Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Who loves the pick?  I heard “polite applause “.

Means nothing on this board.  For supposedly being knowledgable fans, some of these Bills fans prove that they aren't.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

I am convinced that the people who hate this pick, don't really watch college football.  They watch highlights and read commentaries from non-NFL people to get their information.  

Ill admit.. Social Media Draft Guys post-combine are driving a lot of this.

Actual analysts all seem to love Coleman. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

One thing I notice watching him is that he seems faster than he looks.

I mean, he kind of looks like he's lumbering along, and then you notice that the guys chasing him are eating dust

That was kind of Josh Allen's thing his first years in the league, players would take an angle on him based on his perceived speed and ..Oops!

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think they can get Franklin at 60, if they want him.  That would be both receivers that I hoped they would not draft.

Me, too, which is why I think it will happen now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Coleman is only 20 years old...he is not even old enough to drink yet!!!  This guy could be a Bill for a long time.

He may just have one good season right before free agency, just in time for the Bears to sign him and watch him suck again. Did you know Tremaine Edmunds was only 19 when we drafted him?

9 minutes ago, Process said:

People just assuming we could trade back and still get him are ridiculous. It's not like he was projected as a 5th rounder. He was always going somewhere in round 2. Just because you had 3 guys ahead of him doesn't mean thats the order they would get drafted in. Polk just went ahead of Mitchell and Franklin as well. That kid from Florida went ahead of all of them . We have no idea. NE could have taken him at 34. 

I wanted a WR. They got the guy Josh wanted. That's good enough for me. 

And I bet we take another one tonight. 

Franklin and Mitchell still available.

if you want to draft this shlub anywhere in the second you are wrong.  that's the problem.  not the lack of a trade down to grab this crap, but drafting him at all.  he will never be an quality nfl player

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Appreciate it.  I also learn stuff on YouTube.  Did you know this guy Daniel Negraunu always knows the other guy’s hand when he plays poker?

Not sure about that because I’ve played with him in Vegas before and he wasn’t able to put me on hands. Interesting that you picked a subject I have personal experience with. Kinda cool. Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm a tad nervous because I've been pumping up Coleman as a great pick, and now if he sucks I'm gonna look stupid. But man his size and competitiveness and hands just get me really excited. Allen is a gunslinger. He just got his guy he can launch the ball to downfield 1v1.

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

hope Josh is right

I'm happy Josh likes him

13 minutes ago, LLCoolCy said:

Everyone relax. National media is much higher than our fans.

plus the Pats were trying to get him and the Bills snipped them (they traded down after)

It seems that actual scouts like the pick, just not draftniks.

I cannot in good conscience say "Oh Troy Franklin plays faster than his 40 time, I care about game speed more than how a guy looks in shorts" and then automatically dismiss someone built like a tank when Shakir and Samuel are shifty YAC

• Thank you (+1) 1