Rd 3, Pick 95: DT DeWayne Carter, Duke

SDS

Just now, SCBills said:

Bills are a depth Corner and mercenary post 6/1 DE away from having a “no holes” top tier defense.

Von, Rousseau, AJE 

Ed, Jones, Johnson, Carter

Milano, Bernard, Morrow, Williams

Johnson

Benford, Douglas, Elam

Bishop, Rapp, Edwards

Whilst Josh has a receiver corps which probably doesn't even make the top ten in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Gigs said:

Tell ya what: when Beane gets fired for not drafting Troy Franklin, you can be the new GM. You clearly know what you're talking about, seem way more qualified, and I fully trust people 3 deep into a 6 pack of Genny at 11pm on Fridays. You, sir, are a scholar amongst apes. I commend you and your insight. 

Man if gms are getting fired for not drafting Troy Franklin who is left? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Let me guess, "Great pick! Wow, Beane's killing it! Can't believe this guy was still here!"

Track Record.

Dawkins 63, Milano 163

Harrison Phillips 96, Taron Johnson 121

Singletary 74, Knox 96

Moss 86, Gabe 128

Brown 93

Cook 63, Bernard 89, Shakir 148

I think Beane deserves some street cred in the 3-5 rounds, and trusting his big board and how he sets it up and moves around, even for guys Kiper thinks are a reach or we haven't heard of.

I didn't love this pick myself, but am also glad that we aren't using my big board after the first couple rounds.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

You take the best players and this year they are WRs. We don’t need a jag DT, we need deep speed. Franklin and Walker were the right picks and they screwed it up

They were the right picks to who? We’re 98 picks in and neither has come off the board.  Hello how long does it take for people to realize these guys aren’t that good obviously 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bills are a depth Corner and mercenary post 6/1 DE away from having a “no holes” top tier defense.

Von, Rousseau, AJE 

Ed, Jones, Johnson, Carter

Milano, Bernard, Morrow, Williams

Johnson

Benford, Douglas, Elam

Bishop, Rapp, Edwards

Forgot Cam Lewis, and he matters because he can back up both nickel and boundary CB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We better be trading for a WR this summer

We clearly didn't feel the WR's available after we picked at 33 were impact players for us this year and that the guys available in Round 4 or later won't be much different than the guys available to us at 60 or 95.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

yall are just obsessed with adding WR. Completely ignoring 20 other positions 

I'm fine with the pick, I was making fun of everyone else. I think it's laughable that normal viewers like ourselves could possibly have a better understanding of what our team needs than the guys who are actually working and making the selection.

Of course people are going to want a stud receiver, but it wasn't realistic for a reasonable price. Players emerge all the time. We're going to be fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

They just can’t help themselves. Right back to defense we go. And then said defense can’t get one stop when it matters in a big spot. 

It's tough not to agree with this statement. 😕 at least they keep trying to add D talent so no matter what McDermott calls we get the stop. :huh:

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

They were the right picks to who? We’re 98 picks in and neither has come off the board.  Hello how long does it take for people to realize these guys aren’t that good obviously 

For a team that has no vertical threat…that would be us, the Buffalo Bills 

Also do you think because a guy wasn’t drafted first 2 rounds he’s not good? Franklin is a very good WR and Walker has pure speed and can develop into a big time playmaker

Edited by NeverOutNick

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Man, you guys know draft picks are here more than one year right?  Yes he will play behind DQ, but he gets to learn behind a great pro and eventually take over for him.  Not every pick is going to be ROY

That's the thing, he's not playing behind DQ. McKinnley Jackson taken 2 picks later would play behind DQ. This guy plays behind Ed. Strict 3T in college. His upside is... hm. I dunno. Who's the most adequate 3T who you really would like to replace but he mostly doesn't get killed every down so you're ok with filling other needs first.

Rounds 2 and 3, you want guys that are: 1) premium position, -AND- 2) top-tier starter upside. What did the Bills do? 

2-33) Keon Coleman, premium position, questionable upside.

2-60) Cole Bishop, non-premium position, better-than-average upside.

3-95) DeWayne Carter, average position, questionable upside.

This Day 2 looks bad to me in toto.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1