness last night with his insight and anti-fluff.

4 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

That's the thing, he's not playing behind DQ. McKinnley Jackson taken 2 picks later would play behind DQ. This guy plays behind Ed. Strict 3T in college. His upside is... hm. I dunno. Who's the most adequate 3T who you really would like to replace but he mostly doesn't get killed every down so you're ok with filling other needs first.

Not on passing downs when you are bringing pressure up the gut, the area we struggle with the most.  

7 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

You take the best players and this year they are WRs. We don’t need a jag DT, we need deep speed. Franklin and Walker were the right picks and they screwed it up

ok bud

What franchise are you scouting for again?

This F.O has proven itself to be elite imo

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Uh, yeah. Bottom of the 3rd round is the "who the f*ck is this guy" tier.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of guys a lot of know at this point in the draft. It's usually not until about round 5 when I or a lot of people start not really knowing who people are. Round 3 is still pretty early to not know who players are

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

A backup DT is never going to lead anything. 

Allen, Milano, and Dawkins is all you need for leaders.

They need playmakers on offense. This draft really sucks.

I actually think this has been a really strong draft.  

But it’s the same type of draft that has us being really good all year and falling short in the playoffs. 

Coleman has some boom/bust in him, but Bishop and Carter are just good, maybe really good football players if they hit.   We have a lot of good players .. we don’t have difference makers (as of today) outside Josh Allen. 

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Wanted Adisa Issac. Why is Beane sitting on a pile of 5th round picks? Move up! We need an edge, not another small DT. Issac would have been a steal only to have him snatched 2 picks away.

Small DT? Aaron Donald is 2 inches shorter and dominated everybody.  The size factor doesn’t mean much able smaller DT’s can be every bit as disruptive or moreso if they have speed and power.  This kid looks good.  I don’t know why we all think we are experts.  Everybody else passed on this Franklin guy too.  Must be reasons and we have a ton of other needs. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Another gritty blue collar guy to be a rotational DL at 3 Tech. Don’t hate it as it’s around where he was projected to go 

Great strategy Beane. Use a 3rd round pick on a rotational DT, rather than go WR.  Someone might want to remind Brandon that Diggs & Davis are no longer on the roster?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

OBJ is still sitting out there, and he is now more than a full year removed from the injury. Just sayin'

The problem with that is 1 we just traded a head case and 2 he'll want to be overpaid. No thanks.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I get the complaints to an extent - but we need D more than O at this point.  We don't have depth at DT (or didn't until this pick).

We've had defense for years and it has gotten them nowhere.

It's just so sad to see McDermott waste best QB in franchise history 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, buffblue said:

It is a massive, blinking red light need regardless of drafting Coleman. We have almost zero speed AND have no proven separator on the outside.

Samuel ran a 4.31, Shakir is a 4.43, Cook a 4.43. Go look at Tee Higgins draft profile and 40 time, he was 33rd overall in his draft. Very reminiscent of Coleman if ask me 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Valid. But I don't think another WR a big need.

Sorry, but I think that a guy who threatens down field is a big need.  We have plenty of underneath/slot receivers who are dangerous, but no one to enable them by taking a safety away.  There's no reason for a team not to cheat a safety against what the bills have right now which seriously inhibits our offensive strengths.

• Agree 1