Rd 2, Pick 60: DB Cole Bishop, Utah

SDS

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Or is Hicks another Franklin, and there's something in the background putting teams off.

There's still Mustapha, Taylor-Demerson, Oladapo et al.

I want Beane to be right on Bishop, of course. That everyone else flames out and he's the only stud. It's just still, on draft day, taking a S or LB or RB in the middle of round 2 is like taking a T or EDGE or WR in the middle of round 1. You damn well better be getting a star, a difference maker, and then it's justified.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I wonder if Beane asked Kincaid about Bishop?

I like this pick a ton more than the awful Coleman pick.  

Yeah, he mentions Kincaid had spoken to him about Bishop in the video the Bills posted on X.

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Beane just said they tried to trade up for him.  

Yeah he said Bishop was the last 2nd round graded player on their board for a few picks so they were trying to go up for him. Hope they are right about him. Taking a safety in R2, he has to be really really good to justify the selection.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yup..how did those McD safeties do stopping KC in the playoffs....

Beane could have doubled up on WR and blew it

They now have Shakir, C. Samuel, Coleman, Kincaid, Knox.  They play with only one ball.

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah he said Bishop was the last 2nd round graded player on their board for a few picks so they were trying to go up for him. Hope they are right about him. Taking a safety in R2, he has to be really really good to justify the selection.

Taking anyone in round 2 has to be really good. The Bills are weak at Safety. That’s a pretty importent position in McDermott’s defense.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

There's still Mustapha, Taylor-Demerson, Oladapo et al.

I want Beane to be right on Bishop, of course. That everyone else flames out and he's the only stud. It's just still, on draft day, taking a S or LB or RB in the middle of round 2 is like taking a T or EDGE or WR in the middle of round 1. You damn well better be getting a star, a difference maker, and then it's justified.

When does the “middle” of a 32 pick round end?  As you’ve pointed out twice above, 28 is still in the middle.  I’ll assume you agree that 32 is the end.  Are 29, 30, and 31 middle or end IYHO?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

They now have Shakir, C. Samuel, Coleman, Kincaid, Knox.  They play with only one ball.

If we can keep Samuel off the field that'd be awesome 

Also, I don't want anybody telling me McDermott doesn't run the draft.

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia

5 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I believe Beane said to Bishop "Dalton was in my ear about you a lot" 

It is interesting that Coleman was drafted off the back of Josh's wishes and Bishop from the pushing by Kincaid. Back office putting a lot of emphasis on player desire considering it's getting to the point where the spotlight is starting to glare at Beane and McDermott.