Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

I'll type slow.

WE wanted him. He was highly rated on OUR board

We couldn't trade down because NE would have drafted him.

Okay?

Now up to bed with you.

Wow B-maam you really think your that smart? Sounds like you're the one to go to bed early.

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

This guy sucks can't separate and never makes plays. Other than the 85 catches on 87 targets 🤔 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

He caught 50 of those targets, not 85. That's only 57% of his targets....good drop % though

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Furthermore, he's a dolphins fan 

He’s a guy that’s complained there’s no enough hockey talk…on a football message board.   He doesn’t care.  He’s had a couple of beers and want to sit in his apartment and complain about the bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Maybe. I just see more of what they already have.  I'm not saying he's a bust but I don't see this guy being more than a 2 at best. This team needed a Diggs replacement, that true number 1. Instead they have a bunch of 2 and 3s. 

You mean the Diggs that was a ghost in the playoffs on a team that was soft and not physical enough in the playoffs?  We needed to get tougher, can't have our QB be the only source of toughness on your offense.  

24 minutes ago, Magox said:

It’s still too slow! Devante Adams and Antonio Brown both ran 4.56. They were both busts too. Only slot guys. 

We need a burner!!!  What is Beane thinking!!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Success said:

So? 

Are you going for some kind of "gotcha?"  I view the draft the same every year.   I know next to nothing.  I look at a player, and if he has good attributes, I hope for the best.

I try not to be disparaging, but I think they guys who come on here and post "bust" or whatever right away are total clowns.  They read a few mocks, watch some youtube, and think they know as much as guys who breathe this stuff every day, all day, 365 days a year.

You think Beane & the scouts missed the fact that he doesn't get "separation?"  They obviously like some of his other skills much more.

I mentioned the Josh Allen pick reaction. The Terrel Bernard one is pretty hilarious now too:

“I had him as a 6th rounder/Day 3 pick”.  Love it. So good. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

There are so many good/great WR's who didn't run a 4.3/4.4.  Speed is great, doesn't mean everything.  Sure hands, good route running, athleticism all equal a very good career.  Hopeful Brady puts his stamp on this offense and makes the offense even better.

speed doesn't mean anything, but ol speed on a reciever is disqualifying

• Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, babulator said:

Well that's at good at least. To paraphrase BB "He's a WR, if we're talking about his ability to catch the ball, that's a problem"

I mean he wins contested catches too…it’s not like he only catches the ball when he’s open/supposed to.  He’s gonna murder those plays when josh rolls out right buying time for someone to throw to 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mean the Diggs that was a ghost in the playoffs on a team that was soft and not physical enough in the playoffs?  We needed to get tougher, can't have our QB be the only source of toughness on your offense.  

This guy they drafted is not it. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I'm a tad nervous because I've been pumping up Coleman as a great pick, and now if he sucks I'm gonna look stupid. But man his size and competitiveness and hands just get me really excited. Allen is a gunslinger. He just got his guy he can launch the ball to downfield 1v1.

When did you come around to him? I remember exchanging posts with you about him in January. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

He’s a better pick the AD who spells trouble with a cap T.  I still think we could have worked a deal here, dropped a tad and still got him.

At this point I think we could mess around and get a combo of 2 safeties and an edge in our next 3 picks.

Try to move up in the 4th for another WR or DT and then do whatever the board dictates as far as depth pieces

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My point is bad weather negates speed and finesse, deep balls, etc.  Teams who are more physical have the advantage and Bills have been too soft in the postseason.  We need toughness at more places than just our QB.  

This dude is gonna be a baller here and I am stoked. 

That is the best argument I have heard for Coleman.  I admit that I’ve been way over the top in not liking the pick.  I truly hope he turns into an all time great.

Yup Beano and McClappy at their finest,  already blowing the first pick of this years draft.  And this is what we get after all the BS at the end of the first round.  We get a super slow-mo WR.  Instead of Worthy, Legette or Mitchell !!!!!

WTF........

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

When did you come along to him?

When I watched his tape instead of reading reports and watching a single highlight video. That post was after my very first foray into the class. I spent an embarrassing amount of time watching tape of the top 8 or so guys.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I'm an old, cynical bastard who knows next to nothing about picking prospects but I'm liking this pick!

This guy looks like a kind of slow lumbering big target who'll make his mark by being tall, right?

I'd agree except for one thing I do know, that I learned by seeing players practice in person, which is look for big guys who can move like little ones.

It's rare and hard to see on TV unless you look for it (like I just did) I've not seen many like that. 2 were Shawn Merriman and Mario Williams.

Another Bill who can move his feet like a 5'8" Broadway dancer, is 6'5" Josh Allen.

Watch Allen's feet in a game sometime. It's unbelievable when you consider he's HUGE.

I watched Chandler#81's post video, cynical, old, and expecting to be underwhelmed. Instead I started to get chills!

At 2:00 watch how fast his hands move down and up to nab that ball.

You have to bear in mind this guy is 6'4". Find a 6-4 guy you know and experience how big that is. They move more slowly and are less nimble because they're so big. That's just nature!

2:10 Keon Coleman Hurdles defender

3:55 One hand grab? Then somersaults back on his feet.

4:40 Punt return, stumbles, one hands himself back upright, keeps going.

5:00 One handed catch while being hit.

6:10 Good punt return. Like I said I know almost nothing, but 6'4" returning punts isn't common is it?

I think I know why Bean picked Keon Coleman, and I think he's a solid-ass 2nd round pick!

• Like (+1) 3