Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Let's be honest - the Bills didn't want either Worthy or Legette, but clearly called the Panthers bluff by saying they'd draft him if the Panthers didn't take 32. Perhaps they even did the same with the Chiefs, as I'm not sure who would have picked Worthy had they stayed at 32.

Right decision? Wrong decision? Goodness knows. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another trade back from 33. My biggest disappointment is Josh is, so far, getting so little support yet will get the blame when the team falls short again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The Xaviers are regarded as having mid Day-2 grades. If Beane is right and they are reaches at the draft picks he traded out, where the Bills reap the benefits, and gets his guy anyway after being pushed down (and lower salary!) then we're not Worthy.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

They must have told us the WR they wanted and it wasn't our guy. 

There’s not a chance in hell that happened.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

AD Mitchell and Ladd sitting there still. 

Personally hope we go Mitchell (high ceiling) and then double dip on day 2, but I’d be happy with Ladd. He’s kind of a slightly smaller Steph. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Nothing more hyped than a 1st round pick, especially the 2nd half of the round.  More picks increases odds of hitting on players.  Plus Bills in retool mode.  Couldn't beat KC with aging core so gets more players in the draft and hope some can play.     

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Yup completely what I'm doing - I'm sooo much better than you -

Was that you? Idk I'm truly not mad at you. I'm disappointed atm. It's not personal. I'm sure you're actually a good person. My apology for being passive aggressive. Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Of course I’d be upset, but not at Beane trading back.  I’d be pissed if we drafted worthy to only have him get injured right away, or turns out he can’t catch the ball

if the chiefs maximize the ability of him, so be it.  This isn’t us trading the first overall pick.

you can’t be “scared” as an NFL gm.  Beane has someone in mind for our pick, and he obviously knows he will get him

so let kc squirm and find another partner, or make them overpay

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The big fail here is not that we didnt get what some presume to be hall of fame college players. Heck every draft has steals. But what i do see as a FAIL is letting K.C. the only team we cannot beat get exactly what they want. We did it with Mahomes and now with the fastest player ever to run at the combine. Just doesnt make any sense.

Edited by Cuboirs
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. Wonderful said:

Nothing more hyped than a 1st round pick, especially the 2nd half of the round.  More picks increases odds of hitting on players.  Plus Bills in retool mode.  Couldn't beat KC with aging core so gets more players in the draft and hope some can play.     

5th round players are no guarantee to even make the team. This team needs a few difference makers not Meh scrubs.

• Like (+1) 2