My 2024 Mock Draft

1 rd. Trade the this 28th and our 2025 2nd to Jax for their 17th and draft Brian Thomas Jr. LSU WR. No surprise here.

2 rd. 60th Jermaine Burton Alabama WR. Numbers don’t jump out because of bad quarterback play. 6 feet 196 pounds with 4.45 forty speed. 38 inch vertical 11 foot broad jump. Excellent downfield receiver. Particularly on the sidelines.

4 rd. 128th Braelon Allen Wisconsin RB. 6 foot and 1 inch and 235 pounds of muscle. Bruising back who would be a very good compliment to James Cook. Also ran a 4.40 forty at the combine typical workhorse Wisconsin running back style.

4 rd. 132nd Tykee Smith university of Georgia safety. Doesn’t have ideal height at 5 foot 10 but has a solid built weighing in at 206 pounds. Ran a 4.46 forty at the combine. Recorded for an interceptions and a senior year at Georgia.

The rest of the draft picks might be used for trade ups or just  best player available at this point. I thought about using the second round from this year, the third round from next year and the fourth round for this year to trade up to the end of the first for Troy Franklin, but thought against it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Burton doesn’t seem to be their type…

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Burton doesn’t seem to be their type…

I agree, but I’d be really happy with him in rd 2.  He’s very intriguing to me.  Playing with 17 would be incredible for him.

Not a fan of drafting zero DL or OL in the first 4 rounds.  I think there’s little chance of Allen falling to 128. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, r henderson said:

1 rd. Trade the this 28th and our 2025 2nd to Jax for their 17th and draft Brian Thomas Jr. LSU WR. No surprise here.

2 rd. 60th Jermaine Burton Alabama WR. Numbers don’t jump out because of bad quarterback play. 6 feet 196 pounds with 4.45 forty speed. 38 inch vertical 11 foot broad jump. Excellent downfield receiver. Particularly on the sidelines.

4 rd. 128th Braelon Allen Wisconsin RB. 6 foot and 1 inch and 235 pounds of muscle. Bruising back who would be a very good compliment to James Cook. Also ran a 4.40 forty at the combine typical workhorse Wisconsin running back style.

4 rd. 132nd Tykee Smith university of Georgia safety. Doesn’t have ideal height at 5 foot 10 but has a solid built weighing in at 206 pounds. Ran a 4.46 forty at the combine. Recorded for an interceptions and a senior year at Georgia.

The rest of the draft picks might be used for trade ups or just  best player available at this point. I thought about using the second round from this year, the third round from next year and the fourth round for this year to trade up to the end of the first for Troy Franklin, but thought against it.

I don't think our 2nd next year is enough to get to get from 28 to 17. And if Thomas makes it to the Jaguars, the Jaguars are probably just going to take him. The feeling around Thomas is that we'd have to get ahead of the Jaguars to ensure him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 and a late 2nd next year doesn't get you close to 17.  Though I would trade more to move up to 17 if Thomas II makes it to 17

Burton is a bad person, off many boards, probably off Buffalo's board

• Like (+1) 1

Trading up in this rich WR draft for a kid that is as raw as they come is a terrible move

We need to infuse this team with more talent, and we need to give Josh someone to help him out immediately 

A trade up for Thomas II would take away precious draft capital, and he wouldn't be a reliable weapon until he develops

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

Trading up in this rich WR draft for a kid that is as raw as they come is a terrible move

We need to infuse this team with more talent, and we need to give Josh someone to help him out immediately 

A trade up for Thomas II would take away precious draft capital, and he wouldn't be a reliable weapon until he develops

I think most pundits would agree that BTJ has a lot of room to develop, but he literally scored 17 TD in the SEC, against corners that will be drafted into the NFL. Not sure I agree with this take. He is way more pro-ready than you think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, r henderson said:

I’d bet a lot of $$$ Burton isn’t on our board

47 minutes ago, BillsClinton said:

I think most pundits would agree that BTJ has a lot of room to develop, but he literally scored 17 TD in the SEC, against corners that will be drafted into the NFL. Not sure I agree with this take. He is way more pro-ready than you think.

this + pretty much every starting LSU WR has made it BIG TIME in the NFL recently

2 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

28 and a late 2nd next year doesn't get you close to 17.  Though I would trade more to move up to 17 if Thomas II makes it to 17

Burton is a bad person, off many boards, probably off Buffalo's board

I think #28, next years 2nd and this years 4th would get it done.

40 minutes ago, BillsClinton said:

Jayden Daniels with Nabers drawing the best corner with safety help.

The film shows alot of him being wide open or catching a screen pass that he turned into a big gainer. 

I will say this...he's an unknown...which means boom or bust. There's things he has in his favor, and things he has going against him. 

I could live with drafting him at 28, but I can't get on board with giving up a 2nd rounder to move up for him

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe I am scorned from the back to back DE picks resulting in Boogie Bashom, but I just don't like back to back positional picks.   

There are only so many footballs to go around.   Burton in the second round would become, best case and most likely scenario, the sixth best option to the get the ball to in our offense.   I can't help but think we could find someone later in the draft for that spot.

14 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I think #28, next years 2nd and this years 4th would get it done.

