Do You Like What Beane Did in the First Round?

Gugny

Do You Like What Beane Did in the First Round?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like What Beane Did in the First Round?

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

I don’t think worrying about other teams is a good strategy. 

Clearly, there was no one at 28 who the Bills wanted. 

The fact that KC ended up getting a WR with our pick doesn’t faze me. 

I don’t care what KC does. 

I find it hard fo believe that Beane is content going into next season with our current WRs plus any receiver(s) he gets in subsequent rounds. 

He has a plan. 

I agree.  It was a smart move to still have 10 picks while adding a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

• Like (+1) 1

The jury is still out for me.  I think the Bills need to come out of the draft with a quality receiver that has some speed and athleticism.  I don't know what their thought process was regarding Brian Thomas Jr., Xavier Worthy and Xavier Legette.  I don't know if they tried to trade up for Thomas and failed to get a fair deal or they didn't think he represented a good value where they would have had to move.  My assumption is they didn't like the value of the two Xaviers where they would have had to take them.  Obviously, other teams had different opinions. Only time will tell who's right, and only time will tell if Beane's strategy will pan out in getting a quality receiver at a place that represents good value.  

I marginally like the decisions last night. Getting a 3rd while still putting yourself in a enviable position (#33) to trade down again. Yes we lose the 5th year option but besides a qb or pass rusher it wouldn't have mattered. Now if we don't land at least Franklin/ Mitchell or both, then the decision last night will be an embarrassment. And if Worthy hits in KC, the gnashing of teeth among the Mafia will go on forever. Alot rides on today and Worthy busting.

• Like (+1) 1

I said no but it could be a maybe only because we have no clue if a veteran WR will be traded for by the June 1st cuts or if we select WR's here in the 2nd/3rd. My guys going into this were Worthy and Legette who both got selected. I don't like the trade downs because of that but when Beane said he only had I believe it was 21 1st round grades on players and stated he didn't even try and trade up after telling us when we traded away Diggs were worse off without him I expected something better than patching it up with players they don't even view as 1st rounders right now. Again i won't jump the gun until we see what training camp looks, the sky is not falling but I feel no better right at this particular moment then I did when we traded away Diggs.

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I marginally like the decisions last night. Getting a 3rd while still putting yourself in a enviable position (#33) to trade down again. Yes we lose the 5th year option but besides a qb or pass rusher it wouldn't have mattered. Now if we don't land at least Franklin/ Mitchell or both, then the decision last night will be an embarrassment. And if Worthy hits in KC, the gnashing of teeth among the Mafia will go on forever. Alot rides on today and Worthy busting.

Yeah - I agree w/ that.  I think KC gets Worthy regardless, but if he turns into a superstar, the perception will certainly be that the Chiefs got one over on the Bills yet again.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane wasn't the GM for the Mahomes trade.

My wish as a Bills fan is that this trade goes well for the Bills and bad for the Chiefs.

A Worthy bust along with Pick #133 coupled with 2 Buffalo Bills stars at #33 and #95 would be awesome!

A football fan's hope springs eternal.  Can't wait for tonight!

Yup and if there was a vote thread then I suspect it would be the same as this one.  More than half liking it, "trust the process", and so on.  In these situations generally one side loses and one wins, and often it takes a few years to figure out which is which.  KC won the last one.  Hopefully the Bills come out on top this time.

25 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Particularly every time he burns the Bills deep ;)

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I think the board was calling for Rosen over Allen. Gotta include the hits and misses to be fair.

We all have plenty of misses when it comes to QB evaluating, but that isnt the topic.

Everything I referred to was regarding digging up talent in the late-1st/2nd round where it gets extra tricky, why I said "in this range", and where we have had issues historically.

The Allen pick isnt relevant in the scope of this discussion.

Beane has had some recent hits in this area with Rousseau, Kincaid, Cook, and O'Torrence. But none of those picks were made in lieu of another player we were all banging the table for.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

What’s with all the crying about trading with KC? They’re an NFL team too. Hell, we gave the 7th overall pick and they Drafted Mahomes. We picked Tre White with their original pick

Quitchercrying, ladies.

one of my operating principle in life these days  is  "f the chiefs".  Last nights move violated one of my fundamental organziational principles of my life. So I voted no. 

There is certainly risk to what Beane is doing here, but I think it's the right move. As for KC, I have no problem with allowing KC going up and getting a WR, because they obviously felt he wasn't worthy of a 1st Rnd grade, plus don't forget that KC had to give up draft capital to move up. The jury is still out on who made the better trade. Trading down twice did significantly improve day 2 for the Bills as well.

Now Beane just needs hit on his day 2 picks. He's laying the foundation to improve the whole team and not just WR. I think he can still get a good receiver and improve other positions as well. It's a good plan. Hopefully it works out. Feeling rather optimistic about the team getting some good quality youth on this team.

Now does he trade down again?

On 4/26/2024 at 9:42 AM, Teddy KGB said:

yay, let’s draft wideouts like the pats 💩💩

Well, I certainly wasn’t hoping to be the close to the mark!

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😜

• Haha (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic