Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 2 & 3 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

Cribbing from the other thread:

I'm not gonna be reasonable anymore. For a guy who talks about getting more explosive Beane gets:

- a plodding big slot WR

- an overdraft at a devalued position

- a no-traits defensive lineman to backup your best D player

That looks like a fail for an in-window reset. Minimal upside, and a failure to add the very thing you talked about adding to the roster - explosiveness.

This isn't about Franklin, this is about traits and value positions. I wouldn't have drafted anyone Beane did in the places he drafted them. Hopefully the fact that he gets paid millions of dollars to do this ***** means he'll be more correct, but I. Just. Hate. This. Day 2.

It's a baffling draft. They are still following a Carolina model. I don't like it. And you are correct, the rhetoric about explosive playmakers doesn't match up with their actions.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, major said:

Tomorrow is simple, just draft a WR with each remaining pick and see who pans out and who doesn’t. You know that’s what we’d be doing on madden 😂

We're clearly circling back to Free Agency and/or have a Trade for later in the Offseason in the works. We're not relying on someone left on the board in Round 4 to be some kind of savior or Starter for us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Why do fans on this board think they know more than guys who live & breathe this stuff?  I genuinely don't get that aspect of draft weekend.

And don't come back w/ "well, Cody Ford"....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

We're clearly circling back to Free Agency and/or have a Trade for later in the Offseason in the works. We're not relying on someone left on the board in Round 4 to be some kind of savior or Starter for us.

The WR room in this draft had quantity but not much quality outside of the big three. The Bills were never getting a starter once they had gone, let alone a #1.

• Agree 1

Coleman  (if the Bills play him)

Samuel

Shakir

Hollis

Shorter

even with Kincaid

this is a below average group

The Vikings have 3 draft picks in 2025

find a way to get Jefferson.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Why do fans on this board think they know more than guys who live & breathe this stuff?  I genuinely don't get that aspect of draft weekend.

We're mutants on a ***** NFL message board at midnight on a Friday night in April. Who lives this ***** more than us?

Edited by Ralonzo

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Fair .. but this board also overwhelmingly hated the Boogie Basham pick and wanted Creed Humphrey, DK Metcalf and Trey Smith, to name a few. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Samuel

Shakir

Hollis

Shorter

even with Kincaid

But what did you expect from this draft? As I said above, it's a case of quantity over quality when it comes to WR. Once the big three had gone there was a lot of muchness but little difference.

My personal wish would be to use stockpiled picks to try and trade for a veteran - I don't thinking picking anyone yesterday, today or tomorrow from the Bills position would move the dial that much.

I disagree with almost everything I am seeing here.

The Bills are doing what is called Team Building.  They had veteran leaders walk out the door and they are drafting guys who have the talent and traits to become new leaders on this team.  The Defense was awful vs KC and was lucky Pittsburgh had no QB.

I have a hunch tomorrow they take another WR, A running back and A Corner...No idea what they do in the 6th and 7th...i hope they take a kicker.

The offense will have a full offseason of Joe Brady's scheme, They added a couple of veterans to the 0ffensive line group and now they have added Curtis Samuels and Keon Coleman to go with ascending players in Dalton Kincaid and James Cook.

All you guys who wanted change to the offense are overlooking that we are getting it.  I wish they would have had the ability to take a real center and leave mcgovern at left guard but hopefully it will be ok.

Plus, their are still veteran players available at wr who could get signed.  I still like the idea of Michael Gallup on a 1 year deal.

I don't get the angry people or the irrational posts.  The bills are rebuilding their team.  Its going to take this years draft and next years draft.  They will still be in the mix this year in the post season if the defense can somehow stay healthy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think what you see after tomorrow is the roster you're going to get. There will be no trades for WR's. They just took us back to 2018 with our WR depth chart, IF they do what I expect them to do tomorrow. 

Edited by H2o

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Samuel

Shakir

Hollis

Shorter

even with Kincaid

Wish I could argue.

That line up isn't to intimidating. 

The Bills have a type of player and that is a high character, high effort, smart football player. They have done this for years.

Look at all 3 guys they drafted. All have those qualities, all are team before themselves.

Coleman is a highly intelligent high effort WR who is a great leader

Carter- Only 3 year captain in Duke Football history. Relentless football player who never stops.

Bishop- Tough tackler for one of the toughest coaches in college football.

The Bills take more steak guys than sizzle. Is that the right philosophy I dont know but its their philosophy whether we like it or not

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Because every draft we see how many times supposedly smart GMs & scouts pass up on great players or take awful ones.

Fans can be guilty of honing in on a small group of players, while NFL teams often overthink & over-evaluate other players.

I might be a brain dead idiot, but I can safely say I was all aboard the Mahomes bandwagon in 2017. Do I know more than GMs? Hell no. But apparently I'm smarter than the Bears FO who traded up to draft Mitch Trubisky & ignore Mahomes.

Edited by BigDingus

Just now, SCBills said:

Fair .. but this board also overwhelmingly hated the Boogie Basham pick and wanted Creed Humphrey, DK Metcalf and Trey Smith, to name a few. 

There are always the "hits" that the board has - I can give you that.  But overall, no one here knows much.  I hear people talk about their boards, and that's great, but there are hundreds of players out there, a ton of schools, thousands of hours of game film - maybe a few here put in the massive amount of time really needed, but for many, it's just checking mocks and highlight reels for a few weeks.

I just can't relate to the instant declarations of anything.  Every draft, I give them the benefit of the doubt - because there is no doubt at all that they know more than I do.