I dont think so.  Draft charts I'm looking at have #17 as 950 and our #28 as 660.  Our highest fourth this year #128 is worth 44.  Rule of thumb is subtract around for future picks so the best next years second could be valued at is 265.  Thats just enough to get it done but pick 91 (what wouldve been our third) is only worth 135 which would be well short of whats needed.  I suspect Jax would value our 2nd more like pick 91 though maybe vikings 2nd we have now could get it done.  

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=buf

2 hours ago, buffalostu2 said:

Maybe I am scorned from the back to back DE picks resulting in Boogie Bashom, but I just don't like back to back positional picks.   

There are only so many footballs to go around.   Burton in the second round would become, best case and most likely scenario, the sixth best option to the get the ball to in our offense.   I can't help but think we could find someone later in the draft for that spot.

You really think that Burton and his talent (off field issues aside) that he wouldn’t be above guys like Hollins or Shorter on this team? The kid has some serious talent. He will be a player in this league not some backup Joe assuming he gets his head on straight.

2 hours ago, buffalostu2 said:

They've lost 241 targets to the two starters and about 285 targets total at the WR spot.  Curtis Samuel will take up some of the slack,  and they probably won't do it,  but there's plenty of passes to go around for two more at 28 and 60.  

21 hours ago, r henderson said:

Good draft.  I’d use the rest of the draft to try to find a pass rusher, OC, and DT.  Maybe a linebacker but his group is weak.

On 4/17/2024 at 5:16 PM, r henderson said:

Burton has serious character issues if I remember right. He also transfered 2-3 times in college 

• Agree 1

My mock is:

1.28 - Bills go with best CB available, which will be Kool-Aid McKinstry

2.42 - Bills trade up with Houston and send them 2.60 with Kaiir Elam to jump up and take a WR. Bills continue rolling doing deals with Houston and Elam follows Diggs to Texas where Elam had a previous top-30 visit to Houston in 2022.

With this pick the Bills select Xavier Legette to be their WR of choice.

The Bills aren't done there.

2.46 - Bills make a trade with Indianapolis sending the 2025 HOU 2nd (via MIN), 2024 4.128 and 2024 5.160 (via GB) and select LB, Edgerrin Cooper out of Texas A&M

No 3rd round pick, but the Bills then still have:

7 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

My mock is:

1.28 - Bills go with best CB available, which will be Kool-Aid McKinstry

2.42 - Bills trade up with Houston and send them 2.60 with Kaiir Elam to jump up and take a WR. Bills continue rolling doing deals with Houston and Elam follows Diggs to Texas where Elam had a previous top-30 visit to Houston in 2022.

With this pick the Bills select Xavier Legette to be their WR of choice.

The Bills aren't done there.

2.46 - Bills make a trade with Indianapolis sending the 2025 HOU 2nd (via MIN), 2024 4.128 and 2024 5.160 (via GB) and select LB, Edgerrin Cooper out of Texas A&M

No 3rd round pick, but the Bills then still have:

So a LB who would only play special teams for a couple seasons......OK.

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

So a LB who would only play special teams for a couple seasons......OK.

Resident Aggies fan so I am bias, but he's best LB in the nation. 

Who knows how TB and Milano will be this year post injuries...

You want AJ Klein against the Chiefs in the playoffs again? Lol

8 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

Resident Aggies fan so I am bias, but he's best LB in the nation. 

Who knows how TB and Milano will be this year post injuries...

You want AJ Klein against the Chiefs in the playoffs again? Lol

I get your angle, but I would also hope Dorian Williams was up to speed to step in either of those spots this year. For what it's worth though I would like your pic a million times better than like say, Kitchens the safety from Miami. So no I absolutely wouldn't hate it as a pic because I mean too many linebackers is not ever a bad thing either.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/17/2024 at 8:22 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't think our 2nd next year is enough to get to get from 28 to 17. And if Thomas makes it to the Jaguars, the Jaguars are probably just going to take him. The feeling around Thomas is that we'd have to get ahead of the Jaguars to ensure him.

But they just signed Gabe Davis 🤣

5 hours ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

But they just signed Gabe Davis 🤣

And they were trying to retain Calvin Ridley after they signed Davis and lost him. 

They do have Gabe Davis, Zay Jones, Devin Duvernay, and Christian Kirk in the Slot. So it's possible they go elsewhere and wait on WR.

But with them seriously trying to retain Ridley and not being able to get it done, i'd assume they're still looking for a bigger piece alongside Davis than Zay.

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And they were trying to retain Calvin Ridley after they signed Davis and lost him. 

They do have Gabe Davis, Zay Jones, Devin Duvernay, and Christian Kirk in the Slot. So it's possible they go elsewhere and wait on WR.

But with them seriously trying to retain Ridley and not being able to get it done, i'd assume they're still looking for a bigger piece alongside Davis than Zay.

Sorry I was joking there's no way Gabe should stop them from drafting a guy like BTJ

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I can pretty much guarantee that Beane is not going to both trade up in the first for a WR and draft one again at 60

Beane will do what he wants 🤣😆😂 jk I agree ain't no way. Now, maybe just maybe he takes one at 28 and then trades up in the second if another guy he likes keeps slipping down..... maybe.

• Agree 2