Legette vs. McConkey

I would take Legette. Go back and watch the college highlights of AJ Brown. They are VERY similar in size and style of play. I would say that Legette is probably faster in the open field though. McConkey reminds me of a taller Beasley. Even though I think McConkey will be solid for what he does, a possession guy who gets you 4 or 5 grabs a game for 50-60 yards, I see Legette as the game-breaker type of WR this offense truly needs. 

1 hour ago, Allen2D̶i̶g̶g̶s̶TBD said:

I like Troy Franklin better than Legette or McConkey.

Franklin can be the true deep threat that we've lacked since John Brown left.

McConkey ran a slightly faster 40 than Franklin did.  I like McConkey much better than Franklin.  I agree, though, that Bills really appear interested in Franklin.  I just think Franklin would be a suboptimal pick at 28.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Hopefully a small trade back and we draft both of them in the 2nd round. 

Neither will make it to rd 2 if Buffalo passes. Ladd, whom may go before Buffalo picks anyway, would likely be drafted by KC (think about that for a second), and all indications are CAR will take Legette at 33.  I would take Ladd at 28 and try to get Baker, Rice, Polk or that Rice receiver (brother of the great SF RB)

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Would we draft this guy?

IMG_4237.webp

IMG_4240.jpeg

At a basic level,  it's an interesting comparison.  Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave are also interesting RAS score comparisons for McConkey.   Lots of similarities,  though I'd never try to argue that they're the same guy.  

Edited by Brandon

Just now, Brandon said:

At a basic level,  it's an interesting comparison.  Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave are also interesting RAS score comparisons.   Lots of similarities,  though I'd never try to argue that they're the same guy.  

No. I actually see a lot of Diggs in a mid round guy though. Jamari Thrash!

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No. I actually see a lot of Diggs in a mid round guy though. Jamari Thrash!

I know Thrash was considered a mid round sleeper a few months back.  Don't hear much about him anymore.  Admittedly,  I've only given a very brief glance to watching him play. 

I prefer to look at by which 2 WRs we'd end up with if we took McConkey or Leggette at #28.

Which pair would you rather have:

A) McConkey & Brendan Rice

B) Leggette & Tez Walker

It's A all day for me.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Curious - if you had to chose between Legette and McConkey at 28 -- who do you take?  

Personally I take McConkey (but I really like Legette too).  My thinking is -- McConkey is may be the best separator in the draft.  If a receiver can separate Josh will find him (as he found Beasly).  After Harrison and Odumze, other than Legette, there are not big-bodied X's I truly love.  I like Thomas, but I assume he is gone (and he is not really a size match-up problem).  I don't trust Mitchell or Franklin, do not like Coleman or Walker.  I would take McConkey and be sure to get Brendan Rice later.  While he has some limitations, all scouting reports seem to say that the 6'4" Rice has elite acceleration and can really take the top off.  Having an X that can do that would be great.  Shakir and McConkey can be really strong mixed through as the Z and slot.  Both of them can get deep as well.

Personally,  I would take McConkey, Defense at 60, move up from 128 to get Rice and spend the rest of my picks on defense (save maybe an IOL and very late RB (like pick 248)).

Thoughts?

Why didn't you make a poll? It's easy, I think you can still add it.

42 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It depends on what you want. Do you want another small slot guy or do you want a big strong blocking guy? Or do you get someone like AD Mitchell to play the Diggs role? I like McConkey but I think we already have some McConkey's on the team and we need a Gabe or Diggs replacement 

Javon Baker is absolutely a Davis replacement. Same school, same game, same drops :O