Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

When I watched his tape instead of reading reports and watching a single highlight video. That post was after my very first foray into the class. I spent an embarrassing amount of time watching tape of the top 8 or so guys.

Good to see you came around and I didn’t watch one tape of him at the time. Apparently you did and also felt strong enough to have an opinion 😂 

Edited by Mikie2times

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I hope he has great hands because his college career 55% catch rate says otherwise. 

Just like Josh Allen’s completion % 

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cute. Where is your thread on the people who wanted Josh Rosen over Josh Allen?  Why didn't you mention the board meltdown when we drafted Bernard?  How about all the guys who mocked the Milano pick?  How about the people who wanted to cut Spencer Brown last year?  Or the majority of the board who argued with me all last offseason that Shakir can't catch?  

There are about a 1000 busts or bad takes this board BEGGED for and threw tantrums we they didn't get their way.  So no offense, but your reply here is a joke.  There are no NFL level scouts or GM's on this board and they are wrong a LOT more than they are right around here.  

Add to this something you alluded to earlier in this string- coaches like McVay and Shanahan have proven with contemporary rules that you can scheme guys open in today’s NFL and make guys like Cooper Kupp dominant. I’m expecting Joe Brady and Josh Allen to turn Coleman into a dangerous and productive WR as early as this coming season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

More people had Coleman ranked ahead of Legette than the other way around.  Coleman's avg draft ranking was WR7, Legettes was WR14

That goes both ways…. how many had Keon rated higher than BTj, The other guy in you mentioned?

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Good to see you came around and I didn’t watch one tape of him at the time. Apparently you did and also felt strong enough to have an opinion on it.😂

I am traditionally against pure contested catch guys. I ended up seeing more from Coleman than I expected.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He was likely the next wr to go to any team if we didn’t pick a wr lol it’s not like a 49ers first round level reach.  Really don’t understand the discourse here 

The discourse is they needed that top WR, instead is more of what they already have.  

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

Coleman is only 20 years old...he is not even old enough to drink yet!!!  This guy could be a Bill for a long time.

20? Holy shirt, the dude is older than Tremaine Edmunds!

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m kind of amazed by the guys who get so worked up over draft picks like this like fans know anything. Some of you need to take a pill. He could be great, mediocre, or a total bust. None of us know a damn thing. Let’s just hope they got it right. We won’t know anything until he plays on an NFL field.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think he will be Gabe Davis at his best and James Hardy if he struggles. There’s my expectations of him. But hey, I’m actually shocked they took a WR to begin with. Really thought they felt they were good there. 

Did Beane call you for your input? If not, who gives a sh-t

Like almost everyone else on this board, I know nothing about the young man and his football ability.

So, just to be contrarian, I will say that I LOVE THIS PICK!!! WAY TO GO MR. BEANE, YOU ARE THE BEST!!! 🤪

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

boss, telling the story of a guy that played in the era of part time jobs in the offseason doesn’t do what you think

Maybe you missed this part:  

"Beane says Coleman is a 4.5 kind of guy.  These receivers all ran 4.5 or slower:  Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, Davante Adams, Dez Bryant, Jarvis Landry, Tyler Boyd..."

As for Largent, he didn't line up in a Wing T formation wearing a leather helmet.  His career overlapped with Jerry Rice's, Andre Reed's, and James Lofton's.  The NFL had already transformed into a "Passing League" by then and speed was considered as important back then as it is now.  

But speed is only one of the attributes a wideout needs.  There are other traits that contribute to success.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Agree 1

I'm sure the board would have been really pissed if the Bills drafted this FSU receiver in the second round.   

Anquan Boldin NFL Combine Stats

Wide Receiver | Florida State | Atlantic Coast Conference | Division I-FBS

First Name: Anquan - Last Name: Boldin 

Position: Wide Receiver, College: Florida State, Draft Class: 2003

Height: 72.6 inches

Weight: 216 pounds

NFL Combine Scores

40 Yard Dash: 4.73 seconds

40 Yard (MPH): 17.3 (MPH)

20 Yard Split: 2.73 seconds

10 Yard Split: 1.63 seconds

Bench Press: (N/A) reps (225 lb)

Wonderlic: (N/A) (0-50)

QB Ball Velocity: (N/A) (MPH)

Vertical Leap: 33.5 inches

Broad Jump: (N/A) inches

20 Yd Shuttle: 4.25 seconds 

Three Cone: (N/A) seconds

Shuttle Split: (N/A) seconds 

60 Yd Shuttle: (N/A) seconds

Four Square: (N/A) seconds

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Still have Knox and Cook 

I highly respect both of those guys, no doubt.. but if I'm not mistaken, they're both over a 9% avg. with drop rate. Knox was at 13.9% in 2023.

Not to say they can't work on that issue, of course.

Kincaid was at a 5.5% drop rate last season.

What's good is, this is obviously a specific focus with Joe Brady. After that big drop late against KC in the playoffs by Diggs, I can see why.